#Utilities : british gas want to end contract and change rates!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received e mail from BG saying that my contract is to end on 1st June 2011 and will then switch me theier satndard tarriff rates.

Now I entered into a contract with them in November 2008, click energy 6 on line agreement.

It is NOT fixed term or Fixed rates as the rates have increased over time.

Why would they do this and in fact can they.

ok they have given me over 28 days notice, but do they want me to go somewhere else/another supplier!

They have other web/on line contracts where the rates are similar to the one I am on, why dont offer me one of those. I have always paid by DD, never nay problems. Dont understand.

Have E maied them but no response to date.

Thsi has prompted to look at bills and have just noticed that in my original agreement I was charged at the higher rate on my electricity for the first 125 units/ Q; but now notice in the last few bills they have been charging the higher rate on the forst 180 units.

They have never notified me of this change. The 125 higher rate is mentioned in all the contract/terms that they have sent me.

Do they know what they are doing!

Anybody else had this problem, cant be just me, looks like a standard letter to me.

i can answer your question for you,,,, as i recenty called the energy team to complain about this....

Websaver and the other online tariff have cancellation fees, and as a resut they cant put you onto them.... they can only advise they will put you on standard but in the email provide link to website which has details on other tariffs....

Hi ray

The simple answer is that if they put you on Standard Tariff they make more money from you in the short term, but they hope you won't notice as many customers won't, then they will make more money in the long term, it's disgraceful.

It is very poor marketing in that it then makes people look at other suppliers, which is probably not what they want you to do.

A bit short sighted of them really.

With my last bill they even sent me a forecast to dec 11 based on my current rates on click 6 thing. do they what they are doing!

Anyway had a look at the alternatives they offer and their web saver 11 ( where do they get these names from ) and it is actually cheaper than the click energy 6 I am now. And cheaper than the other suppliers, so will probably swithch to that.

Would have been much simpler for them to suggest that in the first place, but as you say they think we may not notice these things and want to make a few more quid.