Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Regarding my own experience, I had my first meeting Friday.

The adviser was about fifteen minites late but I kind of expected that.

The adviser was very polite, very kind, very warm as you would expect. I was the same back and we zipped through the tick the boxes segment.

A small chat about what kind of job I'm looking for, when I expect to find work ( I said hopefully any day, they said to be more specific! I ended up just saying " I don't know, a day, two days , a week? You can't predict these things" So they settled on a week and wrote it down that I expected to find work within a week!).

They then questioned me about my CV, I did actualy bring a copy but since they never asked I never showed them. I said I had no problem with it, it had been modified over the year by various centres and any employer I had sent it to had never had a problem with it's design. It might probably be too over the top, if any thing. Anyway, my next meeting will concern my CV so I'm expecting to be sent on some mandatory CV session some time soon just so it looks like they're doing something. They even said they " I should send my CV to them over email but they wont have time to look over it until I come back".

When asked to sign the papers, I declined. They were a little stunned. His eyes nearly popped out and there was a small silence in the room. Awkward. However, I stuck to my guns and to be fair, the adviser accepted my choice without too much prompting and was really respectful, although they reminded me I had to accept any mandatory invitations they might send out to me.

All in all, very bizarre but I know I'm in for it on my next visit, but God wiling, I might find a job before then.

A polite, warm adviser? Alright for some lol, I remember my 1st appointment I would see advisers introducing themselves by shaking clients hands and I thought 'that's a nice touch from them' then when I was called out I got up and said hi nice to meet you and smiled as I walked over to her, and she just stared at me blankly and said 'do you want to come through' and power walked away to her desk for me to tag a long, I thought 'looks like iv got mrs ingeus' lol

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding my own experience, I had my first meeting Friday.

The adviser was about fifteen minites late but I kind of expected that.

The adviser was very polite, very kind, very warm as you would expect. I was the same back and we zipped through the tick the boxes segment.

A small chat about what kind of job I'm looking for, when I expect to find work ( I said hopefully any day, they said to be more specific! I ended up just saying " I don't know, a day, two days , a week? You can't predict these things" So they settled on a week and wrote it down that I expected to find work within a week!).

They then questioned me about my CV, I did actualy bring a copy but since they never asked I never showed them. I said I had no problem with it, it had been modified over the year by various centres and any employer I had sent it to had never had a problem with it's design. It might probably be too over the top, if any thing. Anyway, my next meeting will concern my CV so I'm expecting to be sent on some mandatory CV session some time soon just so it looks like they're doing something. They even said they " I should send my CV to them over email but they wont have time to look over it until I come back".

When asked to sign the papers, I declined. They were a little stunned. His eyes nearly popped out and there was a small silence in the room. Awkward. However, I stuck to my guns and to be fair, the adviser accepted my choice without too much prompting and was really respectful, although they reminded me I had to accept any mandatory invitations they might send out to me.

All in all, very bizarre but I know I'm in for it on my next visit, but God wiling, I might find a job before then.

Must be pretty much a standard first time appointment because I had an almost identical experience today. Only my advisor was 5 minutes late, rather than 15.

@antone: I don't offend easily, but people disappoint me sometimes. And whilst I'll go elsewhere - I still have a voice

@raeuk: I'm not a WUM, apologies to anyone who felt so

@dyfed: Right wing, left wing - I care not for any of it. I'm just interested in helping people get jobs.

@Mr. P: Very much the voice of reason. Your comments are spot on, especially about the worthless training. May be I should have tried it that way first. (And the Govt excluded local schemes purely by the onerous contractual terms placed on being a contractor, therefore, only the multi-nationals could afford the upfront costs).

And for any that dismissed my opinions in the manner that you so despise Ingeus doing it. I forgive you.

So tell me what magic trick will you use to get 3 million unemployed into the hundred thousand or so jobs that are available?

Hi guys - I'm back!

Yesterday p*ssed me off immensely, I'm sure you felt the same. So I re-read my original & subsequent posts and reflected on them. My bad & I apologise to any offended. Perhaps when arriving at a quiet party the best approach is not to kick the door down, spray lager everywhere and turn the music up. It's difficult for me to restrain my passion on helping people get into work (and I don't mean job search).

As for me FWIW, I'm a raving capitalist with a huge social heart (if that's possible). Profit has always been my king in any business I've run, but only so I could keep the bosses off my back whilst I used plenty of that profit uplift to make the work environment the best I could for the team. Inevitably, every boss got silly and punch drunk on what my units could deliver & I got shafted with targets. That meant significantly altering the standard of living/enjoyment of my people - I'd never put my name to that, so I always sought new horizons.

My journey has brought me to working/training/motivating unemployed people back into employment. Your experience is of the work programme but the greatest tragedy is the raging inefficiencies in funded training. Which as Mr.P pointed out, are often worthless to the client. The training provider on the other hand will collect over £1,200 for some "training." (e.g. 3wks 16-18yrs). Put 15 people in a room and do your maths on the margins they make.

That market is about qualifications, regardless of how/if it helps the client get a job. The WP is the right way to do it - payment on outcomes but the application & delivery has just been beyond awful, but I don't need to go into that as you all know.

So @Dyfed, what's the magic trick? It is job creation. If you make training delivery financially efficient, target the training at specific jobs/industries so people can elect to train for a job they want and create enterprises that help people get work experience (paid or unpaid depending on the needs of the client).

That is more than possible, and that is what I do. The lavishly funded colleges don't want to play that game though, after all, they'd want to protect their fat margins. So my goal is to disrupt their "offer" of training for qualifications and replace it with training for jobs.

There's some great material here: theworkfoundation.com/Reports (

I do suggest the greatest urgency you can afford in securing employment though. I did a study in 2007 & the outcome pointed to a significant deterioration in economic activity in late summer/early autumn 2013. I dismissed it, disbelieving that govts would bet the farm on propping up financial institutions as they did. They are now up to their credit card limit and have to cut their cloth. I might be wrong, but looking with my eyes rather than reading the media - I don't think I'm going to be proved wrong albeit the timing may be slightly off.

On the back of all my assumptions, I came here to try to help you do whatever it takes to remove the influence your WP provider has on your lives. And I don't have a political persuasion, every govt since the 70's has had a hand in the situation we now find ourselves in and none have solved the structural problem of unemployment.

Don't know whether I've explained myself better there, whether it was needed or wanted. But there it is.

Good luck all with whatever you do & help yourself, because those that are paid to help, invariably don't.

So tell me what magic trick will you use to get 3 million unemployed into the hundred thousand or so jobs that are available?

Those are are naively defensive of the Welfare To Work Sector tend not to think things through - the Field of Dreams Methodology dominates their thinking. "If We build a Welfare To Work Sector, Jobs will come, and the unemployed will miraculously secure sustainable employment".

Quite pathetic - I blame the parents for installing within their offspring a contempt for Objective and Critical Thinking.

Hi guys - I'm back!

Yesterday p*ssed me off immensely, I'm sure you felt the same. So I re-read my original & subsequent posts and reflected on them. My bad & I apologise to any offended. Perhaps when arriving at a quiet party the best approach is not to kick the door down, spray lager everywhere and turn the music up. It's difficult for me to restrain my passion on helping people get into work (and I don't mean job search).

As for me FWIW, I'm a raving capitalist with a huge social heart (if that's possible). Profit has always been my king in any business I've run, but only so I could keep the bosses off my back whilst I used plenty of that profit uplift to make the work environment the best I could for the team. Inevitably, every boss got silly and punch drunk on what my units could deliver & I got shafted with targets. That meant significantly altering the standard of living/enjoyment of my people - I'd never put my name to that, so I always sought new horizons.

