Roxburghe chasing Hospital 'speculative invoice' - CLaim now issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i received a letter from Roxburghe stating we owe them £78 for unpaid parking tickets,

they sent this letter address to me, stating "you" alot, for starters i dont drive, i dont have a Full Valid uk driving license so it wasnt me.

the fine is at a hospital, where my partner works.

as far as im aware she only recieved one which was £15.

and some how have summed up to £78 which they have stated include lates fees. it states date iseudd 18-03-11, 10.00.

So i seem to be charged with debt and possbily a hit on my credit history? since im the registered owner? (sorry i paid for the car roxburghe!)

Is there away out of this? or way to get the hit on my credit histroy off?? i dont feel that i should be blamed nor screwed over by this!?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think as the registered keeper of the vehicle you are technically liable for anything that happens with the car (like speeding fines etc) but I seem to remember reading that as long as you make it clear it was not you in the car on that date then it can be transferred to the person who was driving the car at the time (not hard to prove as you don't drive!) Wait for someone who knows more to come along and give you proper advice, but at the very least, your partner needs to establish why the late fees have been applied and get the exact details of the whole series of events. If they haven't written to you before this, then I'm not sure that they can suddenly demand late fees.......

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Today i received a letter from Roxburghe stating we owe them £78 for unpaid parking tickets,

they sent this letter address to me, stating "you" alot, for starters i dont drive, i dont have a Full Valid uk driving license so it wasnt me.

the fine is at a hospital, where my partner works.

as far as im aware she only recieved one which was £15.

and some how have summed up to £78 which they have stated include lates fees. it states date iseudd 18-03-11, 10.00.

So i seem to be charged with debt and possbily a hit on my credit history? since im the registered owner? (sorry i paid for the car roxburghe!)

Is there away out of this? or way to get the hit on my credit histroy off?? i dont feel that i should be blamed nor screwed over by this!?

This is NOT a fine. It's a speculative invoice.

Private Parking Companies cannot fine you.

Ignore, Ignore and if you don't get it, IGNORE.

They can do nothing to your credit record.

Jogs

even thought this roxburghe are debt collectors? i should ignore it?

If I wrote to you asking for £100, would you give it to me?????

If you would please PM your address.

A debt collector has less rights than your milkman.

Lowells are fools. Ignore them for now.

I would have thought that it's up to them to prove that you are the one that they should be chasing. I would send them a 'prove it' letter and see what they come up with if it were me.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Sorry if I sounded terse – it’s just that I have never heard of Roxburghe going beyond the ‘solicitor’ letters from Graham White Solicitors, because they know it’s largely a [problem]. They rely on their income from the uninformed souls who capitulate.

Best answer is buy a parking ticket... but know your rights when you do get a fine. I’m sure most people would put their hands up and pay if the process was transparent, honest and did not pretend to be something it isn’t.

Firstly, As it's Roxborough, it's a 'Private Parking Company' ticket, otherwise it would have been enforced by a proper Company.

Second and more Importantly, the OP was NOT driving and has NO obligation to say who was (except to a judge)

Thirdly, everybody on this site knows the sequence of $cam letters that Roxborough send. Ignoring them is the ONLY option as if you respond, they know they have hooked you.

There is NOTHING Roxborough can do to you as long as this is a PPC ticket!

Most, If not ALL hosptitals are run by PPC's, that can do sod all if you don't pay/illegally park.

but this isnt met its Roxburge, and also parking at a hospital unsure where it was on the film! should i still ignore it, my partner got another ticket today heres it scanned, sorry to keep on but dont want to get into any trouble but would rather not pay for them unless i really had to!

heres is a picture of todays ticket clearly says it go to roxburge after 28 days none payment!

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1430/ticket1.gif

You misunderstand me Jogs........not saying they should speak to roxburghe, but staff at a hospital shouldn't be getting tickets, surely! I was just suggesting they speak to her employer about it.

Maybe it's like Redhill, where the staff have to park in the Golf course just so they can do there job!

Most hospitals don't have 1/4 of the space needed for parking, esp with most services being pushed back to the local hospital. The only good thing to come out of all this is the hospitals employ 'Private' companies, who can do naff all :violin:

Jogs

I work at a large hospital and we had a private parking company take over car parking. The Staff pay a discounted fee, but have been hit with fines for parking in the wrong area's etc etc,,,, On Union advice not one member of staff have paid the extortionate charge or am I aware any member of the public. These private parking companies have ideas above there station.... I am not that o fay on parking law but I have heard that private companies struggle to bring these matters to court for one reason or another...

Good advice, ignore ignore....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

hear hear, bbnb. None of us advocate non-payment of what we owe, but the way the letters and phone calls are worded put fear into people's hearts and that should not be tolerated. D-I-L you can surely see from the OP first post how much stress the letter had caused. Nobody here wants anyone to break the law, far from it. That said, when DCAs are acting in such a way it is right that people stand up to them.

its kinda annoying 1 person saying 1 thing, but seems like he knows his stuff, but then a bunch of other people telling me hes wrong! to be honest ill leave it for now, im poor enough as it is let alone paying out something i dont need to! i've been paying all bills perfectly for at least 2 years now, trying to clear my debts etc! :)

thanks for all your support, and thanks C D for clearly correcting the guy. within the quotes etc, made alot of difference!

:)

-arghh