Cath W / Help with Barclaycard payments.

CathW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as bc has closed their AC and its say

The letter is notice of the agreed assignment of debt.

i would wait for IDR to contact you by letter .

as for the reclaiming

get moving!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cath,

As DX says, it appears the debt is now owned by IDR Finance. Once they contact you, you should try to continue paying them whatever you were paying to BC. They may try to renegotiate payments immediately but you should try to get them to agree to accept the nominal payments for 6 months, as BC said would happen.

Have you done anything yet about reclaiming ?

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I sent a harassment letter to Credit Solution Ltd 14/10/11

so far today I have received 2 calls on my mobile and 1 on the landline.

Where do I stand legally as I received a letter 16 Sept from CSL saying that they act as agents for BC

but I have not received anything from BC saying this.

I have been paying £1-50 per month to BC which they have accepted.

I am totally confused as I receive phone calls from CSL on a daily basis which I have been logging

but up till now I have not answered the calls but do I take the next call from CSL

but do not confirm my name, address or d.o.b ?

Are CSL a dca company that BC own and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cath :???:

Hi Cath,

I believe CSL are another of BC's in-house collection monkeys. You can either :-

1. Ignore their calls and wait to see what you get about the Assignment.

or

2. Speak to them, tell them the call is being recorded (you can probably do this on your mobile), refuse to answer any security Q's and tell them you are dealing with BC or the new owner of the a/c. So you require them to stop calling or they'll be reported to the FOS for harassment and breach of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi, I have received yet another call from these today,

I took the call and said that I will not answer any secrity questions

and that I had sent a harasssment letter and surprise surprise was told theat they had not received it. .

Since 14/9/2011 I have received 24 calls from these monkeys so how/what is my next step to reporting them to OFT

Cath :mad2:

Just write to the FOS telling them why you think you should not be harassed in this way, how many calls you've received, how they've ignored your request for the calls to stop, etc.

:wink:

21 Oct

Have today received a letter from CSL saying that their contact has been minimal and therefore refute allegations of harassment.

I would say that 26 calls since 14 Sept was harassment but they have now removed my telephone numbers from their system

and will contact my in writing in the future,

however please be advised that CSL reserves the right to reinstate my telephone number should I not reply to there letter.

Firstly I have had no communication from BC saying that they have either sold or transfered my debt to them

and they are now asking for immediate payment, please forward an offer to CSL to reach them by 31st Oct.

What is my next course of action please.

Cath

Hi Cath,

Do you know if CSL are contacting you on behalf of IDR ?

In any event, have you got anywhere yet with reclaiming charges. For instance:-

1. Do you have all the a/c statements covering the history of the a/c, or at least for any period when you may have incurred default charges.

2. Have you put the charges data on a compound interest spreadsheet. This one will do the job. Change the interest rate to 24.9% - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

If you set the reclaim process in motion, you can then tell any DCA the a/c balance is in dispute and they will have to stop chasing for payments while the reclaim is being resolved.

Get this moving and you will be taking positive steps to sort out this a/c. With compound interest being claimed, you may be surprised at how much you can get back to reduce the debt.

Has there been any PPI on the a/c - this can also be reclaimed.

• 4 weeks later...

18/11//11

Re the above account,

my husband received a letter from BC 13/9/11 saying that they had transferred the account to IDR

but IDR would honour the repayment arrangement that we had with BC until it is due for renewal in 6 months time.

7/10/11

he received a letter from IDR saying that they have appointed the account to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

and any future payments should be made to Link.

We have continued to pay BC £1-50 per month and the last payment 14/11/11

and then today he received a letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

saying that the payment of £1-50 due 31/10/11 has not yet been paid and the payment plan is now in arrears.

If the sum is not paid immediately then the plan will be cancelled and the full amount will be due.

My question is have we done the right thing and carried on paying BC

as my husband has never signed anything with Link or IDR.

Cath

what was the outcome of your CRA file check?

does this debt show?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, have you started the process of reclaiming charges yet ?

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I have a Barclaycard credit card which I opened in Oct 1996.

