Mr & Mrs Bigboy vs HSBC

bigboyprice69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, we're just about ready to send our first letter, we just have one quick question, does anyone have an theories as to whether it's any better to send it to the Customer Service Centre in Leeds or to our branch? (which incidentally is Canary Wharf!)

TIA

Mr & Mrs BB :)

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

Thanks grizzly, it's going in the post today :D

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well, a quick update, still haven't heard anything from HSBC since we sent our prelim on 14th September, no surpise there, I have our LBA drafted and ready to send on Friday.

Today however, we did receive a phone call from India today, they left a message asking Mr Bigboy to phone them. Hmmm wonder if this is anything to do with our claim, we're well within our OD limit at the moment so I can't think why else they want to talk to us. Has anyone else had a call via the Indians regarding their claim?

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

wow. Ive heard about hsbc bombarding their customers with calls on other posts but they havent bothered with me at all. i feel so left out! lol. a good scream down the phone would do me the power of good. Ah well! good luck mr & mrs bigboy.

:D

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Give me your number and I'll pretend to be an HSBC bod, we can't have anyone feeling left out! Truth is we probably know more about their bank than they do!!!

Wow Digger, 140 calls in a forthnight really is insane, did you answer any of them??

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

hehe...u've obviously never heard me screaming. Im sure my hubby would STRONGLY advise u against that offer.

as for 140 calls in 2 weeks (10 calls a day- unbelievable!!) I would have so much fun with that. first to spring to mind would be to do the "er-er-errrr" like Anne in Little Britain til they hung up on me. but then i am a 29 yr old kid lol.

As for knowing more about their bank than they do...i have to say that MUST be true. I've had cause to ask them if they even know how to read properly before now, let alone the rest of it!

good luck with the LBA tomorrow. You'll be out on a spending spree with your re-discovered money before you know it! :D

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Well today came and went with no response from HSBC, LBA will be in the post 1st thing tomorrow, recorded delivery of course!

Hopefully they'll keep this up for 2 more weeks then they'll be hit with the 8% too, damn fools.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

No response to our LBA but we did get a letter and booklets today advising of their new 'fair' charges to come into effect December 2006, hmmm how about just giving us our money back.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just 1 working day before we're due to file our MCOL we have received an offer of £1944, against our claim of £2300, and rising. Will we accept it?.... of course not!

Dear Mr Langdale even apologised for the delay in responding to our letters, bless he must be so snowed under, he he.

Roll on Monday, we shall spend this weekend preparing our MCOL.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

29/09/06- LBA Sent

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

best of luck! now u get the 8% too so all is well! they acknowledge my claim really quick so u are only a short while away from your dosh :D

HSBC