NRAM - Shocking Conversation with NRAM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After receiving a mortgage statement yesterday, and having a very rare 10mins spare I decided to read and digest my mortgage statement. I noticed that my balance from month to month was increasing, not massively but still increasing. I am on a variable rate and interest only; I have not taken any payment holidays so could not think of a logical reason why this was. So I called them! I was advised that I was not paying enough towards my mortgage on a monthly basis, and my payments were not enough to cover the interest being applied. I was under paying by £11 per month, but they were happy for me to pay under hence why I had never been advised of this. After advising the operator of the basic principles of a mortgage and advising them that it was not responsible lending I asked the question "Why have I never been advised of this?" the response was "well we have been sending you statements, and its not something that we do" I wonder how many other people there are out there who are under paying on their mortgages ever so slightly, and their mortgage balance is increasing month on month. I dread to think how much extra I would have paid over the term of the mortgage had I not made that call. Now I know that Northern Rock have a massive debt to re-pay but this situation is just crazy. I lodged a formal complaint and am waiting to hear.

• 2 months later...

Just curious to know if you ever had a response to the complaint?

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

• 3 months later...

HI Mu Mu,

Can you update on this, even if it's to say you resolved it and are now happy.

Thanks, Slick

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)