PeeCee v Alliance & Leicester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i've sent the first two letters off to A & L and recieved the same standard letter ref: Unfair2. Will now be going down to my local County court to submit my N1 claim within the next day or so. Will keep you all posted as to what happens next, maybe i'll be the first one to go to court!! :eek:

Claim served 21/09/2006

Acknowledgment of Service received 21/09/2006

Cheque for full settlement received 03/10/2006

Notified of account closure 31/10/2006

Good luck. I think most of us think we'll be the ones to go to court!!!

:cool: Lily :cool:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

PAID IN FULL 25th August 2006.....

DONATION HAPPILY GIVEN.......

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

Thats So True Glad Im Not The Only One Thinking That. Im Not Usually The Luckiest Person So Cant Help Thinking That This May All End In Tears (mine:( ) But Hey U Gotta Give It A Try, Filed My Claim Today With The Courts So Im Hoping It'll Be Over Soon

Thats So True Glad Im Not The Only One Thinking That. Im Not Usually The Luckiest Person So Cant Help Thinking That This May All End In Tears (mine:( ) But Hey U Gotta Give It A Try, Filed My Claim Today With The Courts So Im Hoping It'll Be Over Soon

U have got to give it a try or u'll never know!!! I've been looking around the site and from what i can gather is they defend then pay up just before the 28 days is up, this is the bit i'm waiting for!!!!!

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

If you are happy with my help please click on the scales at the side of this message

My experience was; they acknowledged indicating they fully intended to defened (a worrying moment!) and then a week later a cheque arrived for the full amount...

Good luck!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Just wanted to let you know i got my cheque this morning, wanted to give you a bit of encouragement. Keep going Wombat you will be next!! I filed my claim with moneyclaim on 6th and after the usuall 'intend to defend' letters they paid up today (25th August). Hope this helps you, good luck and keep going!!:rolleyes:

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

Still no news, should I have recieved confirmation from the court that the papers have been served? I'm unsure of the procedure and the time limits now. Expected some bumf from the court explaining the procedure??

hi, im in the same position, i filed on 22nd August, straight away they acknowledged stating they would defend the whole claim!!! they then have 28 days to file a defence or pay up!!! hope this helps if u filed ur claim online you should be able to log in and check the status!! kind regards Danni x

I would have thought you would have heard something by now, might be worth checking with the court. Try calling them with your claim number., It has been a bank holiday weekend so that might be why??

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

I may be wrong, and if so a mod will tell me but I think its 28 days from the day they are served with the claim, not when they respond/acknowledge it.

Good Luck, keep up the fight!

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

What is going on here? Poor Philip Croft has had his thread well and truly hijacked here. Can you lot post on your own threads please.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No Problems, i've been unwell the past few weeks so have had to delay putting in my claim to county court, but i've printed it all out this morning and will be filing at the court when they open at 10am. will keep everyone posted as to what happens. I believe kingliam is correct, it's 28 days from when they are served with the papers.

Claim served 21/09/2006

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's finally done, my claim was filed yesterday morning after waiting 2 weeks for the jobcentre to supply a letter so i could claim exemption against court fees. The clerk informed me they have a 10 day backlog so i guess i've just got to sweat it out for the next few weeks to see what happens, will keep you all posted. :)

Claim served 21/09/2006

Threads merged. Hope you don't have much longer to wait.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well my claim has been served, Alliance now has until 5th Oct to reply, can't wait to see what happens!!

Claim served 21/09/2006

Well my claim was deemed to have been served on the 21st Sept, i received an acknowledgment of service letter dated 21st Sept this morning from the A&L litigation team stating they intend to fully defend the claim. Will i be the first to get to court i wonder?

Claim served 21/09/2006

ohh they do leave things to the last minute don't they! I got that letter (bit more time than that though!!) and then got paid 2 weeks after. Very long two weeks and i also thought i'd be going to court.....

You can only wait now

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06

• 2 weeks later...

:D Just to update you all, i received a cheque for full and final settlement of my claim yesterday morning, A&L will now be "shortly contacting you to discuss your account's future operation". Methinks another trip to court is in the offing:). To all the others nervously waiting, it took A&L 13 days from Acknowledgment of Service to settling my claim, i'm sure a similar timescale will apply to you too.

Claim served 21/09/2006

Well done Philip :-)

Alliance & Leicester;

LBA 22nd July 2006

Reply 31st July

MCOL 6/8/06