Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here are two sites that will tell you everything you need to know chapter and verse about what Work Programme Providers are contracted to do. Not many of their staff will be aware of half of it, if that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-programme-dwp-provider-guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dwp-provider-guidance

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Lw, i'll get stuck in to that. The crap you have to go through, just to keep your sanity. Many get accused of moaning, whinging etc when in reality you have to stick up for yourself, otherwise companies/institutions will get away with what they can. Sadly, many just accept defeat. Like you, i'd help anyone i can within my powers with advice etc.

Due to finish my 2 year sentence with Ingeus in January. Just about to switch to my 3rd pointless advisor, who yesterday informed me that i have someone else next time due to her being moved to 1st year ''clients''. Anyway for the last year and a half ive been signing on and had my advisor apt on the same day at roughly the same time. My 1st 2 advisors were happy to do this rather than come twice. I dont live near the town (Basildon) and im not happy to pay 10 quid a month in bus fares.

I used to sign on then go to ingeus straight afterwards, used to sign at 1.30 and my ingeus appointment was at 2..this happened every other friday for 6 months....it only changed when i got a new advisor....I asked for same deal but was told he wasn't in the local office day i signed on.....wednesday was his day there and i always signed on a friday :-(

Ingeus have had a problem with it, after all its not like she is paying you out of her own pocket.

Only cos she wanted to get a bonus out of you, rather than one of the other advisors getting it :!:

She's originally put me to a sub contractor with 'jet' I emailed asking could I go elsewhere as I already go there and I mentioned I had a trial coming up (I'm stupid I know) when she then referred me back the advisor wasn't her usual miserable snobby self and was pleasant for a change, it baffled me tbh,

Back from signing on and INGEUS today - signing on, 2 mins, INGEUS, 2 mins as there was NOTHING to say or do. Always get my travel paid as well and I drove today and she says "you shouldn't be driving as you are on pain medication for your back" .... I said "thank you Doctor, I will take that on board" I don't think she took it the way it was supposed to come across ... I then left. Back again in 2 weeks but some poxy course on 7th July and again on 23rd July (travel paid of course) Oh, and I have completed my 2 week job search already by doing 15 applications on CV Library via one click applications - just got to note them down on diary and I am free for 2 weeks - play the game people, play the game!

I think these advisers need reminding that we're not living in the 1940s and applying for jobs as BBC radio announcers. (For the young 'uns among us, back in those days announcers of both sexes had to wear formal evening dress even though they were on the radio, such was the standards of the BBC at the time).

I suggest from now on we do all telephone interviews naked. (Though not from public call boxes, obviously).

When it gets really hot (as predicted in July/August) we should all have a national WP day where we all turn up at our WP appointments dressed up in fancy dress. After all you cannot be discriminated against for this, can you?! I buggsy the mankini!

Your timetable of signing and apt sounds similar to mine Charlotte...except i was about 10 yards away from the advisors desk whilst signing. (Only just realised that not every Ingeus minion/slave signs on at Ingeus as well as their apt - like i do. See i would sort of accept what the problem you had/have (no offence), but even then why would someone have every/every other friday off...weird.! The issue that ingeus jobsworth has - is she likes to micromanage, which usually means someone dosnt get on with many of their colleagues so they act as ****ty as possible. Bit like the brummy woman with glasses in that job centre comedy, if you've ever seen it. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.:-)

While I was at Ingeus I just signed on as normal every fortnight at the JC, which was only 50 yards away from Ingeus. On the rare days I had to sign on and go to Ingeus the same day I just claimed my expense money off Ingeus.

As far as I was concerned, the fact it was my normal signing day made no difference; Ingeus had asked me to come in that day so they should pay my expenses. Never had any argument off them - about the only thing Ingeus did without problem was paying expenses, couldn't fault them on that.

Oh, and I have completed my 2 week job search already by doing 15 applications on CV Library via one click applications - just got to note them down on diary and I am free for 2 weeks - play the game people, play the game!

How come you're not applying for proper jobs, if you can drive you can sit at a pc.......as being on here proves.

Erm, I was via a JSA28 until yesterday, it did not mean I could not sit on a laptop and be bed ridden as back problems you have to keep moving as much as you can plus I had various JCP amd INGEUS appointments in this period and the first 7 days of having the problem I could barely walk let alone drive or get on buses to go to that cess pit.

As for applying for proper jobs, been doing that for over a year and look where it has got me, applying for jobs I really did want and spending 4 hours on it and then being told the next day the post had been filled when advertised as 'new - posted in last 3 days' etc. I am sick of it now, there are few REAL jobs, I AM NOT doing temp pr zero contract or working for minimum wage - that is not a dig at people that do but for my experience I won't do it and be controlled by some idiot that I am probably far for experienced and qualified than.

Regarding minimum wage, its a tricky one in that, job centre/ingeus see people accepting 15p an hour but a lot of these people have partners and/ or making dubious monies elsewhere no doubt. As ive eluded to on here this week, ingeus advisers dont read off the same hymn sheet and you can get a right jobsworth bell or a decent reasonable advisor, who just wants to get through their boring day and clock off at 5 with no extra worthless hassle incorporated in to their shift that they themselves have created. Its very difficult to go for a job thats going to make you worse off, as well as having to work with people who have little or no social skills. I think i'd rather be homeless than work for someone who talks to me like s it. I know i'd walk out or do something thats not advantageous to the other person who had annoyed me. Have had an interview confirmed this week for a new store in Basildon. Two slight worries are, one that the details were e mailed to me by a minion at the dwp and the other is that if it is for a sales associate (checkout or shop floor bod) on the ad (upon deeper research on google). Ingeus girl last week at time off application filling, said ''i'd ask if they have any management positions.'' Wondering if it they will put me up for execution if they offer me minimum wage for non management job and then i refuse.? I do remain positive despite this worry.!

Point being is though, if you have to sign on thats how it is, but its pretty ridiculous to come in on different days when you dont live near by, and on your advisor day you cant use it to put your signature on a scrap of paper. To many people accept that they have to come on different days. We're supposed to be helped when we're out of work and not have unnecessary obstacles for added stress.

I sign on and have my Ingeus appt at the same time every fortnight - usually sign on at 1.30 and Ingeus at 2.00 so in that respect I am lucky.

Next week I have a workshop to attend 'How to answer interview questions' I think I may be riling them up within 5 minutes with:

- I have been interviewed many times AND ALSO interviewed people

- All interviews, depending on sector and position differ in terms of questions, presentations and what you may be asked

- This 'workshop' is pointless as I am in a group with people in differing sectors of variable levels of experience

"Mr/Mrs trainer - please tell me how this workshop is benefiting me?"

Good that you have your apt and signing at the same time, but surely that is because your advisor is booking that to make it easier for you. Not a coincidence.? Looking forward to next week, when i turn up to see my ''new'' advisor at the same time as signing on (booked by jobsworth advisor who i had for 1 week only) and seeing if he is as up his own a se as her by saying ''sorry we cant refund you because its your signing day''. Taking my last bus ticket in to get that refunded and if it dosnt get done along with that days ticket, i will create a new hell lol.:madgrin:

Next week I have a workshop to attend 'How to answer interview questions' I think I may be riling them up within 5 minutes with:

"Mr/Mrs trainer - please tell me how this workshop is benefiting me?"

Might I suggest a couple more questions:

"What qualifications do you have that enables you to call yourself a trainer ?"

"What experience do you have of interviews from either side of the table that is relevant to all that are here ?"

:madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

In other words, if they've agreed a time and a day for your advisor apt, its none of their business whatever else your day consists of - including signing on. Regarding the workshop, its in the play the game category and bite your tongue just to get your money. I've interviewed people and also switched on my pc to do a job search on the internet at home, but your ingeus advisor has mystical powers when he or she scours job land.

Hi guys, I would urgently appreciate any advice on a matter regarding these 'clowns' Ingeus. I'll try to keep it short, as I'm sure you're all well aware of the tactics 'deployed' by said clowns.

So, once again, I received a 'missed appointment' letter from Ingeus last week stating that I had missed said appointment, and therefore, would now be reported to the DWP to be sanctioned?! The problem here is folks, once again, I DIDN'T miss said 'appointment' as I hadn't received any confirmation (via mail/text) of any appointment to begin with?! This is now the third or fourth time this has happened with Ingeus, and quite frankly, is getting tiresome.

I already have a previous appeal going on a 4 week sanction for the exact same 'stunt' Ingeus pulled a couple of months back (have yet to receive a 'call back' from the DWP, btw) and am now terrified of the 'dreaded' 13 week sanction?! These people have no souls.

I reported all this back to my adviser at the Job Center and all she could do was advise that I ask to see the manager of my local Ingeus, which I am currently doing, but that doesn't help with the bigger issue here of the now 'impending' sanction I'm facing?

To be honest, Ingeus have actually hindered me in my efforts to find work for over a year now, and have now handed me this steaming t**d for dessert?

I wrote a strongly worded email to my adviser communicating my frustration at the fact that this had happened, yet again, and received what can only be described as a 2 fingered response!

Any help/advice would be greatly appriciated as it looks like I'm going to get stuffed by the very people that essentially are supposed to be working for/with us. Thanks.

Do not rely on receiving email/text notifications (or reminders) - email can be unreliable, especially if you set up aggressive antispam measures.

About the only way of ensuring that you receive properly mandated appointments is to demand that all letters are handed to you personally. Mandatory appointments notified by way of email or text does not comply with DWP guidance, and if they are failing to post the letters out to you in good time, their process needs changing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Agree with Mr P - INGEUS have templates set up for letters (I have seen them) so when I finish my appointment my adviser *laughs* hands me the next one and I put the date and time in my diary as well - saves any aggro. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT rely on email or texts as confirmations - INSIST you get a formal letter on headed paper signed with a signature NOT a photocopy