HFO Services/Barclaycard & Unenforceable Credit Agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First time poster so I hope I'm in the right place. HFO services are harassing me at the moment. I have taken all the excellent advice relating to them and requests for information. The agreement was taken out in 1990.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be enforceable as I have read that many pre-2007 agreements are not enforceable?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

First time poster so I hope I'm in the right place. HFO services are harassing me at the moment. I have taken all the excellent advice relating to them and requests for information. The agreement was taken out in 1990.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be enforceable as I have read that many pre-2007 agreements are not enforceable?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to CAG,

I'm afraid things have moved on since recent test cases have allowed creditors to reconstruct old agreements that were badly stored/microfiched and convince judges that if the money has been lent it should be paid back. The judiciary is certainly looking to enforce anything that will show you have had use of the money and are seeking to get out of your debt. Carey vs HSBC and McGuffick vs HBOS should be looked at for details of what the current situation is imho.

That said the water is made murky by the sale of debts to third parties such as HFO and depending on how they purchased it/when it was purchased and who purchased it with this company especiailly it could be vital to any future court action they may take... and do be aware HFO DO take court action if their investigations show you have assets or the potential to pay.

Do you know: Who EXACTLY (name of company/address/company registration) the account was sold to? contact Barclaycard to find out.

Do you know: The last payment made on the account? contact Barclaycard to find out.

S.

Subscribing...

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

'Barclaycard debt sold to HFO Capital Limited' advised on HFO Services letterhead in 2007.

Barclays cannot tell me to whom and when the 'debt' was sold, however, last payment is confirmed as Jan. 2005, default issued August 2006, so would this be SB now?

I have my own thread on this, so not hijacking this one, but just a quick visit so not got time to find own thread, apologies.

Even with Barclaycard’s T&Cs, I reckon end of April at the worst for SB.

What’s that about the letter in 2007?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Even with Barclaycard’s T&Cs, I reckon end of April at the worst for SB.

What’s that about the letter in 2007?

HS can you post up the letter on your HFO thread.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I'm afraid things have moved on since recent test cases have allowed creditors to reconstruct old agreements that were badly stored/microfiched and convince judges that if the money has been lent it should be paid back

s.65 and s.127 (3) still apply of course.

Barclays cannot tell me to whom and when the 'debt' was sold, however, last payment is confirmed as Jan. 2005, default issued August 2006, so would this be SB now?

So long as you have not acknowledged the debt in writing during the limitation period this debt should be SB.

I can't find your thread anyway HS, must be something wrong with the system.

Indeed there is something wrong, VJ. People's posting and thread histories are shot to hell. CAG database must be corrupted.