#Employment : can the agency sack me if i have a day off sick?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they can usually say ur no longer required at any time me thinks

That is usually the case with Agencies :(

Really, it depends on the agency and more importantly the client you are working for, and your previous history etc.

I have had a couple of days of sick when working through an agency and had no trouble, other than some huffing and puffing from the agency - what was important was that the Client was really decent, and looked after us temps, and was fine with it, and the agency knew it was very, very rare for me, and continued to find me work when that contract finished.

If its a crap agency, or your on your first "job" for them, I wouldn't like to guess how it could go. Are you "planning" to be sick because you want the bank holiday off? If so, then I would strongly recommend you do not, but it depends, like I said above.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, I don't know I'm going to be sick until I actually am. It would lovely to schedule it.

Seriously, unless you are already sick now, then reporting sick on a bank hoilday, some employers will raise eyebrows. As caledfwlch says, if you already have a good attendance record then it shouldn't be a problem.