HFC Marbles card debt and 1st Credit help please!!!

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi dx,

It looks like we've checked his CRA before on the experian website as it says I have a log in, but I managed to remember my username and other bits and asked it to send me a new password as I have forgotten it, but it asks me for a pin number which was apparantely sent through the post and i've lost it, Can't seem to get round this part of their website to start again.

But I have found a default letter from Marbles dated Feb 2010 and a leter dated December 2009 saying that they were passing his details onto CRA's.

I have dug out a load of papers that I have never seen before (I think my partner hid them thinking it would all go away!) and found that on 25 Nov 2009 Marbles sent a letter stating that we had not made the agreed reduced payment payment, yet I found the statement also dated 25 Nov 2009 showing our payment on the account on 16th, the due date was around 20th of the month.

I also found letters dated Jul 2009 and Sept 2009 which are standard letters looks to be default notice. I ignored them because the first paragraph states "From the credit card account above we have allowed you to make reduced payments due to your current financial situation. However as you have paid less than the full contractual minimum payment in each of the last two months, we are required to send this notice under the Consumer Credit Act1974. Please continue to make the reduced payments set up with us, as shown on your statements and no further action will be taken"

Now we were making these payments but then for no reason they started adding interest and charges as if the account had gone back to being a normal account with no reduced payment plan in place. We recieved no letters stating that they were no longer accepting our reduced payment plan - this does not seem fair as we had made payment without fail - Is there anything I can do here?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets see the discount letter please as asked

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For how Bl**dy long have they had customer not VICTIMS:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

removed the post

all images had barcodes showing too.

anyhow

thats enough for me

ignore them now

unless a N! claim form jumps out to you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Tootles, you were quick I posted it then saw the name and got it removed, but thanks!

DX - shall I repost and get rid of the barcodes? (sorry I didn't think about that one!!)

Sorry for being ignorant again! - but what is and N claim form?

Hi

N1 claim form = County Court Summons/claim

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Ims, so you don't think that what they have sent is a valid agreement then?

Sorry, this has got me very nervous, I am a little bit worried about ignoring them as I am scared of ending up in court!!

Hi Tootles, you were quick I posted it then saw the name and got it removed, but thanks!

I don't hang about lol!

Nobody is saying this WILL go to court, just not to worry about these losers unless they do try to take it to court. If they had a reasonable chance of getting the money by legitimate means, they would not be offering you a discount. If you believe them, then please can you send me 50% of what they say you owe?? Thought not ;-)

All DCAs want to do is scare you into paying them. They don't care about anything else.....they have no scruples, and if you don't actually owe what they say you do, then so what? There are plenty of people out there who will be intimidated into paying.

You are in the right place to learn how to deal with these muppets, and how to go about paying what you owe without being fleeced or paying what you don't owe. Stick with these guys......they know what they're talking about :-)

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Hi Ims, so you don't think that what they have sent is a valid agreement then?

Sorry, this has got me very nervous, I am a little bit worried about ignoring them as I am scared of ending up in court!!

Hi.

Personally I wouldn't be relying on dodgy agreements following the case of Rankines. There will probably be many other "iffy" issues with this.

I didn't see the letters because they had gawn before I saw them. But if they're good enough for dx to suggest ignoring them, his opinion is good enough for me.

ims

Edited by ims21

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi Tootles, Many thanks for your reply, I feel better!!

The thing is I'm not saying that we don't owe it but I was quite happily paying direct to Marbles, then suddenly without any provocation (we never missed a payment or tried to reduce it further) they decided to pass it on to 1st credit who bullied and harrassed me to increase the payment to something that i told them i could not afford, they threatened me with everything in order to make me increase it and because I was terrified I did.

Then to top it all off Marbles had agreed to freeze interest then started adding it again and increasing the debt by over £1,000, so basically wiping out all the payments i had made, which I just think is unfair ( i suppose this will become part of my defence if it goes to court!!)

