postggj gets a dvla summons for failing to notify new keeper/ get real * CASE WITHDRAWN**

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dvla1.jpg

dvla2.jpg

WELL THEN, THIS SAYS IT ALL, AND YES I DID RETURN THE V5 BACK TO DVLA.

I WANT THIS THREAD TO BE A BENCH MARK FOR FUTURE CAGGERS TO REFER TO.

I AM WELL AWARE OF SECTION 7 OF THE INTERPRETATIONS ACT, NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO RESPOND IF NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS RECEIVED, ETC, ETC,ETC

QUESTIONS

1/ ON FORM A, WHAT DOES IT STATE

"YOU ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR AND NOT SUMMONED"

2/ WHY DOES IT STATE REQUISITION AND NOT SUMMONS

FORM D

WHY DOES IT ASK FOR YOUR NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER AND TELEPHONE NUMBER.

I ALSO GOT A NICE PAMPHLET ENCLOSED FROM THE COURT (FORM MC100)

THIS TELLS ME IT IS AN OFFFENCE NOT TO PROVIDE A FULL INCOME AND EXPENDITURE FOLLOWING AN OFFICIAL REQUEST FROM A DESIGNATED OFFICER. SINCE WHEN WAS A DVLA DRONE AN OFFICER OF THE COURT..

THIS TO ASKS FOR TELEPHONE, DATE OF BRTH, NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER, VEHICLE REG NUMBER, FULL EMPLOYMENT DETAILS, ETC,ETC

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT ITS INNOCENT BEFORE PROVEN GUILTY AND HOW DARE THEY ASK FOR THIS DATA PRIOR TO ANY COURT APPEARENCE

BRING IT ON IS WHAT I SAY

Sorry, post, I dont understand what is happening here ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just don't let the DVLA prosecutor try to convince the court that the Interpretation Act doesn't apply in their case and that you are guilty because you cannot prove that the document was delivered. As you may know, that is what happened in Paul Kennedy's case, (at the same court!!) post 33 in this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?301880-DVLA-Failure-to-notify-change-of-keeper.........case-adjourned-what-do-i-do-now

Edited by Raykay

I am guessing that before scanning, this summons was screwed up into a little ball and thrown into file 13 (the bin)!

As advised above. The interpretation Act DOES apply to the DVLA. Your only duty was to send the V5c to DVLA. If you did that, job done. Don't let the magistates shaft you.

with reference letter d above from dvla

it asks if i intend to plead not guilty and return it to dvla

do i have any legal obligation to comply

i should be pleading not guilty in front of a judge, not by post to dvla

comments please

Do DVLA have the power to be a prosecuting authority and issue their own summonses to magistrates court? Have you contacted the court in question to clarify this?

Well then

form D returned back to DVLA minus date of birth and national insurance number (why they want them is beyond me)

pleaded not guilty and requested mr poole who collated they supposed evidence be in attendance at court

bring it on i say

Hi,

I fought the DVLA at the Portsmouth County Court along with Peek at Horsham County Court and we both beat the DVLA on the following statement " The DVLA do not have Statutary Power to require anyone to contact them if they do not receive a reciept". I think you may have gone beyond this but the DVLA will fail at this point. I did attend the court on my own whereas the DVLA had a brief but it still failed. My case was Carter-White v The Secratery of State for Transport case ID 9PO04250. Im just an ordinary guy who hates getting screwed by the State/DVLA/Any other smuck. Good Luck

• Haha 1

Thanks for the case ref

i will use that when i get the dvla prosecutor on the stand

Oh! I am enjoying the potential of this thread.

They certainly picked on the wrong one here

If it eventually gets to a Magistrates Court I would love to be in the public gallery.

I live mostly in Moscow nowadays, but think it will be worth the journey!

It might be crowded if you publish details.

Following on from this, what if you get the summons, and you never posted it back vechicle docs as you sold the car for parts (or at least thats what they said they wanted it for), but never told them it was scrapped / sold on for parts, and want to plead guilty by post as you can't take time away from work to attend court. Anyone any ideas on what should be done? Would love to lie and say posted docs back, but can't!

Do DVLA have the power to be a prosecuting authority and issue their own summonses to magistrates court? Have you contacted the court in question to clarify this?

interesting question that

as this is a criminal matter, only the crown prosecution service brings charges before a court

where in the vehicle excise and registration act 1974 s.59 (2) (a) allows them the authority to bring a CRIMINAL PROSECUTION and not a civil claim

ANSWERS ANYBODY

As I understand it, the CPS prosecutes on behalf of police, other prosecutions are by the authority dealing with them - local authorities for their matters, trading standards for theirs etc. so I would think that DVLA prosecute in their cases.

done some digging

a requisition rather than a summons, is an invitation rather than a legal requirement.

great then, if you don't attend or submit a dfence then you are convicted in your absence

so much for justice

no real problems though as ill tear the dvla prosecutor apart in court:madgrin::-)

Did anybody actually read the details of the summons letter, I did and was intrigued to note that the DVLA rely on the Interpretation Act - look closely at the wording on the lower left of the letter

... by first class post .... to the defendant .... at the address ...

Sound familiar! So you can't evn say you never received the summons as they would then use the IA against you!!!

WHAT AN ANTI -CLIMAX

I HAVE JUST HAD THE PROSECUTION DEPARTMENT OF DVLA PHONE ME. IT WAS CIVIL ENOUGH. HE ASKED WHY I WAS DEFENDING AND REQUESTING THE PROSECUTOR TO TURN UP IN COURT.

I REMINDED HIM THAT I WILL BE STATING MY DEFENSE IN COURT AND NOT BEFORE.

HE THEN STATED CASE WITHDRAWN, :jaw:

EMAIL COPY RECEIVED AND HARD COPY IN THE POST

AND I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO TEAR HIM APART IN COURT AND PUT INTO THE OPEN THE UNLAWFUL PROSECUTIONS INSTIGATED BY DVLA

AT LEAST THEY HAVE SEEN SENSE IN THE END

but have they????

or is it they saw in you a chance to be shown up for the useless company they are, and they werent willing to take it. where as others might not be so lucky/fortunate to have the case dropped

all the same congrats on the "win"

Edited by wackyone
added info