ESA Tribunal Hearing Anxiety ***WON***

Nottingham1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amitriptyline

Dizziness or lightheadedness

Drowsiness

Confusion

Constipation

Difficulty urinating

Dry mouth

Sertraline

Agitation

Nervousness

Suicidal thoughts

Propranolol

Memory loss - at times, I struggle to remember things

Shortness of breath - Due to Asthma, but I was told it will be ok, still it's difficult to handle

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These don't really make any difference to the descriptors. And we've already covered the aggression in the submission. If you focus on a medication causing agitation/nervousness/anxiety, it can lead a tribunal to determine that some of your symptoms might go away if you change medication - losing you points. Best to keep things as simple and straightforward as possible.

I decided to try and use my oven again tonight to cook two mini pizzas, 15 minutes, 200 degrees. I go back to sit down, totally forgot and they get cremated and my smoke alarm does not go off, good job I had my window open.

:(

I have a similar issue and have got myself a portable timer that beeps loudly. It certainly means less burned food. My partner also forgets we're cooking - so its been a godsend.

I got a letter today from the tribunals service asking for permission to contact my GP for my medical records. I put all the copies of my records from what I got the other week, there is the referral documents in there and the submission letter. Hopefully the judge will allow me appeal.

Is the any thing else I should do?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes its fine, the judge expects that in a submission the appellant makes their case. Your case is you believe that you should be awarded these points, and you've stated why. This is the way submissions are written across the country. Anyone who goes to any type of civil court states what they want from the case.

Are you feeling anxious?

I thought I would ask, I was just reading some other stories and things were not making sense but they do now. I am anxious, I don't want to be forced on to JSA and reading that people are being forced to work now is just making it worse.

Every person's circumstances are different, their story is not your story. I know its hard not to feel worried when someone else has a bad result. Unfortunately there are no guarantees, but you've done everything you can to improve your chances - all you can do now (as long as you've sent everything off), is to wait for a decision or tribunal date.

If other worries go through your mind, just come and share - we may not be able to do anything about it, but sharing can help.

it weird but I find myself think I was only one worried like this about esa and about tribual. I know how you feel . I am off doctors later about my stress, anxity and not sleep and over problems. I just wish we didn't have go thought this process and the system was better. But what can you do at the end of the day ever one different and you can only perpare get support and put in a submission collect evidence and cross your fingures it going your way...

but why do you have wait so long I wait over 11 months get to tribual and it be done soon most tribual don't last more then 30 mins or more just be told yup you won or not god I am worring :x

(sorry about spelling)

hi i have a tribuneral for my anxiety on the 27th this month can anyone give me some helpful tips on boosting my points as i scored 0 on my assesment andd that is totally wrong as i can not go 2 a strainge place without some1 i know and i cannot take my children 2 school

hi i have a tribuneral for my anxiety on the 27th this month can anyone give me some helpful tips on boosting my points as i scored 0 on my assesment andd that is totally wrong as i can not go 2 a strainge place without some1 i know and i cannot take my children 2 school

Melly, probably best to start your own thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on the assessment date from the mental health team. I sent the tribunal a copy of the referral and I don't want them to think I am taking the mick with this. I have chased this up with the GP surgery but they said I will need to wait.

What do I do :(

The assessment will be of your condition as you are now so will have no to little bearing on the tribunal unless it was ordered by the tribunal judge, in which case they would wait for the assessment. If it was not tribunal ordered, then it should be sufficient that your condition is bad enough to merit the referral - any report from the assessment, as I said would be of limited value as the tribunal are looking at how you were at the time of the atos assessment, not how you are nearly a year later.

I don't think the judge ordered it but I did what the lady asked at the Chesterfield Office and sent the referrals to them and the submission letter etc. I will chase it up any way tomorrow regardless as I need the help.

Thank you again Leemack, you always put my mind at rest, you are a star :)

I just got a letter from the tribunals service asking me to sign a document to give them access to get medical information from my GP when I have just paid £25 for it and sent it to them. What else can they need?

Confused...

I just got a letter from the tribunals service asking me to sign a document to give them access to get medical information from my GP when I have just paid £25 for it and sent it to them. What else can they need?

Confused...

I can see why you're confused. Have you spoken to the tribunals service [normally not bad to deal with] and told them you've just sent the information? Even if they write to your doctor, I'm not sure if they'll get the information back in time for your hearing.

Maybe Leemack will be back later with some other comments for you, but don't be shy, ring up the tribunals people if you have the reference and a phone number and ask politely if the form they want will actually help. You're entitled to information.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Nottingham, its best to sign the form and send it back. Yes, you've sent the records you received, but what happens is that the judge gives an order of what information needs to be collected, then the clerk carries out the instructions, and doesn't have the authority to decide not to request your GP records because of information you've sent in, only the judge can do that and your case won't go back to them until they've received all the info they've requested from the GP. Don't worry, this is standard, but just to be sure, give the tribunals service a call and ask them to check that they received the info you sent - sometimes things can go missing. You could also point out to the clerk that you have sent a copy of your GP records and ask whether a judge would deem this copy suitable - or do they need originals from your surgery themselves.

I just received a copy of the medical information I sent in to them, for some reason the letter from the police got in there and I have asked them to un-attach it and the judge said she can't now it's been sent, I hope that does not affect any thing. I sent the signed letter back yesterday, let's see what happens.

Fingers crossed for you, Nottingham. You've right, what's done is done and you can only wait now. If there's any justice, you will get what you deserve.

In my experience, the tribunal people are reasonable, so if they ask you about the police thing and you explain, they will believe you.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have just been to my GP surgery and my GP has only given me a two week sick note (previous was 8 ) and it says he needs to see me before the next one is given, is this just standard procedure? I don't want to start battling them as well...maybe I am just reading to much in to this. :/

Edited by Nottingham1989
Spelling Error