I was paying monthly and then found it hard to make the payments

and Barclaycard agreed to a reduced monthly payment of £1-50 from March 2011 which I paid until 14 May 2012

when they got DCA's involved which are

MKDP 17 June 2013 to 16 June 215

Nelson Guest & Partners 29 Jan 2013 to 27 Mar 2013

Wescot Credit Services 4 Oct 2012 to 19 Feb 2013

MK Rapid Recoveries 17 June 2013 to 15 July 2013

Robinson Way 3 Aug 2012 to 18 Sept 2012

Credit Solutions 6 Oct 2012 to 29 May 2012

Today I received a Notice of Assignment from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited saying that MKDP LLP have assigned all it's respective rights,

title and interest to them from 21 Sept 2015 and Robinson Way have been appointed by HPH2 Ltd

to manage my account and all correspondence should be made to them.

Do I start the 3 letter process again to Robinsoin Way.

Thank you

OK stop

3 letter process has issues, please ignore the advice you may have received from other sites.

The first thing you need to do is a CCA request to Hoist. One is available in our library. Ignore Robinson Way completely (they are part of Hoist)

From 1996 they will require the original to be able to enforce in court.

Next, any PPI on the account?

Any Late payment charges or over limit fees?

Any fees added by the various DCAs?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you SabreSheep and obiterdictum and I will ignore the advice from other sites.

There is no PPI on the account or charges from the DCA's but Barclaycard have charged me interest and late payment fees £662-32 from April to August 2011 and this being after they agreed to reduced monthly payment of £1-50 per month from March 2011.

Regards

4 threads merged for history.

CCA request time

if this has been all through the hands of those listed above

odds on its mostly PPI/Penalty charges

which I notice several times its been advised to reclaim.

if IDR/Link now have it

odds on it does not actually exist other than in their tiny minds.

dx

and they

Hi Cath,

Now DX has merged your historic threads, we can see how long your issue has been running.

In March 2011 (in post #4), I mentioned reclaiming penalty charges. Since then, I've raised the same issue many times but you've avoided addressing it.

Is there a reason you are not willing to look at this option.

Over this period, many CAGgers have succeeded in reclaiming penalty charges and compound restitutionary interest. This interest can make a charges reclaim of a few hundred pounds turn into a refund of several thousand pounds !

Hi obiter dictum, dx100 and slick 132,

Thanks for your comments and no I have not had confirmation from Barclaycard that they would accept a reduced payment of £1-50 per month on all 3 accounts. I sent by recorded delivery 3 letters to Barclaycard 16 Feb 2011 (received by them 18 Feb 2011) saying that we were in financial difficulties and that we could only pay £1-50 per month on all 3 accounts.

24 Feb 2011 I received a call on my mobile from 0845 300 7027 (Barclaycard/Mercers) saying that my account was in arrears. I mentioned the letters but they had not received them.

12 Mar 2011 I received another call on mny mobile from 0845 300 7027 saying that they hadn't received payment and when I asked if they had received the letter 16 Feb I was told yes but they wanted to put me onto a paymeny plan of £30- per month which I refused.

I will send a CCA request to Hoist with a postal order for £1- tomorrow I will also send a letter about reclaiming the penalty charges (would this go to Hoist or do I get Barclaycard involved again).

Thanks again guys for your help

Charges are against BC themselves

But it is not just a letter

Dx

and they

Hi CW,

You would reclaim penalty charges direct from BC who would either :-

1. Deduct any unpaid balances from the refund you claim.

OR

2. Reduce the amount you owe by the amount you reclaim.

As DX says, it's not as simple as writing to BC asking them to refund. With BC, you have an opportunity to reclaim penalty charges plus compound interest in restitution.

Maximising your reclaim in this way can reduce significantly, or even clear debts completely. So it's important that you do it carefully.

See this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?453389-Barclaycard-Default-Notice-Removal

Also read **WON** BC cases here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

A good way to decide if you want to reclaim charges is to enter them on a spreadsheet using 24.9% interest. See how the charges and interest compare to the debt owed.

I just hope you have details of all penalty charges. If you haven't, you'll only get SAR info from BC going back to 2009.

OP has not returned

As a word of warning, DCAs will keep moving this debt around up until it gets close to being statute barred

THEN they will issue a claim form. If not before.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 3 months later...