Cath W / Help with Barclaycard payments.

CathW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written to all the credit card companies saying that we can only pay £1-50 per month

(recorded delivery letters and mpayments by money order 16 Feb) ,

most of them have accepted this and will review the situation in 6 months,

but Barclays are phoning both myself and husband saying that they need payment of £250 to clear the arrears.

I received a call from Barclays today 12/3 on my mobile saying that my account was in arrears and they had received the recorded delivery letter that I had sent .

They said that the payment of £1-50 per month was not enough and wanted to put me on a payment plan of £30- per month

if I couldn't pay this then they would get ta debt collecting agency involved

(but they are still charging late payments fees and interest). As I have explained my situation what would my next step be. :sad:

Any advice would be greatly received.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome, cath.

I've moved this thread to the Barclaycard Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Cathw,your Barclaycard reply and complete lack of co -operation is the standard reply from a company who think they are above most guidelines.

You do not have to pay more than you can honestly afford,just pay this £1.50 and pay it every month,if it gets passed to a DCA fine no worry,if it goes a( long way down the road) to court,they will be foolish because the judge will not be impressed that BC or the DCA is wasting his/her time.

It is important to establish a regular payment trail,with your next payment remind BC if they continue to charge interest and add charges the debt will never be paid,and Banking guidelines are very clear on this matter,payments are based on your ability to pay and not any profit requirements of the Bank.

good luck FS

Hi Cath,

Do you have all your statements to see what penalty charges have been added to the a/c - these can be reclaimed in full to reduce what you owe to BC.

Have you approached the other creditors yourself or through CCCS or any other debt help advisors.

BC are famous for being intransigent but may accept token payments if they are offered via a third party.

See here for CCCS and National Debtline contact details - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Debt:_Where_to_Get_Help

8-)

Edited by slick132
forgot link

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi,

Thanks for the advise, and yes I have all of the statements with the penalty charges

and I have sent recorded delivery letters to all the credit card companies that we owe money to

stating that we can only pay £1-50 per month,

most have accepted but today we have received 6 calls from Barclaycard asking us to call.

We have 3 accounts with them, my husband 2 and myself 1 and all but 1 have accepted the payment.

Regards

Cath

Hi.Do you bank with Barclays,if so I would suggest get a different bank account SAP.or if you bank with any of other creditors banks same get a new bank account if possible.

Slick has advised that as you have all the statements add together all penalty payments and claim them back,this will help to reduce the debt

Regards FS

Hi, Thanks for the advise and we have akready sorted another bank account out. Is there anmy sort of letter that I can send to Barclays asking them not to keep calling, like some sort of harrasement letter as the last call we received yesterday was at 7pm.

Regards

Cath

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 5 months later...

31 Aug

We have been paying Barclaycard £1-50 for 6 months

yesterday my husband received a call from Barclaycard asking him to call Payplan so that they can manage our debts for us.

Barclaycard also want a confirmation letter from this company saying that they are now dealing with our financie

s but why after 6 months do we have to get another company involved,

don't Barclaycard think that we can manage our own financies.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you

CathW

Are you still looking after your own debt management plan? As "Slick132" in letter 4 of this thread stated,very often a 3rd party involvement acceptable to the banks such as Payplan/CCCS/Nationaldebtline, seem to work,they are FREE,it is also a way of the Banks/Creditors getting to see your Income/Expenditure .I can only vouch for CCCS have use them for 4 years ,I get very little aggro from the creditors,and rather like yourselves my ability to pay has reduced over the years.Still getting 0% interest

Perhaps think about it

Regards FS

Hi Cath

Have you done anything yet about reclaiming the unlawful charges on the account?

Getting these back with interest will put a big dent in the amount you owe and in some cases can clear it completely and leave the claimant with money in the pocket to.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

• 4 weeks later...

With regards to the above,

I have had numerous phone calls from Credit Solutions asking me to return their call & quoting a reference number that I have never heard of

and when they leave a message that they quote my full name including my middle name that no one ever uses.

