Anyone experienced rejection of NHS treatment as seen privately for 2nd opinion

terriersaregreat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All! Just a very brief note to let you know that daughter has had her operation. Can't go into detail but wanted all well wishers to know. Will post when able with full story. She has suffered so much pain for far too long, it was inhuman. I am so proud of her and her ability to behave with such dignity. One heck of an op 6 hrs! Rang me about 3 hours after the op, very shakey but very relieved that it was over. Believe me I've shed a few tears. Best wishes and thanks to you all. TAGx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TAG, I have a sister who was in a similar position and my god did it take some ranting to get anywhere. My sympathy to you and you daughter.

I do not know much about your daughters symptoms but if no treatment as yet there maybe an alternative (depending on her symptoms), a new treatment which is done in the Day Surgery theatre and called Intradiscal Therapy, the procedure takes 20 min in total and is not open surgery and most patients are pain free within 24 hours.

This would also mean a quicker appointment.

Thanks for your thoughts and wishes. Great news is SHE'S WALKING!

Still experiencing some pain but nowhere near as bad in thoses very dark days. She is being advised on the slow withdrawal of the vile medication which she had been prescribed for over two years for the pain management.

We are all very angry that she was allowed to suffer in this way and of course the use of such powerful medication for so long has taken its toll. Not going into detail at moment.

Operation was over five hours long nurses in her recovery were great. GPs were great, but the handling of her condition was appalling by the pen pushers.

We got there in the end so advice is check and double check that your diagnosis and prognosis are correct. Research and ask questions. DO NOT GIVE UP!:cheer2: