NPowerEmployees on new phising expedition

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couple of days ago there was a ring on the intercom middle of the afternoon. When answered was told it was energy company here to check gas and electricity meters - and commented that they have ID on them.

Allowed them into building and walked out onto landing as that is where the cupboard with the electricity meter is - gas meter is outside the building and to one side.

2 guys in suits appeared at top of staircase armed with a clipboard on which was a list of some sort. I could see NPower ID badges round their necks - they looked nothing like the usual meter readers who come round.

First question from them was they wanted to confirm the tariff I was on was the correct one for me - I replied I am not with NPower so not on any of their tariffs.

Second question was who was my supplier - I replied it was none of their business and they had no reason to be asking me these questions.

Third question (and strangest of all in my opinion) was if the flats in the block had regular bills or were fitted with pre-payment meters - my reply was I had no idea for the other flats but my meter type was only the business of my supplier and myself.

I am sure that they were out hunting for people they could entice to switch to their company. Sadly they left without any joy from my block as everyone else was out!!

Want to warn others to be on the look out for this practice in their areas.

Feebee_71

good warning these chancers are terrible, one day will tell all my trials with them and me having to get bailiffs on them

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Couple of days ago there was a ring on the intercom middle of the afternoon. When answered was told it was energy company here to check gas and electricity meters - and commented that they have ID on them.

Allowed them into building and walked out onto landing as that is where the cupboard with the electricity meter is - gas meter is outside the building and to one side.

2 guys in suits appeared at top of staircase armed with a clipboard on which was a list of some sort. I could see NPower ID badges round their necks - they looked nothing like the usual meter readers who come round.

First question from them was they wanted to confirm the tariff I was on was the correct one for me - I replied I am not with NPower so not on any of their tariffs.

Second question was who was my supplier - I replied it was none of their business and they had no reason to be asking me these questions.

Third question (and strangest of all in my opinion) was if the flats in the block had regular bills or were fitted with pre-payment meters - my reply was I had no idea for the other flats but my meter type was only the business of my supplier and myself.

I am sure that they were out hunting for people they could entice to switch to their company. Sadly they left without any joy from my block as everyone else was out!!

Want to warn others to be on the look out for this practice in their areas.

Feebee_71

Good heavens Feebee, you mean you turned down 50% cheaper electricity and gas and payment holidays, 45% interest on overpayments and a fat bonus cheque at Christmas and no price rises guaranteed for the next 30 years - :)