So now I almost think that they deserve to get nothing from us!! I know people will think i'm wrong but I feel a bit ripped off.

Anymore reassuring words from anyone are quite welcome!! Thanks all for all your advice so far.

MF

Hi Ims, do you know where can I find more on this Rankines case? I have heard someone mention it before.

Here you go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?147432-High-Court-Judgement-The-Rankines-v-Just-about-Everybody

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

ignore totally

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm here again everyone. I stopped paying 1st credit in March after not hearing from them within the timescale to reply to my CCA request, then in June as you see from my recent posts, they sent me what seems to be an application form. and they sent me a letter asking for payment. I have totally ignored them as the lovely DX suggested.

I have now recieved a letter from Cabot saying that Marble (the OC) have sold the debt to them. In the envelope with this letter is a letter supposedly from Marble headed - Notice of Assignment of Debt (suspect that it is in the same envelope so I believe it has been written by Cabot)

The Cabot letter states that my debt is £xxxx.xx and interest rate charged is N/A etc, etc. They ask me to contact them as soon as possible to dicuss options for repayment.

But the really strange thing about this is that they actually sent it to an address we lived at 4 years ago!!! SO anyway my questions are obvious - What do I do? Has 1st Credit just passed this back or passed it on to Cabot?

Basically any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

Myfamily.

you are obv on a phishing list

pers i'd continue to ignore

as for the 'headed' notepaper

thats a typical 'trick' to make you think its official

often done by a dca on an old logo they have scanned in.

dx

and they

Hi DX,

Oh I definatelty wasn't fooled by the headed notepaper, really if they want to do that they should send it seperately, its a bit obvious when your get them together!!

Anyway, I find it interesting that they have sent it to a very old address even though 1st credit do actually know where I live! It's totally wrong too, as if I was a bit less clued up now, I could end up paying both!

I will continue to ignore and hope to never hear from either of them again!!!

Thanks DX

Myfamily

• 9 months later...

Hello again everyone.

Just another developement on this one, I have not heard from 1st credit since last year but then as in my last post got a letter from Caboot at an old address, and nothing since that one letter (i believe - hard to tell as I no longer live there, but certainly nothing received at my current address)

But I have no had two phone calls at my home number, I did not answer the phone as I don't bother anymore (too many companies calling me to refund PPI or get me compensation for an accident that I have never had!!!) so anyway, they left a message for my partner asking him to call Link financial, we of course haven't. This was last week.

Then this week I have had another mumbled message (sounded like the guy was drunk!!) asking my partner to call Link Financial, and then mumbled a phone number.

We have not had any letters at all from them.

I am obviously not going to call them. But can I assume that this is the same debt that's being passed first from 1st credit etc?

Thanks all.

Hi, no you can't assume anything regarding this, you

need to find out if there has been activity on your credit

reference files.

You are right to keep off the phone.

Until link actually write to you ( Notice of assignment)

stating exactly what they are after ignore the letters.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig,

Thanks for the advise.

I have been trying to get my partners Credit reports, tried noddle but won't verify him, tried experian (credit expert) but it says we already have an account, and we would have had a pin number sent to us, I believe we did but it was so long ago and I don't know where it is, I have tried going through the security questions to get a new password but it keeps telling me to enter the pin which I don't have and I cant see anywhere on the website of how to get a new pin number sent out, have you ever heard of this problem beofre, any idea how I get round this/

Hi Myfamily

I have similar problems in that I appear to exist when they demand money but disappear when I ask for documentary proof.

I just send a written request (or via T'Internet) with £2 fee as per links in dx's signature; and it's quite amazing what crap they hit with their fan.

x

v

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Well I finally managed to get my partners credit report, and it looks like Link financial actually own a different debt that we are actually making payments, I think they are also called IDR finance as I have recieved a letter from them and they seem to think we're in arrears with our payment plan, which we are not - but will get that sorted out seperately.

However I cannot see any debt owned by Marbles, 1st credit, Cabot or anyone else. What does this mean?