My journey has brought me to working/training/motivating unemployed people back into employment. Your experience is of the work programme but the greatest tragedy is the raging inefficiencies in funded training. Which as Mr.P pointed out, are often worthless to the client. The training provider on the other hand will collect over £1,200 for some "training." (e.g. 3wks 16-18yrs). Put 15 people in a room and do your maths on the margins they make.

That market is about qualifications, regardless of how/if it helps the client get a job. The WP is the right way to do it - payment on outcomes but the application & delivery has just been beyond awful, but I don't need to go into that as you all know.

So @Dyfed, what's the magic trick? It is job creation. If you make training delivery financially efficient, target the training at specific jobs/industries so people can elect to train for a job they want and create enterprises that help people get work experience (paid or unpaid depending on the needs of the client).

That is more than possible, and that is what I do. The lavishly funded colleges don't want to play that game though, after all, they'd want to protect their fat margins. So my goal is to disrupt their "offer" of training for qualifications and replace it with training for jobs.

There's some great material here: theworkfoundation.com/Reports (

I do suggest the greatest urgency you can afford in securing employment though. I did a study in 2007 & the outcome pointed to a significant deterioration in economic activity in late summer/early autumn 2013. I dismissed it, disbelieving that govts would bet the farm on propping up financial institutions as they did. They are now up to their credit card limit and have to cut their cloth. I might be wrong, but looking with my eyes rather than reading the media - I don't think I'm going to be proved wrong albeit the timing may be slightly off.

On the back of all my assumptions, I came here to try to help you do whatever it takes to remove the influence your WP provider has on your lives. And I don't have a political persuasion, every govt since the 70's has had a hand in the situation we now find ourselves in and none have solved the structural problem of unemployment.

Don't know whether I've explained myself better there, whether it was needed or wanted. But there it is.

Good luck all with whatever you do & help yourself, because those that are paid to help, invariably don't.

You're beginning to sound like one of those NLP barmpots.

So the magic trick is job creation! Stone the crows! My gast is well and truly flabbered! A discovery akin to finding the Ark of the Covenant!

Has anyone told the government? Slap a patent on the idea PDQ before Cameron claims ownership.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Well Guys/Gals been on my work programme nearly 2yrs, about 4months ago got a letter through post saying I had to go every Wednesday at 2pm for a 2hr job search for the next 8 weeks, I did that then on my last Wednesday asked what I did next as it was my last date on letter, Advisor told me just to come in every Tuesday at 1pm for a 1hr job search, so I have been doing that for the last two months, today I went in (Tuesday) got there 12:45 receptionist told me I wasn't down on list so she called my advisor he came over and said I wasn't in today, I explained no one told me it had stopped had no letter saying not to come in anymore, was looked at as if it was my fault for not being a mind reader, Advisor then told me I was getting a new advisor (my 8th) in a few weeks time, I said well my two years are nearly up why change advisor now, he replied he was moving to a different section and that when my 2yrs are up the JC are doing a new work programme that means I will be sent out to do work experience for my dole money, he didn't know all the details as the advisors had just been told about it today, So guys/gals it looks like they have found another way to kick us while we are down....working for free, makes me mad as a few years back I did voluntary work and the whole time the JC were on my back to leave there(even though they was a chance of a paying job there in time) which I ended up doing and now look at me.

@helpyourself.

In order for there to be job creation a few things need to be sorted out.

Your capitalist friends need to stop sitting on £billions and invest the money expanding their business thus taking on extra staff.

They also need to pay a decent wage. This will stimulate spending-growth.

Less for the flipping shareholders. Capitalism has gone crazy. Its gone beyond what its meant to. Its not all about profit in £s but profit in people that counts. I myself dont like capitalism at all. Capitalism is another word for greed.

If we are paid more then the government would not have to hand out benefits.

Benefits subsidise employers.

The government need to stop cutting and start spending. House building for example. QE done nothing but let banks invest on the stock market.

Banks are not investing in or lending to SME's. The government failed.

However all said and done we now live in a Corptocracy. So fat chance any government doing anything about it because they dont run this country anymore and are paid for by banks and capitalists.

