Pay Pal Skype Fraud and the FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Wife was a victim of the Pay Pal Skype Fraud,

for the uninitiated, it is where you are duped into logging into a false Pay Pal Site, so the fraudster can get their hands on your PayPal username and password and then uses your Paypal account and your skype account, (if you have one, but id does not matter as they can just make one up) AND WITH YOUR DETAILS, PAY PAL AND LINKED BANK ACCOUNT make hundreds of calls. in my wifes case just under 100 all over the world.

This may not seem like to much of an issue until you try to get your money back, the Bank, PayPal and Skype if you can get hold of them that is were all useless, infact more than useless. It was not until I found the details of the PAYMENT SERVICES DIRECTIVE that things changed and I asked the FOS to get involved.....

While this was a little involved and did take some time, with the FOS and the Payment Services Directive on our side we did eventually get £100 compensation from our Bank and the Funds returned from PayPal....

Well Done the FOS, and the PSD

Check out the Payment Services Directive it can help with Fraud and Missing payments.....With Banks and PAYPAL

Duncan

Regards Duncan

Dreams to Reality Through Persistence

"in the Acorn Sleeps the Mighty Oak"

"Persistence, Not Patience is a Virtue, "