fife council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

weve got ourselves into a bit of a mess with council and housing benefit, i hope someone can advise me, a few years ago my man and i filled in the benefit forms to claim housing and council tax benefit, as he doesnt earn that much i hoped wed get a bit of a discount, anyway i was delighted when i got a letter back saying we were going to recieve the maximum amount of benefit, but i did wonder if this was right? so i immediatly phoned the council and the woman on the other end, said yes all was correct, i then phoned up the housing assoc just to tell them i would be recieving this benefit.then we moved house, im not sure how long after i put the benefit claim in, but i had to fill in another form, my circumstances hadnt changed, so i thought it was a simple new address i had to tell them, but no a whole new form had to be filled in, a week later i got a phone call from the council, saying that there had been an error in my claim at my old house, and i had been overpaid, by thousands? even though i had given them all the forms and wrote down exactly what income we had.. so now my mans wages are being arrested, and we cant afford to pay this years council tax as well as this £100 a month for the councils error..i just got the sherrifs officer at the door yesterday with papers, saying they will go onto our account and arrest his wages again, now for the council tax we cant afford to pay can they arrest his wages twice?...sorry for the long winded post, i just need some help with all of this thanks

Edited by fifeladee

Hiya,

Fist of all did you appeal the overpayment? how long ago was it?

Have you made any arrangment with the SO's ( who is it?)

Have they just served you a charge for payment?

Are these for different years?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)