Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats is what I thought. If they get funny I will just say "well if you don't believe me here is the note and call them to confirm my attendance" They won't get any joy though as a hospital won't disclose patient attendance. I have done nothing wrong but I know how these people operate

Thanks. Not sure how long this will last, hopefully no more than a week or 2. I will see what the answer is tomorrow as I do not want the hassle of switching to ESA for say a week or two. Looking at that form it seems I can be 'unwell' for 2 periods of 14 day in a year - is that right? I need to rest but was also told to exercise by walking so I do want to get back to normal ASAP so would I need to do a JSA28 even for say a week even if I do my job searches at home?

Yes you need to complete the JSA28 for anytime you are not ASE if you complete the form and get it sent to the JCP plus when Ingeus report that you failed to attend a mandatory appointment JCP will advised Ingeus that they have received a JSA28 from you.

Its the DWP that call the shots not Ingeus I think when you complete the form you not required to put a date that you will be ASE but JCP will add 14 days to the date that you put down

The thing is I have no printer to download and do the form and I legitimately don't know how long I will be 'sick' for. After tomorrow's appt my next one is 24th June so may be OK to continue. How do I do a JSA28 without the form at home? Also should I continue with my online job searching?

Looking at that form it seems I can be 'unwell' for 2 periods of 14 day in a year - is that right?

Yes that's right. And as there's no drawback to using up all the 14 days make sure you do. No doctor's note is required. Anything over 14 days and you have to apply for ESA and you need to leave at least one day between your two 14 day periods. Use it or lose it.

What is confusing is not knowing how long I will be sick for. I have 2 options, get tomorrow's appointment cancelled and carry on as normal and hope I am better for my next appointment where I will be job searching as normal in the lead up to it or literally take the 2 weeks now from 14th June to 28th June via a JSA28 and cancel anything I have in the diary for INGEUS up to that date. I guess the first point of action is seeing what INGEUS say to my email and call tomorrow as I do not want to pre-empt anything.

Phone JCP tomorrow and ask them to send you a JSA28 if the date of your sick period started today the JSA28 will cover you up to Saturday 28th as it may take than long for you to recover, I don't think you require to continue with your job searching while you are unwell but maybe someone else will confirm

If you don't complete the JSA28 you will be sanctioned and your adviser will more than likely enjoy raising the paperwork after post #5552

contact your local JCP or if you have the phone number of the JCP adviser that you normally deal with, yes you need to backdate it from Saturday as Ingeus will raise a doubt against you . just need to remember its the DWP that pay your benefits not Ingeus and its DWP that will stop your benefits if they are not aware of any reason why you were unable to attend any meetings

OK, thanks. Should I call my local JCP or the main DWP number? Also if I do not get a form until say Wed or Thu do I backdate it to Saturday? I will also ask for advice on the phone

Be careful what advice JCP offer on the phone as sometimes it can be incorrect for the JSA28 in the date that you put down doesn't include tomorrow date you will be sanctioned , also fyi the 2 14 day period are not from January to December the year run from your 1st claim date

example if you started you claim 1st June 2013 you would be allowed 2 X 14 day period until 1st June 2014 and a further 2 periods for 1st June 2014 to 1st June 2015

Edited by vinny47
typo

What does SSFU mean?

SSFU is Skills Support something or other...can't actually find anything with it on. The leaflet I managed to armwrestle from the advisor calls the course a 'Talent Pool'! I've already told them I can only attend between 10am-ish [depends on public transport] and 2pm and they said that was fine...but as the course runs from 9.30 - 4pm, I can't see much personalisation or tailoring!

I spoke to another girl doing the course and she mentioned a load of forms to sign....do I just put my name rather than sign or refuse to sign them all?

I'm not too unhappy about the course....it gets me out of advisors face for three weeks and off their lousy pcs.....and I get to give feedback on the course...in writing :D

Afternoon all - after a stressful night and being very uncomfortable I think I am sorted so thank you for all of your help yesterday.

I called INGEUS and told them about non attendance today and as usual no empathy at all - "can you not get a taxi or bus?" I said "you have my note, I have acute back pain. If you want me to come in and I injure myself more YOU can tell my GP and hospital and I will also ensure you are sued as well" Anyway, I got out of it. Also called JCP, they said they are sending me a JSA28 and benefits are not affected as it is under 14 days. I just need to take the JSA28 to JCP when I next sign on (Thursday 26th).

