me and my benefits

Feebee_71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Job Grant is available to people on any type of JSA or ESA. Not so sure about HBRO, since obviously those claiming HB while on cont-based benefits are doing so on different terms.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys - I can understand why it's easy to get different answers to the run on questions as even my senior advisor says it's only available after 6 months on income based benefits - even after being shown what it says on the direct.gov website!!

Apparently it's given automatically so, as and when I sign off benefits, I will hopefully get it - and if not them I'll come back for more assistance as it's been confirmed today that the back payment I'm receiving is continuous from the last paymenp received so definitely no break in receipt!!

Feebee_71

Thanks guys - I can understand why it's easy to get different answers to the run on questions as even my senior advisor says it's only available after 6 months on income based benefits - even after being shown what it says on the direct.gov website!!

Apparently it's given automatically so, as and when I sign off benefits, I will hopefully get it - and if not them I'll come back for more assistance as it's been confirmed today that the back payment I'm receiving is continuous from the last paymenp received so definitely no break in receipt!!

Feebee_71

When a processor closes a claim for JSA (or ESA) they are required to enter a "reason code". If the code entered is the one for "Found work" then the system prompts "Consider Job Grant" so the processor should look into entitlement and issue payment. But it's not "automatic" as such, so if you think you're entitled and don't receive it within a week or so of the end of your claim, contact them to chase it up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks Antone,

I asked my senior advisor (I call her that as her name is on my agreement and she sorted all the paperwork when I first signed on however I never see her for my regular sign on appointments I see a young chap every fortnight) about the run on benefits and she said she has to agree to it being said but, as I've not been solely on JSA for the last 6 months, I wouldn't be entitled to run ons!!

Being unsure after reading the direct.gov information for myself I enquired on this fine part of the forum and was told that, so long as there was on break in on claim, both the ESA and JSA claims would be considered.

As the job I'm going to is not that well paid (domicillary care work) it is likely I will be able to put in a claim for working tax credits and a continuation of housing and council tax benefits once I'm working even full time hours!!

I 'm sure I'll be back with more questions as and when I need to!!

Feebee_71

• 4 weeks later...

Wish me luck - started working on Monday and today I'm handing in my little green JSA book to the job centre to close my claim!! Next stop will be council as I think I'm still entitled to receive some CTB and HB as my salary isn't huge and I'm also in the process of claiming WTC!!

Feebee_71

Congratulations Feebee_71, I hope you enjoy your new role.

I've been clearing out my flat this last week as it was very cluttered, and am working towards my own company, hence part of the clear out - to make a bit of room and to rearrange the work surfaces to suit my home working. All done now and looking very smart.

Hope you have some pleasant work colleagues and you like what you are doing.

Thanks sillygirl,

It's domicillary care work and, so far, everyone I've met have been lovely!!

Took my booklet into the job centre (in uniform) between calls and got a great reception from the advisors and they said feel free to drop in any time and let them know how I'm getting on!!

Feebee_71

• 3 months later...

I applied for working tax credits after getting a job in August, couldn't send forms in until I got my September payment as I needed on payroll number.

I had a letter last month asking for further information and, on calling HMRC it turned out that the extra info they wanted was bank details (even though I'd asked for them to open a post office card account for payments to go into). They completed the relevant forms for me and the account details arrived last week (the day before their deadline for giving them the required information) I rang HMRC the same day and they took the details.

On Friday I got a phone call from the girl I'd spoken to previously (and who had requested the account paperwork for me) as she wanted to check if I'd received the information they'd requested - apparently she'd made a note to call me after the deadline to make sure they could complete my claim!! I explained it should be on their system as I'd rung 2 days earlier but that, as I was working, I didn't have the details on me. She then said they'd definitely have it on their system if I'd rung them and so they would now finish processing my claim and I'd get a letter within 7 days confirming it.

What my question is is, how long is it likely to be before I receive a payment? If they pay me for 4 weeks before receiving my forms then I'm owed around 10 weeks money but, if they pay me from when I started work, then it's another 3 or 4 weeks money. Am I likely to get all this money in one go?

Thanks in advance for the answers anyone might be able to give me,

Feebee_71

Edited by Feebee_71

Thought I'd reply back as I've now received the letter and the back payment of WTC. I've been awarded just over £1500 for this tax year and it's been calculated from when they received the forms plus 4 weeks backdated and not when I started working (a difference of about 3 weeks).

The first confirmation I had was from the council saying my housing benefit was going down from £40 something a week to just £7/week due to the award of WTC. The following day the letter arrived telling me I'd been awarded the WTC.

Now I'm wondering if it's actually worth claiming them if all they'll do is go to paying off the amount of housing benefit that I lose by being awarded the WTC!!! Especially as I was told that, I'd not be entitled to any council tax benefit as I'd be getting WTC and so that's £20/week of it gone and now the housing benefit will drop by over £30/week which will swallow up the rest of my WTC!!

Sorry for the moan - I thought the idea of WTC was to give me a bit more money in my pocket each week due to being on a low income!!

Feebee_71

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

When I started work a few months ago I applied for, and was awarded, WTC. They gave me a figure of how much I'd receive in total and how much I'd be paid each week.

Obviously we're at the end of the tax year in the next week or so and the claim will need to be renewed. Will I receive a letter about this or anything to tell me when I have to renew by or is it expected that I should know it needs renewing and just get in touch with them?

Sorry for another of my daft questions,

Feebee_71

You will receive a claim renewals pack automatically by post, it will ask you to confirm your details for your current award - you are basically confirming the details you gave them were correct and it will serve as a renewal for 2013/14.. They will ask for your income etc for last year and will issue a new award notice based on your final figures/circumstances. You can renew over the phone

scotgal 

Thanks Scotgal68,

I was hoping they'd send me a reminder/renewal pack as I find the money a godsend!!

Will have to look at the award letter again to see what date it's due to be paid until as I'm sure the total award hasn't been paid yet as I'm sure I received about 1/3 of the money (backdated to my application date) and don't think I've received the remainder yet!!

Feebee_71

Sometimes at the end of the tax year, you can receive lump sums, this is when you finalise your award by confirming your pay hours etc - your award notice will tell you when your award will end, if your circumstances remain unchanged your payments will continue. I'm glad it's benefiting you x

scotgal 

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd update, got my renewal pack through this week. Filled it in using the figure from my P60 from work and put back in the post the same day. Can't believe how quick and easy it was!!

Feebee_71

• 3 weeks later...

Have now received my renewal notification through and the amount I'm receiving this year has gone down (obviously because I had a lot more income in 2012-13 than the previous tax year having gone from benefits to employment) but, what I don't understand is that they have said how much they're going to pay me from now until April (fair enough) but then tell me it will include an overpayment which will be recovered from future awards.

Surely, with most of the tax year remaining they could have worked it out so I'm not overpaid?? They're already cutting my WTC by more than 50%!!

Feebee_71