HELP ! Car Repaired through Elephant.co.uk authorised repairer 6 weeks ago- unsatisfactory standard of repair.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well after having the car back a few weeks the sqeaking from the suspension has gotten louder and the back of the car sits lower at one side. I am very concerned about the issues. If these cars are "jacked" up incorrectly it can affect the ride height sensors. I think they have botched these because my OSR tyre is under tha arch. What should I do now? Call Elephant and ask them to send it to a "real" repair centre?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after having the car back a few weeks the sqeaking from the suspension has gotten louder and the back of the car sits lower at one side. I am very concerned about the issues. If these cars are "jacked" up incorrectly it can affect the ride height sensors. I think they have botched these because my OSR tyre is under tha arch. What should I do now? Call Elephant and ask them to send it to a "real" repair centre?

It doesn't affect the ride height sensors. If the ignition is turned on when the car is jacked up then it can affect the calibration. This should give an error message and correct itself if that has happened. In fact if it has been jacked up and you get the fault registered then more than likely the fault existed prior to the accident. I think you have a weak complaint here.

• 1 year later...
Take it from me........forget the X type.......try an XF..........and as regards the fuel I know there is a principle in question but for £25 you're being a bit picky respectfully.

Would that be the French version :D

The X-type 2.5 Sport I owned for 3 years from 2005 til 2008 was reliable and cheap to maintain and service.

The X-type 3.0 Sport 2007 is AWD.

...and drank like an acholic fish if it was anything like the earlier models!!

I had a 2002 2.5ltr petrol auto AWD which used to do around 19mpg on a normal day. Handling it like a new born babe only ever go it up to 27mpg (and was as boring as hell to drive like that... 56mph on a motorway on cruise control etc) Nothing like the 37mpg or more that Jaguar claimed.

It was a lovely car to drive and looked stylish and I loved the 4wd, but no way could I afford running costs like that on a (supposedly) modern engine.