Help! Bank Fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently had fraud commited on my bank account(HBOS) i reported it immediatly about two days after.

I didn't report it sooner as I didn't check my bank account sooner because i already had cash.

I phoned them and reported £200 had been removed from my account fraudulantly.

They then tracked where the payment had been taken etc.

After a couple of hours they phone me back and gave me the information.

On Thursday I went in to my branch and asked for a new card because mine was rather scruffy and couldn't make out the last 3 digits anymore ok they said its been ordered.

On Monday morning I checked my bank account £200 missing asked my mrs "did you take any money out my account" her thinking I ment a tenner said no.

I told her £200 has gone

after talking to the bank etc they said my new card was the one that took it out huh I thought how is that possible

i aint got it yet they took a few more details and then they phoned me back stating

"we will not refund the money because it was your card and pin that was used"

i went to the police they have investigate but there was no CCTV or such at the site were it happened.

I sent a letter of complaint to the bank in question and the FOS says they have 8 weeks to respond and then they can get involved.

they now have 3 weeks left what i was wondering is do i have a chance of getting the money back?

any help greatly appreciated

also i read that a european law means that they have to prove it was me or they have to refund me immediatly is this true

and will they also refund the £30 bank charges i incurred as a direct result of becoming overdrawn?

this should have been dealt with by the fraud dept and refunded immediately

then they investigate

sounds like the card got stolen in the post?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...