PC World : grahics card failed - replaced with inferior spec -

Ajking11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i send my computer in now for the first time around a month ago now. To repair or replace my graphics card, as it became faulty and broke.

after 17 days i finally get it back.

i get back to working and playing, around 9-10 days later it goes again - overheating reaching temps of 105.C and shutting itsself down

i send it back - 10 days later i get it back and continue on both times now it has been fixed and not replaced.

another 14-15 days go by and it goes again

i told them would they stop temp fixing it and cash out for a new one as the what i pay the cover for (Premium club Thing, not to sure),

i get it back around 14 days later and still according to the paperwork not parts were replaced or required.

the three times it been in they have wiped it - this time no shock as i backed every thing up. all good there.

However its not taking around 2-3 mins for the system to start up.

finally downloaded Eve-Online and go to run it and nothing - my computer should be able to handle it i have been running it on here sine i bought the computer. "HP-Elite Pavilion HPE-063uk"

i decided to check the nvida control panel

my computer should have a "NViDIA® GeForce™ GT230"

Well the tech guys have given me a " NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT"

which is worse so they have pretty much ..... from me,

By rights replacing some thing they should give me an equal part or better if the original part is out of stock. not some piece of crap.

Any Thoughts?

Ajking11

Edited by Ajking11

politely pointout that they have fitted an inferior graphics card to that which was fitted & latterly failed.

you might as well reclaim that whatever happens ins - its not worth it - SOGA is your friend.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My advice is go into your nearest store. Persons in store temd to symphaise heavily with customers in your situation and you should have a voucher for a new one with so many failed repairs.