abbey repossession

kia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right ill try and write this as clearly as poss my ex husband left my house in the may of this year and i applied for benefits as soon as he left it took the benefits ppl till the beginning of september to pay my mortgage in that time i fell five months behind on the mortgage and the abbey are now going for repossession on my home i live here with my younger daughter and elder daughter comes back from uni to here at the weekends.

I dont work as i am carer for my dad and im disabled myself i claim incapacity benefit which is not money but something towards my tax or something dont really get it just i dont see any money for it i get income support plus tax credits for daughter at home ex gives me money every month which is used to pay for food gas electric and whatever else is needed.

My hearing date for repossession is the 17th november and im completly stuck as to what to do ive been to cab and she rubbed her head and said i cant help u which really was no use at all im worried sick about this.

My outgoings dont match my incomings even with them paying my interest now im so far behind i cant catch it up and even if i did ill never make the monthly payments as now my mortgage has gone up as the tracker i was on has ended so im unsure where to go with this now im even considering selling to brother and going bankrupt any advice u can give me would be appreciated as im sure im not the only one in this position what do i do helllpppppppppppppkia

Hey there Kia. Have you done all thenorm as far as other creditors are concerned. As you may already know mortgage companys donot see unsecured debts like credit and store cards as priority so you need to offer them token payments.

How much are the arrears and can you offer anything at all towards the arrears.??

Olives xx

Have you applied for the interest to be paid alongside your income support claim?

Have you told Abbey the situation?

Is this a joint mortgage? Is there any equity, if so will your husband be wanting his half?

What is the situation with your other unsecured debts?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

right i got some news on this due to boyfriend nagging me to phone them again which i did think would be a waste of time but i did asked them to make it interest only again and well they said they got to confirm it with somebody or other but that it should be ok and that they will be confirming the new payments in writing and then i rang the litigation to tell them this and they said when i get the letter to ring them to tell them how much off the arrears i can afford so im crossing fingers that this is problem over as its been such a worry last few weeks been getting so many headaches over it sorry for not answering sooner was not in a good place last night so went to bed early ill let u all know what happens with the letter when it comes and thanks for your replies :):)xxkia

Well done so far - what about the rest that I asked?

Is this a joint mortgage? Is there any equity, if so will your husband be wanting his half?

What is the situation with your other unsecured debts?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

yes it is a joint mortgage, there is alot of equity yes we only got a 48000 mortgage its worth nearly twice that ,ermm ex hubby has said no he dont want his share but if its sold i will give him half thats just me, and we dont have any other debts only remortgages within this mortgage :)xxkia

Ok - well with what you have done and with your claim in you should be OK.:)

Let us know what you get back in writing.

You are going to have to think at some point about how to deal with ex, as this could go on for years, and peoples expectations and needs change over the years. Not sure what the best solution is really, but i'll have a think and get back to you.

ok gizmo thanks and yes i will be making decisions very soon just wanted to make sure my house is sorted then sort next thing out just the house proved more of a headache than i thought it would be but as i now have a new partner this needs sorting too any help will be appreciated :)xxkia

ok gizmo thanks and yes i will be making decisions very soon just wanted to make sure my house is sorted then sort next thing out just the house proved more of a headache than i thought it would be but as i now have a new partner this needs sorting too any help will be appreciated :)xxkia

Get the arrears stabilised first and then we'll take it from there - a few more weeks won't make any difference. Just do one thing at a time, to make sure everything is being dealt with. :) x

I havent got a clue how to help, so i wont pretend i have.

I Just want to wish you the best.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi Kia, sorry I've not posted on your thread but I've been having internet problems at home. I can't give you any better advice than you've had at the moment, but if things should deteriorate then you know I'll be there for you :)

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It is very poss that int rates may fall going into next year. Check with Gizmo again but another option is you could keep things going to early next year and then look at the rate and deal offers. I'm dreaming of a low int rate on offer when my deal finishes next year and consider fixing long term. If the rates fall and we get advantage of that passed to borrowers as it should, I doubt if I'll see int rates at a low level again in my life time.

yep true plus i dont seem to have had all the rate reductions yet seem to get the increase immediatley funny that aint it:confused:

Oh and no letter yet confirming the interst only mortgage one did get another one from the litigation ppl saying they plan to reposses so its still hanging over me right now so guess another phone call on order on monday why its taking so long just print out a letter i dont know who do ask about the interest rate anyhow cos i know ive not had one since all this started which will be 5 months ago and i know the abbey put it down again at this rate itll be wiped out by the raise they just done :mad:xxkia

Tell Abbey to fax the int only agreement to litigation dept. Give them the details you have on the letter from shall I guess HL Interactive. When that call made, and get a name, ring HL and tell them they will receive a fax from Abbey confirming agreement.

ok thanks will do not sure who letter was from as daughter has tidied up :rolleyes:but ill find it tomorrow abbey are a right pain so they are feels like i have to do all the running xxkia

• 1 month later...

Hi Kia, I've affixed a budget sheet (financial statement) for you. Best to print one off to "practise" on first before completing the final copy.

Shout if you need help. I'm off to bed, just got in from a theatre trip and got an early start in the morning,

Ell

Budget Sheet.xls

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Kia, I've affixed a budget sheet (financial statement) for you. Best to print one off to "practise" on first before completing the final copy.

Shout if you need help. I'm off to bed, just got in from a theatre trip and got an early start in the morning,

Ell

your a star ell enn thank u so much was panicking a bit there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkia

well court tomorrow and danis gonna help me with the finicial statement tonite had one done but im not at home now so ill need to do another one now but no matter wont take long im in court at 14.00 so fingers crossed eh :)xxkia

If you need any help with anything tonight Kia, give me a shout

Ellx