Santander/CL Finance Notice of Assignment

Udaldude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an alleged debt with Santander, which they claim in a letter dated 19 May 2010 to having already assigned to CL Finance, but without specifying a date of assignment.

A Notice of Assignment from Howard Cohen dated 28th May 2010 gives no date of assignment. It says "by an assignment dated and made between ........". I presume there should be a date inserted between the words 'dated' and 'and'.

Another letter from Howard Cohen dated 4th August says: " Your account ....... was assigned to CL Finance Ltd on and a notice of assignment was previously sent to you." Again, no date.

Are these notices valid without a date? If not, does anyone know where I can find a documentary reference to say so?

Hi Welcome.Deed of Assignments have to be dated,you should have received one from Santander and one from CL Finance.

You refer to the debt as alleged debt,are you aware of any debt with Santander?

If you banked with Santander or had a credit card with them or the UK companies they purchased(Abbey etc) how long ago was this.

At this point in time send a Prove It Letter to CL Finance,letter in site library under debt collection library

Regards FS

Thank you FS. I can find the info on a Deed of Assignment - they sent me a copy of it later, dated 26th May 2010. What I'm wondering is if the Notice of Assignment was valid if it was undated. I can't find any definitive information on this.