I have been advised not to answer the calls but to keep a record of all the calls ie time, date and phone number which I have done

today (29 Sept) I received a letter with tear off strips on the side from a company called power2contact

saying that they will call at my house Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 12 noon.

They have the same address as Credit Solutions Ltd which is Capella Court, Brighton Road, Puley, Surrey, CR8 2PG.

Yes I owe money to Barclaycard (which I am paying off at ££1-50 per month which has been going on for the last 6 months)

but as I have never signed anything with either of these companies are the letters legally binding.

Any advise would be welomed.

Regards

CathW

Hi

The milkman has more right to visit you than these poeple. Highly unlikely they will turn up but if they do tell them to go away in no uncertain terms.

Send this letter to them if you wish and have a copy handy which you can give to them if they di foolishly turn up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

What have you done about reclaiming the charges on the account?

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi

Carry on your £1 or £1.50 payment to BC

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Cath

I to was threated by the same mob although making agreed payments to BC. I asked for a Notice of Assignment quoting EU Credit Directive (effective in UK law from April 1 2011) and they and their 'solicitors' backed off and returned account to client. I continue to make token payments to OC and refuse to make any payments to DCAs collecting on behalf of an OC.

This is just my personal approach but it has worked so far and stops the merry-go-round. Were I to suspect that an account had really been sold then it becomes a different kettle of fish.

love

vic

Edited by victoria_siempre
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Today 15/10 my husband received a letter from BC saying that they had transfered his debt to a DCA

in accordance with terms and conditions of his account.

They also say that they will close the account and the DCA will honor any repayment arrangement

that we had with BC for 6 months after which the DCA will get in contact with us to arrange an agreeable repayment plan

BC are saying that if we pay by direct debit all future credit/debit card will be cancelled.

Can a DCA demand payment as we have never signed an agreement with them and do we continue to pay BC.

you need to get his cra file and see what debts are there.

you also need to seriously look at reclaiming unlawful charges and mis-sold PPI

on every account too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

The BC letter says

"Some time ago you contacted us to advise that you were unable to make the minimum payment on your BC each month.

As a responsible lender we agreed to accept reduced payments towards your account.

We have recently reviewed accounts that are on reduced payment arragements

and we have subsequently agreed to transfer the debt you owed to us to a company calle IDR Finance Uk Ltd

in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your account.

We have included the relevent section on the Terms and Conditions with this letter for your information.

The letter is notice of the agreed assignment of debt.

This means we will close your account with BC and you will receive contact within 14 working days from IDR Finance Uk Ltd.

The current balance outstanding on your BC was ....

IDR Finance UK Ltd will honour any repayment arrangement you had with us until it is due for review in 6 months time.

At this stage IDR Finance Uk Ltd or ther representatives will contact you (or any 3rd party representative you have subsequenly advised them in dealing)

to review yoour circumstance and agrre an affordable repayment amount.

If your payments are made by direct debit or future credit/debit card payments, your current arrangement will be cancelled

and you will need to await the contact from IDR Finance UK Ltd, which will give details of whom to contact to discuss the options available to enable you to make payments each month.

If you pay by standing order, please await the contact from IDR Finance UK Ltd, which will give details of whom to contact to confirm the new account details.

enabling you to advise your bank of the new recipient details.

If you have any details re the transfer of your account please contact .... ... .... within 7 days from the date of the letter (13 Oct 2011).

Yours sincerely

Alexandra Regan

Seniour Collections Manager

BC.

Hi Cath,

Have you yet quantified the amount of default charges that have been added to the a/c during it's life, and put the charges onto a spreadsheet. This one would be suitable and I suggest you use a nominal interest rate of 24.9% - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

If so, approx how much does the spready show you can reclaim in charges and interest.

And roughly how does this compare to the debt total.

:wink:

Hi Slick 132,

The letter from BC says that they have not sold the debt but just transfered it to IDR Finance Ltd. It also states that this letter is notice of the agreed assignment of the debt. Please see previous thread as I have typed out the whole letter. My main concern is who do I pay the monthly agreed payments to and do IDR Finance have any legal rights to persue us for the money.

CathW