I have put a line through my work search diary this week (Mon-Fri) to say I am ill and immobile and cannot travel or undertake job search activity. What I wanted to ask is am I better off using the full 14 days rather than the 7 and getting out of other activity I have from INGEUS on 24th and 26th June or be honest and if better next week carry on as normal. When the JSA28 arrives what am I supposed to put if I genuinely do not know when I will be better? Also, if I am still sick come 26th (signing on day) can I sign on the phone or do I still need to go to JCP even when I am not supposed to be due to 'illness'?

Any advice appreciated - not in a good place at the moment and as I am honest I don't like playing the system or being dishonest.

Many thanks

Be careful what advice JCP offer on the phone as sometimes it can be incorrect for the JSA28 in the date that you put down doesn't include tomorrow date you will be sanctioned , also fyi the 2 14 day period are not from January to December the year run from your 1st claim date

example if you started you claim 1st June 2013 you would be allowed 2 X 14 day period until 1st June 2014 and a further 2 periods for 1st June 2014 to 1st June 2015

Just seen this. I first signed on 19/02/13 so presmably my year started on 19/02/2014 therefore I am OK.

Afternoon all - after a stressful night and being very uncomfortable I think I am sorted so thank you for all of your help yesterday.

I called INGEUS and told them about non attendance today and as usual no empathy at all - "can you not get a taxi or bus?" I said "you have my note, I have acute back pain. If you want me to come in and I injure myself more YOU can tell my GP and hospital and I will also ensure you are sued as well" Anyway, I got out of it. Also called JCP, they said they are sending me a JSA28 and benefits are not affected as it is under 14 days. I just need to take the JSA28 to JCP when I next sign on (Thursday 26th).

I have put a line through my work search diary this week (Mon-Fri) to say I am ill and immobile and cannot travel or undertake job search activity. What I wanted to ask is am I better off using the full 14 days rather than the 7 and getting out of other activity I have from INGEUS on 24th and 26th June or be honest and if better next week carry on as normal. When the JSA28 arrives what am I supposed to put if I genuinely do not know when I will be better? Also, if I am still sick come 26th (signing on day) can I sign on the phone or do I still need to go to JCP even when I am not supposed to be due to 'illness'?

Any advice appreciated - not in a good place at the moment and as I am honest I don't like playing the system or being dishonest.

Many thanks

Obviously, here on the forum we have to advise you to be honest, but from what you've said, the honest answer to the question "when do you expect to be fit?" is that you don't know. That being the case, I'd say there's no problem with stating that you will be incapacitated for the full 14 days. Just make sure that you don't accidentally specify a 15 day period - if, for example, the first day of your illness period is a Monday, the 14th day will a Sunday.

If you're still incapacitated on your signing day, give them a call to advise, and make efforts to return your JSA28 to them ASAP - by post or, better still, have a friend or family member drop it off at the JC reception desk. They can't issue payment in respect of a period of incapacity/illness until they receive it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Obviously, here on the forum we have to advise you to be honest, but from what you've said, the honest answer to the question "when do you expect to be fit?" is that you don't know. That being the case, I'd say there's no problem with stating that you will be incapacitated for the full 14 days. Just make sure that you don't accidentally specify a 15 day period - if, for example, the first day of your illness period is a Monday, the 14th day will a Sunday.

If you're still incapacitated on your signing day, give them a call to advise, and make efforts to return your JSA28 to them ASAP - by post or, better still, have a friend or family member drop it off at the JC reception desk. They can't issue payment in respect of a period of incapacity/illness until they receive it.

Thanks antone that is very useful - thank you for the prompt reply.

I injured myself on 14th June so if I was to put 14th-28th June would that be correct? I would obviously also need to cancel any appointments I had at INGEUS in this period. My next signing on day is 26th June so would fall in to the sickness period so how would this work with regards to payment of my JSA? I always sign on with my JCP adviser at INGEUS offices before I see INGEUS themselves and if I am 'well enough' to sign on INGEUS will wonder why I am not seeing them so how does this work? If I get the JSA28 by say Thursday this week do I simply post (registered) to them or ask a family member to drop this in for me and then I am signed on automatically for 26th?

Ideally I want to be better by next week so there won't be a problem but I obviously cannot tell how the recovery will go.

Thanks

Thanks antone that is very useful - thank you for the prompt reply.

