Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly, which is why if there is a job I fancy now I make sure it is on an actual company website and I ring in advance to ask if the vacancy is still to be filled - then, and only then, will I do a full application and spend time on it - otherwise now it is simply CVL one click applications - enough is enough. Has anyone EVER got a job from CVL?!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go, my first sign of a patronising attitude from my so called adviser. I emailed my job search to her today and explained that I am seeing the same jobs advertised on various websites and this was the email reply:

"

Hi XXXX, I can confirm I have received your application tracker. As for the same jobs appearing on various websites, I would suggest broadening your job searches and looking at sites you do not usually use.

You will find the same jobs advertised on different sites as employers want to find the best applicants and understand that not all candidates will use the same websites.

I think we should maybe follow up some applications together, to see if we get any different responses?"

Notice how there us a '?' at the end of her response?! How would YOU answer this? I am tempted to be sarcastic but don't want to risk a sanction!

Here we go, my first sign of a patronising attitude from my so called adviser. I emailed my job search to her today and explained that I am seeing the same jobs advertised on various websites and this was the email reply:

"

Hi XXXX, I can confirm I have received your application tracker. As for the same jobs appearing on various websites, I would suggest broadening your job searches and looking at sites you do not usually use.

You will find the same jobs advertised on different sites as employers want to find the best applicants and understand that not all candidates will use the same websites.

I think we should maybe follow up some applications together, to see if we get any different responses?"

Notice how there us a '?' at the end of her response?! How would YOU answer this? I am tempted to be sarcastic but don't want to risk a sanction!

You can invoke your rights. Revoke any permission that you gave to contact you by email or mobile phone, insist that in future any correspondence be issued through a letter, which is either posted to you or handed to you in person. Additionally, if at the first meeting at Ingeus, you signed any forms (such as Data Protection), then you can withdraw that permission. Additionally, you can make it clear that if, at any time, you wish to secure Professional Advice, then you will seek a meeting with a Professional Careers Adviser..

Refuted have provided example letters to withhold consent

http://refuted.org.uk/2013/10/12/withhold/

Although the Welfare To Work Clerk may be offended, and may do a Nick Clegg and offer a Hissy Fit, any Sanction Doubt will not be upheld, and the Welfare To Work Clerks may leave you alone.

"

Note how the advisor is trying to turn things around and hint that it could be your fault (the bit where she says 'I would suggest broadening your job searches and looking at sites you do not usually use'). Even if you look at other sites chances are the same jobs will be on there too.

Sounds like she's just trying to give you some sort of reply which will cover her own backside and make her look positive. No JC staff like customers querying anything do they.

Plus, how does she expect to get any 'different responses' by both of you following up jobs???? The employer either wants you or they don't; doesn't matter who follows up. As long as you're doing enough applications to cover yourself - which you are doing - I wouldn't let her get any more involved.

I was at ingeus today (oh joys) 2 guys turned up same time as me, also for ingeus. one was there for a course. now this guy didn't speak A WORD of english. my advisor said he has been signing on for almost 4 yrs and couldn't even say hello in english, how does this work, i mean how can he be looking for work??? i mean how does he fill in his book for JCP if he doesn't speak or read english.....my advisor said they were waiting for an interpreter to arrive.....and id best not ask how much he cost....Things like this annoy me!

.....my advisor said they were waiting for an interpreter to arrive.....and I'd best not ask how much he cost....

"So you have enough money to pay for an interpreter to turn up, yet refuse to reimburse legitimate travel expenses in full".....

Or perhaps raise the subject when they refuse to fund any worthwhile training on the grounds of cost - They have just handed you some juicy ammunition. Use it to take a few well aimed pot-shots when the time comes. :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I was at ingeus today (oh joys) 2 guys turned up same time as me, also for ingeus. one was there for a course. now this guy didn't speak A WORD of english. my advisor said he has been signing on for almost 4 yrs and couldn't even say hello in english, how does this work, i mean how can he be looking for work??? i mean how does he fill in his book for JCP if he doesn't speak or read english.....my advisor said they were waiting for an interpreter to arrive.....and id best not ask how much he cost....Things like this annoy me!

Basically, claimants are required to demonstrate that they're looking for work, but there's no law that says their diary must be written in English. Obviously not speaking English is a serious barrier to gaining work in this country, but the ability to speak English is not a requirement of JSA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

"So you have enough money to pay for an interpreter to turn up, yet refuse to reimburse legitimate travel expenses in full".....

Or perhaps raise the subject when they refuse to fund any worthwhile training on the grounds of cost - They have just handed you some juicy ammunition. Use it to take a few well aimed pot-shots when the time comes. :wink:

Dont worry i mentioned the travel expenses thing, and he just shrugged his shoulders lol

My next appointment is my last one at ingeus, other wise i would be moaning at them.

Basically, claimants are required to demonstrate that they're looking for work, but there's no law that says their diary must be written in English. Obviously not speaking English is a serious barrier to gaining work in this country, but the ability to speak English is not a requirement of JSA.

Bloody stupid if you ask me, how can he look for jobs on net and fill in application forms if he cant read or write in english.

Things like make my blood boil!!!! :mad2::mad2:

Bloody stupid if you ask me, how can he look for jobs on net and fill in application forms if he cant read or write in english.

