Really hacked off with Barclaycard.

oldgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received my Barclaycard statement which I was 2 days late paying so consequently they have charged me £12 plus £12 over limit fee,

I've decided to reclaim the fees sending a copy of the template letter on this site (thank you)

problem is I'm not sure how much they actually owe me,

I've had the card for about 7 years and have been charged fees quite a few times.

Any suggestions as to what I should do, can I send the letter without stating an amount and rely on their 'honesty' (Barclaycard & honesty, doesn't really work does it)

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions from the experts

, I'm so sick of letting them take my hard earned cash simply

because I've been a day or 2 late in paying, have never actually missed a payment,

thanks in advance.

Hi,

Send Barclaycard a Subject Access Request, they should then send you all the info they have on you, this will let you know the score regarding charges they have added.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi.dont send a letter to Barclaycard and as you say" rely on their honesty"

IF you do not have your statements then a SAR cost £10 send recorded addressed to Data Control Department,they have 40 days to respond...this will produce statements going back 6 years along with the account history and agreements as long as you ask for all these items along with all data held by them regarding this account.

As I am sure you are aware within the Terms and Conditions of the Account it will detail the charges they will make if an account is overdue/overlimit etc but try to claim these charges back,we have all been there and believe me I understand why you are P.......d of

good luck FS

SORRY SCOTT, THREAD OVERLAP SAME ANSWER

Thank you so very much for the advice, I'll get onto it straight away, I'm usually pretty easy going but another 'theft' from them on a Monday morning just pushed me over the edge.

Hi Oldgirl,

Use our site SAR here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

When you get the data you need, list all the charges on a site spreadsheet.

If you want to claim compound interest from them, you will have to take court action further down the line and there are many examples of users who have done this successfully.

If you just want the charges back with no court action involved, BC will repay the penalty charges after only one or two letters.

When you need it, use this letter to send to BC reclaiming the charges - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

Read other threads here to see how other users have dealt with BC and their charges.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 6 years later...

Any advice would be much appreciated please, will keep it as brief as possible.

On 24/10/2016 I received a notice of assignation from Bcard, in the same envelope a letter from AL saying that they would be servicing my account on behalf of BC, I had made no payments for over a year.

I sent a CCA straight away to AL (should have been BC I realise now), on 30/11/16 had letter from AL saying that they had purchased debt on 30/9/16 and would have to request said documentation from BC.

On 2/5/17 I received from Barclaycard via AL a letter stating that they were sending me a reconstituted copy of my agreement, this consists of a blank sheet of paper with the address which I took the BC out on in July 2002, the agreement states in a small box that it is a credit card agreement between me & BC, with my new address of past 9 years.

There is also a copy of terms and conditions, no signature anywhere from either myself or BC, also looking at my credit file my account was defaulted on 27/8/2015 by Asset Link not Barclaycard, even though AL did not buy it until 30/9/16, how can this be?

Latest is I received a SOA on 26th June stating that the full amount is due and for me to contact them to discuss it (I wont be) also the £1 postal order for the CCA was credited to my account.

I'm so confused, hubby is very, very ill and I can do without this.

I'll leave it at this for now but will answer any questions, thank you for reading.

Amount is for £5,010.

Not sure how this has ended up on one of my old threads, would some kind person be able to move it for me please.

old and new threads merged

so did you ever reclaim?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are all about the same card

you should not be starting multiple thread ON THE SAME DEBT.

I merged then.

so link has bought your BC debt

and you've CCA'd and you have a reply.

which we know will not be complaint as they never are from Link.

as for the default

no link didn't default you

BC did upon sale of the debt.

can we see the CCA return please

scan it up to ONE multipage PDF file

follw upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again Oldgirl,

Do you have the penalty fee data from when you first posted about this in 2011.

If you do, you could still seek to reclaim the penalties plus interest. Claiming compound interest at 19.9% could put a big dent in the amount due.

However, this would only work by making a Small Claim against BC in courts (like many others have done in the past). Given what you say about YH being so ill, I wonder if you're up to taking court action right now.

Let us know if you have the old penalty fee data and we can take it from there.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)