Those are are naively defensive of the Welfare To Work Sector tend not to think things through - the Field of Dreams Methodology dominates their thinking. "If We build a Welfare To Work Sector, Jobs will come, and the unemployed will miraculously secure sustainable employment".

Quite pathetic - I blame the parents for installing within their offspring a contempt for Objective and Critical Thinking.

Say what?

I dont know if youre agreeing or having a go at me but the facts speak for themselves.

Aint my fault there are a lack of jobs out there.

First meeting was a group session where the tutor knew some others who'd been at a different drone and asked me if I had ever been sanctioned which was a invasive question to put it mildly, it showed the way things were headed

my adviser had loads of big ideas but no follow through, faked it like he was my best friend and then never spoken to me or acknowledged me once I was stuck with an idiot lady, he did after nearly a year and it was obvious he didn't want to

got stuck with rewriting my cv and then I was supposed to think they had reasons for everything according to the same one who done the intro session, the tutor said he didn't believe me when I said it was a different tutor's idea so I took that to be effectively getting called a liar, he could have used the phone to talk to her though but he was to lazy and unprofessional

been through 7 advisers and nearly free

Edited by citizenB
Forgot stuff

Say what?

I dont know if youre agreeing or having a go at me but the facts speak for themselves.

Aint my fault there are a lack of jobs out there.

I didn't read it as an attack on you, I think she was complaining about the politicians, WtW providers and so on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

What's a WUM?

As someone who was singled out for particular attention in *the post* I say this in response, this thread is about self respect; refusing to let yourself be brought down by the unacceptable behaviour of others. And certainly not about starting to behave like them.

One of my favourite quotes is: 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'

But sometimes we all need a helping hand and thankfully others are often happy to give it, and later on you can become the helper.

I started this thread (what seems like a very a long time ago now) because my very first appointment with ingeus left me feeling like a tearful nervous wreck, and seeking help online I could find nothing specific to Ingeus out there.

Today the 'advisor' would get some softly spoken advice about the unacceptability of bullying. Followed by the appropriate remedial action if they persisted.

It's called empowerment.

• Haha 1

As for me FWIW, I'm a raving capitalist with a huge social heart (if that's possible).

Sounds like a paradox along the same lines as a "compassionate Conservative". Okay, I admit back in the Victorian era there were a number of entrepreneurs who did improve the standards of living for their workforce by building good housing and improving working conditions etc. But since the 1980s and the rise of neoliberalism, those at the top have seen their wealth increase by a staggering amount, and those at the bottom have seen their wages stagnate. Like I pointed out in a previous post, unemployment is used as a means to create greater competition for jobs, meaning people will accept a lesser wage in order to find employment. This leads to a race-to-the-bottom for wages, while improving the profit-margins for big business. So as long as neoliberalism remains the dominant ideology, the structural problem of unemployment will never go away.

dyfed raises some good points which I agree with. There is money out there, but it is now accumulated in so few greedy hands, the likes of us have to suffer the pain of cuts to public services and benefits, while their wealth continues to grow. Job creation, coupled with paying a proper living wage is what people want, but this is never going to happen. Paying a living wage would also take families out of benefits, reducing the welfare budget as a result.

At least you dropped the tone anyway, and offered a reasonable response. I do find it rather unrealistic however. You can't just "motivate" people back into work by offering training. What will they get out of it at the end? Will they be assured of anything? I personally believe that a lot more can be achieved if proper training were given, leading to a job where a living wage was paid, a proper contract offered (no temps, no agencies, no zero hour contracts) and the needs of workers put above maximising profits.

If you did genuinely come here to remove the influence that WP providers have on people, you did a poor job in doing so. You haven't offered any more advice than people you originally slated for hating on Ingeus.

@dyfed - I'm sure the post from Rebecca was not an attack on you. She was pointing out that those most defensive of welfare-to-work programmes genuinely (and falsely) believe that such a scheme can miraculously create jobs. Whereas in reality, this is false.

