Anybody have Bearded Dragons

silverfox1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well we definitely have eggs but she hasn't laid yet. I have placed a large tub in the viv with a sand/vermiculite mix and she is happily digging a hole-then moving and digging another while filling in the original hole-go figure.

Just a waiting game now. I'm going to the pet shop tomorrow to get the bits I will need

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

We have a grand total of 14 eggs. Considering Dora isn't that big herself, the eggs are huge. No wonder she had trouble moving.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

woohoo! Not bad for a first clutch and not long now till you will have tincy wincy beardies running around the place eating everything in sight lol

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

woohoo! Not bad for a first clutch and not long now till you will have tincy wincy beardies running around the place eating everything in sight lol

This isn't her first clutch. Third I think as I am not the original owner

Congratulations - you're going to be a grandparent!!!

Please post pics of the babies when they hatch! How long is incubation?

I did video Dora laying a couple to show my grandsons. They were fascinated.

I just hope that most of the eggs hatch ( around 70 days I have been informed) after all the expense today. I need to recoup my outgoings

• 2 months later...

Hows things going SF? We must be getting close to hatch time.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Oops! Forgot to update this thread. The original clutch of eggs died. Don't know why. I checked them one day and they were all nice and pearly white although a little dry so I sprayed them with water. Two days later the eggs were all flat. :sad:

Not all is lost however. Bearded dragons have a habit of storing sperm (the females that is :-)) so she waited a while then dropped another half dozen then a couple of weeks later dropped another 6. These are doing well (so far). Don't want to tempt fate.

Am thinking of getting a pair of beardies myself foxy, my sister has a couple she wants to sell. My son had some a while back and I loved their characters and so easy to handle. Im still pondering though. But worried about my cat though as he chases anything that moves.

Anything smaller than a cat is a treat! Hmm tasty!

The spikes around a beardies head are quite sharp and tend to deter some predators. Spike even pierced my skin on a couple of occasion. My fault. I picked him up when he wasn't expecting it and tried to escape.

If you do decide, check out the Vivariums online. I had to buy a second one (to give some peace to Dora from a randy Spike) and that cost me £90. There are some flat pack vivs going for about £50-70

Anything smaller than a cat is a treat! Hmm tasty!

The spikes around a beardies head are quite sharp and tend to deter some predators. Spike even pierced my skin on a couple of occasion. My fault. I picked him up when he wasn't expecting it and tried to escape.

If you do decide, check out the Vivariums online. I had to buy a second one (to give some peace to Dora from a randy Spike) and that cost me £90. There are some flat pack vivs going for about £50-70

Ouch!!!!:!: now that sounds painful :lol:

• 9 months later...

Thought I would update this thread.

After the last clutch of eggs died, I did some research. This time dora laid two separate clutches totalling 30 eggs. This time I used a stack and store with a heat mat at the bottom and stored them in the airing cupboard. I used sand as a laying material and just kept the box moist enough to stop the eggs drying out.

Last week I was at a funeral and was ill for a few days so I didn't check the box.

Yesterday morning I checked the box and found 13 hatchlings :| I had a look through the sand and found a few eggs that were dead and one where the baby had died on the way out :-(. This morning I found one more that hatched overnight.

So I now have 14 baby beardies with about half a dozen more looking ready to erupt.

My grand sons will be fascinated when they see them. They are sooo tiny :-)