ShadowS and a searchlight 'speculative invoice'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps, I just recently received a 'Parking Contravention Charge Notice' courtesy of Searchlight Security & Parking Solutions at Lamorna Cove. I went to the shop with my GF to get change an by the time I got back the bafoon in the white volvo estate had stuck a ticket on my car. I have taken pictures of the car he was hiding away in and I am thoroughly ,,,,,that they can get away with with this, there was litterally 10mins time allocation on the notice. I will nerver return to Lamorna for this simple reason.

I have no intentions of paying the 'invoice' and was wondering if anyone else had had any more contact with these ,,,, bags?

Edited by ShadowS

ignore like the rest of 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Interesting... The guy who owns Lamorna Cafe als has something to do with Lizard Cafe, the 2 car parks are also connected to the cafe's... cooincidence that both car parks are managed by Searchlight Security & Parking Solutions?

If you read page 22 of the DVLA document: Giving People Information From Our Vehicle Record (MIS546). It states that for any private car park enforcement companies to obtain your address and name from the DVLA they need to provide their Companies House number... well a quick search on companies house database reveals that they arent on there!! Hence most people who havent appealed or made any kind of contact wont receive any further communication from SSPS. These people need to be brought down... Hiding behind a PO box wont stop them being put under the spotlight. Just as well their 2 bob rent a scums give away more than they should!

I cannot stress strongly enough the advice from the forum. I have made no contact with SSPS since recieving the penalty notice and have not hads any contact from them.

If I had not searched the web and found the consumer action group I would of paid the penalty.

DON'T PAY THEM OR CONTACT THEM

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see Watchdog last night, Searchlight was investigated and the only thing Watchdog found wrong with the company was it didn't display a physical address on its sign board and it used the word "fine" on the website, that was it, as far as Watchdog were concerned they were the only 2 issues with Searchlight, im very concerned now as everyone's advice on here has been to ignore all correspondence, which ive done and now have a big stack of paper with the latest demanded over £450. Everyone on here has been saying ignore the ticket as they cant legally give you one, surely Watchdog would have picked up on it also at the end of the programme Watchdog said Searchlight had amended the problems therefore abiding by all the rules legally?

Bob

they are speculative invoices

if you wanna pay

you pay bob

simple really but you dont have too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there. I think dx is right. If it's not a fine it's a speculative invoice if I've understood this forum right.

Have you seen the previous Watchdog video clip with the lawyer using such an invoice as a paper airplane?

You don't work for a PPC do you, if you're so keen to pay? Because the guys really try to help victims here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Watchdog was on last night if you search Watchdog on BBC iplayer you will find it and im not keen to pay just concerned after seeing Watchdog and them not saying the same as the advice ive been given on here.

Watchdog did not advise paying though! they will not categorically advocate ignoring the invoice (begging letter) as that might leave them open to criticism about giving legal advice (remember the PPCs do have put up job court cases where one of their minions deliberately does not contest or loses a case so that the PPC can claim to have won a court case)

Where a PPC has been foolish enough to try their luck in court against a properly defended case they tend to lose, that is why they will not take up the Pepipoo challenge and that is why they rely on pathetic threats and brightly coloured pretend solicitors letters to try and scare you into parting with your hard earned when you do not need to, their invoices remain unenforcible and totally ignorable, do not fall for the BS they try on, DO NOT PAY

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

Ok thanks for the advice ill keep you updated if anything happens

Bob

You'll probably get some scary-looking letters, but if you start to waver, come back here and we'll give you a pep talk. Keep your money.

My best, HB

Copy and pasted the following into Google: bbc watch dog searchlight security and parking solutions

Well worth a read... I believe its a summary of the recent TV broadcast.

Has anyone else been contacted through this forum by someone claiming to be from BBC Watchdog?

Copy and pasted the following into Google: bbc watch dog searchlight security and parking solutions

Well worth a read... I believe its a summary of the recent TV broadcast.

Has anyone else been contacted through this forum by someone claiming to be from BBC Watchdog?

Hello there. Have you told the site team about this so they can check it out?

My best, HB

• 1 month later...

Hiya, I see you have also been victim to the Searchlight people Milly Molly, did you receive and "Notice to owner final reminder" letters asking for ££ from Parking Collection Services?

Although I have ignored the 'parking contrevention Charge Notice', these letters look a tad bit more serious and professional...

Hope to hear back from someone...

Kind regards

ShadowS

Hiya, I see you have also been victim to the Searchlight people Milly Molly, did you receive and "Notice to owner final reminder" letters asking for ££ from Parking Collection Services?

Although I have ignored the 'parking contrevention Charge Notice', these letters look a tad bit more serious and professional...

Hope to hear back from someone...

Kind regards

ShadowS

It's not serious at all. It's just part of the hollow and meaningless threats that can be ignored.

It's not serious at all. It's just part of the hollow and meaningless threats that can be ignored.

So isnt Parking Collections Services (trading name of Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) a legit company who would have bought the debt with a view to recover it? Im concerned these could escalate to a point where bailiffs are assigned and people start knocking on doors?

How do we know that Searchlight arent coaxing people into not paying the tickets so they wind up making more money in the long run?

And yes Im suggessting that searchlight are on this very forum rubbing their hands together...? Just putting it out there. I am genuinely concerned and unsure whether I should just pay the ticket to avoid and future problems. Im tempted to speak to a solicitor, has anyone done this already?

And yes Im suggessting that searchlight are on this very forum rubbing their hands together...? Just putting it out there. I am genuinely concerned and unsure whether I should just pay the ticket to avoid and future problems. Im tempted to speak to a solicitor, has anyone done this already?

What MORE do you need to be told!

IGNORE (or pay it) It's your choice!

So isnt Parking Collections Services (trading name of Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) a legit company who would have bought the debt with a view to recover it? Im concerned these could escalate to a point where bailiffs are assigned and people start knocking on doors?

How do we know that Searchlight arent coaxing people into not paying the tickets so they wind up making more money in the long run?

It doesn't work like that. For bailiffs to come on the scene the case has to go to court ( very unlikely) you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. Please don't confuse powerless debt collectors with proper bailiffs

Hello. Why would you want to pay a solicitor when the guys here have a wealth of experience in guiding people through problems like this? You could save your hard-earned cash and then donate 10% of what it would have cost to this forum. [Not my idea, sorry to whoever it was that I don't remember their name.]

My best, HB

Right... Im just concerned to be fair. But I do understand that I havent entered any contract with these people...

So the debt collectors have no more powers than the ticket issuers? So it would be the debt recovery company that would take this to court?

Should I now request a copy of their application of info from the DVLA using the v888/2 form?

HB have you had a ticket from Searchlight? Ifso at what stage is their correspondance with you?

No, I haven't had a ticket from Searchlight, but I've been around this forum long enough to see how things work. If I do have the same problem, I shall be straight onto this forum to ask the guys for help, because they know what they're doing.

May I suggest you have a read around the forum about parking companies and debt collectors, because as I understand it, they have very few powers. It's not like bailiffs.

I would advise you not to enter into correspondence until someone here tells you it's a good idea. Usually, it just provokes more correspondence because they think you're daft enough to think you might owe them money.

Maybe someone could post the Watchdog clip with the solicitor and the parking ticket please guys?

My best, HB

Okay, I hear what you are saying, do you suggest that I can send scans of the received correspondance to someone on here for them to have a look at? I would be interested to see what other people have received and at what point people have stopped receiving communication and more importantly has anyone actually had there situation escalateto more than just pieces of paper?