Things like make my blood boil!!!! :mad2::mad2:

I think there are new rules requiring people to learn English if necessary while they claim, but they're not required to starve or resort to crime while they do so. As I said, not speaking English is a barrier, but what can we do? There's no law that requires residents or citizens of the UK to speak English, and nor should there be.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well I have my truly pointless INGEUS appt at 13.30 tomorrow - I have a feeling it could be an interesting one as I have not seen my 'adviser' for 5 weeks now due to their sickness and annual leave. No doubt me not gaining any interviews or getting any feedback will be MY FAULT as usual.

I think there are new rules requiring people to learn English if necessary while they claim, but they're not required to starve or resort to crime while they do so. As I said, not speaking English is a barrier, but what can we do? There's no law that requires residents or citizens of the UK to speak English, and nor should there be.

Well I disagree their should be, holidays are different, but if you.move to another country, you should make the effort language wise.

Well I disagree their should be, holidays are different, but if you.move to another country, you should make the effort language wise.

I agree that people probably should make the effort to learn English - apart from anything else, it's in their own best interests to do so. And indeed, new rules seem to require those who can't speak English to learn as a condition of receiving JSA. But the UK has no official language, and it's not up to the government to tell people how they should communicate.

So from the point of view of making someone more likely to find work, yes, learning English would be a sensible thing to do. People seeking ILR or naturalisation also need to demonstrate a basic ability to speak English. But a law requiring everyone in this country to learn English? No.

Well I am back from my appointment with my 'adviser' and this is the first time I have genuinely felt angry with their attitude. Before I see INGEUS I sign on with my old adviser at the INGEUS offices in another room and he is great, we get on well and he encourages me to keep going as I will eventually be rewarded.

Anyway, I finish with JCP man and see my 'adviser' at INGEUS - the appointment lasts 7 minutes in total and goes along the lines of:

Adviser "How are you getting on?"

Me "Applying away, no luck, got to keep plodding along"

Adviser "I find it surprising you are getting no replies"

Me "I'm not, the same 'jobs' are listed constantly and probably fake, filled internally or just a way of getting details from people"

Adviser "what makes you sau that?"

Me " Well I done a field test and produced this for you (handed over list of 10 jobs) and out of those 10 5 were filled internally and 3 did not know anything about the job leaving 2 which won't reply to my follow up emails"

Adviser "Oh, OK, well try and diversify the sites you use"

Me "I use CVL, Reed, Indeed, Monster, Total Jobs, Career Builder, Jobsite"

Adviser "Oh, that is quite a lot - that is good, but remember you are on JSA so you need to up your applications on all sites as that is your job"

Me "I can do that but they won't be proper applications as a well thought out application taking in to consideration reading JD, PS, doing app form, emailing etc takes around 4-5 hours - with my voluntary work I do a 36 hour week leaving 22 hours for job searching so that is around 4-5 applications"

Adviser "That is not really enough"

Me "Well I can do 15-20 applications with not much thought or 4-5 with effort put in, I cannot job search 8 hours a day and I have my other work which keeps me busy and my skills and references up to date"

Adviser "Ok well you do what you feel is best"

Me "Are you going to tell me if I only do 5 you will raise a sanction doubt?"

Adviser "No"

Me "OK"

Adviser "See you in 2 weeks"

Me "Bye"

Great support and attitude, thank god it is 5-10 mins every 2 weeks - what a pointless pathetic organisation

I agree that people probably should make the effort to learn English - apart from anything else, it's in their own best interests to do so. And indeed, new rules seem to require those who can't speak English to learn as a condition of receiving JSA. But the UK has no official language, and it's not up to the government to tell people how they should communicate.

So from the point of view of making someone more likely to find work, yes, learning English would be a sensible thing to do. People seeking ILR or naturalisation also need to demonstrate a basic ability to speak English. But a law requiring everyone in this country to learn English? No.

Its amazing how every nationality which comes to the UK to live, understands the word BENEFITS in english.

Its amazing how every nationality which comes to the UK to live, understands the word BENEFITS in english.

It's not particularly easy for most immigrants to claim benefits. Those without ILR are normally disqualified, although there are somewhat different rules for EU citizens. That's because of reciprocity - UK citizens can often claim benefits in other EU countries.

When I had to claim JSA it was tricky, because my wife is an immigrant and until she got her ILR she wasn't entitled to means tested benefits at all. Of course, most people don't really think of her as an "immigrant" because she's white and English is her native language (she's a dual US/Canadian citizen) but even so, no benefits until she'd been here for over two years and paid around £1000 for her residency rights - rights she would not be entitled to at all if she weren't married to me.

So no, people coming here from abroad are not showered with benefits from the day they arrive, and the sooner we dispel this "divide and conquer" myth, the sooner we'll be on our way to social justice in this country.

I could start my argument about JSA claimants not being allowed to go on holiday overseas here based on what has been said but that is not for this thread. All I will say is EU to EU country so EU nationals can claim but we cannot go overseas on holiday, ahem, I mean to search for work overseas whilst claiming our JSA for one week *leaves thread*

I could start my argument about JSA claimants not being allowed to go on holiday overseas here based on what has been said but that is not for this thread. All I will say is EU to EU country so EU nationals can claim but we cannot go overseas on holiday, ahem, I mean to search for work overseas whilst claiming our JSA for one week *leaves thread*

You're welcome to start a new thread on this topic if you like. But the rules on what we can and can't do while on JSA are set by our own government (the one we supposedly voted for) and not by the EU.

Adviser "How are you getting on?"

Me "Applying away, no luck, got to keep plodding along"

Adviser "I find it surprising you are getting no replies"

At which point I would be asking:

"You people claim to be able to tap in to the hidden job market and have exclusive contacts - Where is the tailored and personalised support that you promised to deliver when tendering for this contract ?"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.