Direct Auto Finance: Problems experienced? HELP

roscoe0128
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me with a problem that I am experiencing with Direct Auto Finance??

I changed payments to the company from DD to Standing Order, which they agreed and we both agreed the Payment Date, some 18 mths ago. Then after 14 mths, they contact me to state that they had not recieved that month's payment!! I had my Bank Statement to hand and confirmed to them that it had, in fact, been sent to them on the agreed date.

At this point I asked them to confirm my Bank Details. They still had my DD that had stopped 14 mths previously.

They were helpful at this stage, admitted that it had been an 'admin' error on their part and agreed to remove the charges. This has never been actioned!!

I was receiving 3 to 6 calls a day from 08:20 to 20:00 at home and also on my mobile, asking the same questions, as above, them apologising and then ending the call. I believed that this had been sorted, but NO!! Next month, exactly the same. Then they added another set of charges. They stated that they would resolve it but still haven't.

On the 3rd month, they started getting nasty. Although I was explaining the sequences, they kept saying that I was refusing to pay, which I agreed and added that this was due to their incompetence and that they had agreed this in previous telephone calls.

I have never missed a payment, they are still phoning my home, mobile and work number up to 8 times a day and also texting stating that I have still not made a payment as both parties had originally agreed.

This is now, in my opinion, harassment. For £240!!!

I have asked for statements, which I have received that clearly shows that I have made my payments every month and asked for their Complaints Procedure, which they have said they do not have?

Please, can someone help me!!

Paul:mad:

Direct Auto Finance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Provident Financial PLC

Contact Provident - Provident Financial

I would write a strong letter of complaint to them, detailing the timetable of events, and advising them that unless they cease telephoning you, you will commence court proceedings for harrassment. You should also advise them that you will report their activities to your local Trading Standards Office, and the Office of Fair Trading.

Good luck

Office of Fair Trading - making markets work well for consumers

Consumer Direct

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06