need help about my dispute transaction on vanquis card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got an internet fraud transaction back in october 2009

this took me above my limit . where my card limit was 250 pounds

some body used my card on my behalf and made a hotel booking in america hotel .

no one from vanquis contracted me in written or verbal way to check this was ok

after a month when i saw this transaction i rang vanquis straight away to tell them that this transaction was not made by me

even i told them why didn't they made me noticed that there was transaction obove my limit.

vanquis bank referred me to fraud dept to investigate . in the mean time i was paying for the default fees plus my minimum payment .

after few weeks they send me a letter stating that it was me who made this reservation , and therefore i am the one who is liable to pay back to them . :evil: . for this i was not happy with them .

so i tried to contact with financial ombudsman in october 2010 . and they replied after a month that .i should contact vanquis bank directly to solve the problem out .

As per their reply i try to contact vanquis again . and told them i never been to america and even i dont have a visa to go to america, so to their reply they ask me to send the passport copies to them .

and if that clears that i was never been to america or anything about it on my passport they will return my credit back which i was paying from the ages .

so i send the passport copies 2 times . and as to their reply they said that they never got my passport copies to them .

but i was checking out my old papers at home and i found out a letter from vanquis confirming my passport copies

but also said that " it doesn't mean that i didn't made a reservation ". and said that if u want to get ur money back , u can contact the hotel for a refund .

now the question is .

why would i use my card above my limit ?

how could vanquis bank can authorise a payment which is above my limit ?

if that shows that i didn't authorise this payment why would i pay ?

This month when i rang vanquis to pay my minimum amount they told me that i cannot pay any minimum anymore as i have to full pay the amount in full .

so i told them that i would not pay the amount which i never used it for .and they also told me that they have issued me a new card number

but they cannot send me one cus i am above my limit now .

then why didn't they stop my card when some one used my card over my limit why now ?

the limit on my card was 250 . and now i have to pay nealy 800 pounds for that transaction as well.

can u please help me in sorting my problem out? :-x

Edited by aqeelrahat

You need Vanquis to 'prove' this transactions exists. You need information about the transaction. I would certainly report this transaction to the Police, they may not be too interested, but at least get a Crime Number.

From now on follow our advice to never telephone them again, make sure all correspondence is in writing with proof of sending/delivery. It is for them to 'prove' this is your charge and not for you to prove it is not.

You can send the 'Prove it' letter, or, a SAR (which does cost £10 but is worth it) this is a formal, legal request for all the paperwork and information Vanquis hold on you and may throw up further transaction details.

Amend the 'prove it' letter to request, in writing, the date of this transaction, which hotel was booked and for what dates, what date was the transaction made and by what method, asking for specifics may mean that they will treat this a little more seriously. You could also inform them that you are prepared to 'take this all the way' in order to force them to give up this information.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ng-of-the-debt

• Confused 1

three threads on the same issue merged

please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the oc

dx

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
You need Vanquis to 'prove' this transactions exists. You need information about the transaction. I would certainly report this transaction to the Police, they may not be too interested, but at least get a Crime Number.

From now on follow our advice to never telephone them again, make sure all correspondence is in writing with proof of sending/delivery. It is for them to 'prove' this is your charge and not for you to prove it is not.

hi i have allready sent my letter to vanquis but on the other hand i am a credit experian member so i told them my store and they contacted on my belhalf

and the reply came up with

THE OUTCOME:

Vanquis Bank Limited confirm the details we hold are accurate.

They ask that we keep the information on our database. The have stated "Customer is aware of the outcome - customer booked hotel in america and failed to show and as per customer's t's and c's of the hotel - customer is liable and this balance will stay on credit file."

but as i told them i was not aware of this transaction as it was an internet fraud and i am victim to it

can u suggest me what to do !

• 2 weeks later...
hi i have allready sent my letter to vanquis but on the other hand i am a credit experian member so i told them my store and they contacted on my belhalf

and the reply came up with

THE OUTCOME:

Vanquis Bank Limited confirm the details we hold are accurate.

They ask that we keep the information on our database. The have stated "Customer is aware of the outcome - customer booked hotel in america and failed to show and as per customer's t's and c's of the hotel - customer is liable and this balance will stay on credit file."

but as i told them i was not aware of this transaction as it was an internet fraud and i am victim to it

can u suggest me what to do !

can any one advice me on this please

• 3 weeks later...

did you SAR them then?

isa visa badge on the card too

dx

and they

yes i did ! I SENT THE LETTER INCLUDIN 10 POUNDS CHEQUE on 2-06-2011 and they recieved it on 31-06-2011 as i have the recipt of sending the letter and i have the proof of received including signature .

i think its been more then a month now !

yes i did ! I SENT THE LETTER INCLUDIN 10 POUNDS CHEQUE on 2-06-2011 and they recieved it on 31-06-2011 as i have the recipt of sending the letter and i have the proof of received including signature .

i think its been more then a month now !

So if they received it on 30th June (you say 31), don't they have until the beginning of August to comply? (40 days and all that)

ims

Ah

Ok so 3 June ->40 days = Now.

So...being reasonable, if you haven't received anything by the end of the week I would write to them saying that they are now in breach of DPA and put them on 14 day lba for reporting to the ICO and/or court action to force compliance.

Regards

ims

• Confused 1

i dont think so that i would be able to hear anything from them as when i call them to pay my monthly minimum amount for the credit card , the guy told me they dont investigate any transaction held more then 6 months old

even i can see in my account that they have cash that cheque which i sent it with the letter .!

would you guide me in writing the letter in the end of this month ?

:???:

Yes we can help with the letter but give it a few more days first.

Banks will say they don't have information when in fact they do.

Lets get that SAR info first and then take it from there....one step at a time.

Regards

ims

has your vanquis card got the VISA logo on it?

dx

and they