Anyone experienced this. I just logged on to the Ingeus works jobsite to find my advisor name had changed! I've not been informed of my change of advisor and my lady advisor emailed to change my appointment on Wednesday from tomorrow to Tuesday due wanting to take some leave (long weekend). I've emailed the new advisor on the Ingeus website and as yet no response. Now left wondering will my appointment be on Tuesday. I'm due to finish on the 4th July with Ingeus.

I've just had a four week course at Ingeus, and something happened that really ****ed me off.

The course, to my suprise was alright. The instructor had a sense of humor and actually wanted to help people get back into work, it was well structured even if I don't need the content it's a good excuse to get out the house and socialize, gaining a routine, however.

At the start of the course I was informed that I didn't have to attend an Ingeus appointment as long as I was on the course, I received an appointment for the 29th and informed reception on the 28th that I was on this course and therefor wouldn't be able to make the appointment. An email was sent from reception to the advisor and I was once again told that I didn't have to attend, if the advisor wanted to have a quick chat she could catch me during a break time.

Today, I received postage from the DWP, informing me that a doubt has been raised because I didn't attend Ingeus on the 29th. I was on an ingeus course in the ingeus building on that day, so the MAN of attending Ingeus was met, however the advisor did not come to see me and I continued on with the course as instructed by two ingeus employees.

I've just had a four week course at Ingeus, and something happened that really ****ed me off.

The course, to my suprise was alright. The instructor had a sense of humor and actually wanted to help people get back into work, it was well structured even if I don't need the content it's a good excuse to get out the house and socialize, gaining a routine, however.

At the start of the course I was informed that I didn't have to attend an Ingeus appointment as long as I was on the course, I received an appointment for the 29th and informed reception on the 28th that I was on this course and therefor wouldn't be able to make the appointment. An email was sent from reception to the advisor and I was once again told that I didn't have to attend, if the advisor wanted to have a quick chat she could catch me during a break time.

Today, I received postage from the DWP, informing me that a doubt has been raised because I didn't attend Ingeus on the 29th. I was on an ingeus course in the ingeus building on that day, so the MAN of attending Ingeus was met, however the advisor did not come to see me and I continued on with the course as instructed by two ingeus employees.

Typical Ingeus cock up I'm afraid. This happens a lot! Of course you shouldn't be sanctioned - but why should you have to defend yourself against the consequences of their incompetence.

Write a letter to Ingeus explaining that you were there and on a mandatory course.

The sanction doubt should not go any further.

I bet a pound to a penny that you don't get an apology nor even notification that the doubt has been cancelled.

I know it won't help on this occasion but in future if you have any changes made to appointments insist they set out the change in writing and sign it. I would go so far as making a special trip into their office to get this. You simply cannot trust them to update their systems as this man found out.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Post-helps-job-hunter-win-appeal/story-19155342-detail/story.html#axzz2VY0FkiCO

Unfortunately unless recorded verbal exchanges or even email between third parties count for nothing

Although I don't think you will have any difficulty putting this right; just make sure you complain about all parties concerned.

I know it won't help on this occasion but in future if you have any changes made to appointments insist they set out the change in writing and sign it. I would go so far as making a special trip into their office to get this. You simply cannot trust them to update their systems as this man found out.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Post-helps-job-hunter-win-appeal/story-19155342-detail/story.html#axzz2VY0FkiCO

Unfortunately unless recorded verbal exchanges or even email between third parties count for nothing

Although I don't think you will have any difficulty putting this right; just make sure you complain about all parties concerned.

Considering I was on a mandatory course at ingeus that ingeus put me on, there shouldn't be a problem to solve it.

Considering I was on a mandatory course at ingeus that ingeus put me on, there shouldn't be a problem to solve it.

Don't count on it! Ingeus expect you to be in two places at once.

The point here is that you have been threatened with the denial of your income through the incompetence of the drone. You have had to go out of your way to correct their error. Don't expect an apology.

Edited by citizenB