I injured myself on 14th June so if I was to put 14th-28th June would that be correct? I would obviously also need to cancel any appointments I had at INGEUS in this period. My next signing on day is 26th June so would fall in to the sickness period so how would this work with regards to payment of my JSA? I always sign on with my JCP adviser at INGEUS offices before I see INGEUS themselves and if I am 'well enough' to sign on INGEUS will wonder why I am not seeing them so how does this work? If I get the JSA28 by say Thursday this week do I simply post (registered) to them or ask a family member to drop this in for me and then I am signed on automatically for 26th?

Ideally I want to be better by next week so there won't be a problem but I obviously cannot tell how the recovery will go.

Thanks

If you injury happened on the 14 June, the 14th day after that is Friday 27th, dates inclusive.

As to signing on, the JSA28 should exempt you from the normal requirement to sign on the 26th if you're still unwell. You will still be paid for the period, but there may be a few days delay while they process the JSA28 and issue payment. I'd probably call on the 26th just to confirm that you can't make it and that the JSA28 is on its way, or if you got it to them more than a day or two before that, to check that they've received it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Many thanks

I signed on and attended Ingeus, with acute back pain........................I didn't think it was worth the hassle if i didn't.

Signing on is no more than 5 mins even less these days, and my ingeus appointment is never more than 10 mins max..

Had a friend who signed off with same complaint, it caused her loads of hassle she could of done without.

I signed on and attended Ingeus, with acute back pain........................I didn't think it was worth the hassle if i didn't.

Signing on is no more than 5 mins even less these days, and my ingeus appointment is never more than 10 mins max..

Had a friend who signed off with same complaint, it caused her loads of hassle she could of done without.

Well that has cheered me up no end. If I felt I could attend for 10 mins I would but I have to walk to bus stop get bus and walk to sign on and go to Ingeus. Maybe if it was 10 mins I would struggle through but not for a 2 hour workshop sitting down in pain. This is the first time I have been 'ill' in years so if JCP and Ingeus have a problem with that and screw my claim up then when better there will be problems, at their end not mine

Well that has cheered me up no end. If I felt I could attend for 10 mins I would but I have to walk to bus stop get bus and walk to sign on and go to Ingeus. Maybe if it was 10 mins I would struggle through but not for a 2 hour workshop sitting down in pain. This is the first time I have been 'ill' in years so if JCP and Ingeus have a problem with that and screw my claim up then when better there will be problems, at their end not mine

Yea my mum took my jsa28 in when i was in hosp with swine flu it took a month to sort it all out with all the paper work and me having less than 5% voice capability when i first came out of hospital so chasing things via phne call was long and teedious- my jsa got paid 3 weeks late

TJR JNR

I know where you are coming from, but maybe Ingeus will think its suspicious that as soon as you put on a workshop.....You go on the sick, now i am not saying you haven't got a bad back. just telling you how Ingeus might see it.

And i did 45 mins each way on the bus when i had an acute back pain so it can be done :-)

Anyway hope you're on the mend soon :-)

I had many years at work struggling in with sickness and pain and got nothing apart from grief and beingmade redundant so excuse me whilst I am honestly not feeling good and it is genuine. Being perfectly honest, INGEUS can go stuff themselves, I have forwarded them a note from the hospital so if they do question anything they can call the hospital liars and I will come down on them like a tonne of bricks when well enough.

Anyway, update. My adviser at JCP (not INGEUS as she is useless) called me this morning - he is a lovely bloke and I trust him and he wished me well and said to take the full 14 days (14th-27th) although as my next signing day is 26th if I can try to attend. He will do my JSA28 with me when I am there on 26th and he assured me that my benefits will not be affected - the only way my benefits will be affected is if I go over 14 days and I will have to sort out an ESA claim with a GP note. Now even if I am in pain I don't want the performance of this so will get a lift there for the quick appointment and to complete my JSA28.

I have also cancelled INGEUS workshops I was due on (yesterdays) and on 24th June and asked they are rearranged and copied my JCP adviser in to my email to them so I have it on file in case they try anything on. I have also been advised by my JCP adviser I am expempt from job searches and applications whilst sick so I have time to recover and not worry about being harrassed by INGEUS so on 26th June with nothing to discuss at INGEUS and signing on I should be in and out in 10 minutes. Any form of harrassment or suggestion I have been trying it on or lying even though I have supplied a note will be met with me lodging an official complaint against INGEUS and my adviser there. I also aim to record this meeting in case I need it as evidence for a complaint.

I have never played the system whilst at work or whilst on benefits and as this is genuine I suggest INGEUS tread very carefully when dealing with me on this sensitive subject otherwise it is THEM that will be feeling the full force from me.