Barclaycard minimum payment and general advice please

counsellor x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, first post here,

I owe £2,800 on one card and £900 on another

On my larger amount owing my minimum repayment is £48 and my estimated interest is £50. This means i would be paying £48 and my outstanding amount would go UP by at least £2!! I questioned this in a call and cited their responsibility under the lending code but I may as well have been talking to a wall. The supervisor I spoke to said either pay it off, pay an amount at least equal to the minimum or dont pay (and face the consequences)

I have just been made unemployed and currently have no money at all.

I have had this card for years. I am wondering whether to go down the line of writing for proof of a signed agreement or contacting CAB or CCC such like.

Im struggling to get my thoughts clear on what action to take and what my best options are and could do with some advice please.

I hope one day to be free from this companies grip.

Hi Counsellor and welcome to CAG

You should seek some advice about your general debt situation, perhaps by speaking to National DebtLine, or one of the other agencies - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Debt:_Where_to_Get_Help

The chance of success in questioning the enforceability of an a/c is now very poor. However, a CCA request is only £1 so it may still be worth doing. The CCA request letter is in our Debt Collection Library - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

You can also see here for a selection of letters you may find useful - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

I have to warn you, however, that BC have a reputation for being very unsympathetic when their customers fall on hard times.

Don't be intimidated by their letters and calls. If they phone you, do not discuss the matter at all. Tell them to put anything they have to say in writing.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)