HELP! Urgent loan needed

noobrider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here are the latest developments..

The surveyor finally agreed to change his valuation but then insisted on a damp proof and tie bar survey with a particular company...I had to pay the fee. Well I paid that and they finally went last week onlt to find that suprise suprise it needs both a damp proof course and a tie bar...total cost £1550.

To cut a long story short and with lots of negotiating the mortgage company, solicitor survey and vendor have now all agreed to a £1550 reduction in the cost of the house and the mortgage. This was finally agreed this Monday. Mortgage company said an offer would be issued to this effect by the end of the week. Well It's thursday night and I still haven't had the offer. They also dropped a bombshell on me that they would require £549 admin costs on completion of the mortgage...after all I've paid out so far I just don't have this money so I'm off to find a loan tomorrow. I also have to fin £500 for the mortgage broker...£300 for the solicitor and now the flippin landlord is getting really funny with me as my tenancy agreement ran out on the 31st October and I could only afford to give him 2 weeks worth of rent...I've had my two weeks...probably got another 2 weeks to gobefore completion provided I can find a loan for the release of the mortgage funds.

I swear to god I will never buy another house...if I ever get to move into this one the only way I'm leaving is in a wooden box.

Nearly all mortgage co's will add the arrangement fee on to the loan on completion.

See if you can negotiate with broker as he gets paid hefty fee by mortgage co as well.

Which mortgage co are you going with.

Anyway at least you are almost there.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 99.9% certain that the motgage provider will happily add the fees to the mortgage

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

all my fee's were added to the loan/mortgage i am sure.

on the subject of buying a house tho, we bought our 1st last year and its been a money pit, I honestly dont see the big fuss about owning your own home.

I had more money spare when renting, granted I would be paying out forever but at least i could enjoy my wages as opposed to spending out every spare penny on carpets, heating, decor, kitchens, bathroom etc etc etc

boiler packed up 2 weeks ago... 250 quid for parts and labour, flat roof on porch is now leaking.. aint got quote yet due to being skint

anyway hope it all finally gets sorted and you can then enjoy it.

Woolwich

S.A.R sent to Woolwich 12/09/06

list of charges received 05/10/06 total £979.79

prelim sent 06/10/2006 for £979.79

LBA sent 20/10/06

3/11/06 offer recieved £485 - LBA deadline also

Capital One

S.A.R sent 05/10/06

didnt send £10 so resending on payday

Well the offer in full came through today...phew...fianlly got somewhere...I can now go sign early next week. Unfortunately the mortgage company wont add the fees to the mortgage so I have to find £549 to release the funds. That is going to be a lot easier than the £6000 I initially started this thread off with.... I might be able to get it from parents on both sides combined..if not I'm sure there will be some shark somewhere lol...

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Well the offer in full came through today...phew...fianlly got somewhere...I can now go sign early next week. Unfortunately the mortgage company wont add the fees to the mortgage so I have to find £549 to release the funds. That is going to be a lot easier than the £6000 I initially started this thread off with.... I might be able to get it from parents on both sides combined..if not I'm sure there will be some shark somewhere lol...

woohoo it took a bit longer than the 2 weeks you expected but your almost there now :D

great news Noobrider congratulations, we all look forward to the house warming party ;) all 89,000 of us lol

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's nearly house warming time...flippin solicitor though I could kill him....Signed the papers last wednesday with a completion date for today...solicitor said the money transfer should be complete early morning or lunchtime at the latest...so we waited...1pm no call so we called him...he then claims that we should have come in this morning to pay all the bills which would then have started the money transfer AARGH...so we rushed down to pay him (robbing sod) and he said he would try to complete for 3.30 when we could then go collect the keys from the estate agent...well that didn't happen either.... so it will be tomorrow morning.

Cheeky flipping solicitor though...originally quoted £379 for his services and we paid him £100 for the searches...admittedly the mortgage company insisted on a larger practice and he had to call in another firm to countersign...I expected a bill from them £230...but he asked for an extra £700 today...he claimed because it took so long???? don't worry as soon as i'm in I will be requesting a full breakdown of his bill....with justification...I was only buying not selling as well.

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

If he agreed a price at the outset then he MUST stick to it. He cannot alter the agreed costs so near to completion.........period.

After you have paid the money in order for him to complete & save the purchase tell him you intend to report him to the Law Society for unprofessional & negligent conduct. Negligence applies because even if the costs had risen he didn't advise you at the time & he should have

Also the fact that the lender would want a multi partner practice is a well known requirement & something he would/should have known at the outset. (The lender would have told him) Therefore not only should he have warned you that this could & probably would happen but he should have allowed for it in his quote

Thanks Jonchris this will help in my argument to reduce the costs. Its good to be informed and CAG always empowers the consumers

What a horror story - reminds me of ME 4-years ago (selling as well as buying - so imagine the problems). Your opinion of solicitors tallies closely with my own :D

I found this thread as I need to find a small loan (about £3000) quickly, and have defaults in 2002 and 2003 [that officially should have been put in place in 2000 :mad: ] - and these are messing up my attempts to move forwards.

My last pointer was towards Black Horse finance - higher rates for higher risks - so any thoughts are appreciated on that matter.

• 3 years later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks