Whats wrong with this country ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Electrician

I ring up for a job jib rate £16

I say what's the rate they say £13

I say why so low? They say we can get foreign labour for that

I say but the electrician jib rate is £16

They say tough

I say go away foreigners !!!!

Sorry

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone should vote considering what peeps in the past went through to get the vote. For those who don't want to put their X in any box, there should be a box which says

' Not voting for anyone' thoughts..............

Great idea!

Totally agree. Churning out children as become a career move for some over the past 20 years or so and unfortunately, it's still the easiest way for young people to get on; in terms of access to housing, regular "income" and so on. Churn them out different sexes and they can then move on to bigger homes.... At that point, there's usually no way that wages will ever match what Benefits can bring in. Throw a couple of social disabilities into the mix; such as ADHD.... a couple of successful DLA claims, Carer's Allowance for parent(s) and bingo!

Wakey wakey Government....

Lmaoooo!!!! Great post! And you're right! Even a lot of the youth would agree with you, I have a few friends between the ages 18-25, and they echo everything you have said on their face book! :lol: And I can even remember when this "let's knock out a baby before I'm made to work, and so I can get a house and benefits" trend started - I also am unfortunately related to a few who have done it :| (none of us talk anymore by the way) - A cousin who started her plan at 15, and had given birth to her 3rd child on her 18th birthday, she still lives in the same council house she was given, and is still working a few hours a week "cash in hand" at the same local chippy, and still takes home free chippy dinners at the end of her shift, because she doesn't even have the life skill of being able to cook! Another is my sister in law, who openly admitted she'd only had her daughter to get housing - and I won't even mention the rest :lol:

As for ADHD - it is a genuine condition, that has been proven by a change in the electrical impulse patterns of the brain - however, most are just diagnosed through behaviour, which if they were all to be properly checked, I think it would be concluded that a high majority of them didn't actually have ADHD, they'd have what is commonly known as "bad behaviour", brought on by "bad parenting" :lol: But like you say, with the offer of extra money in the parents pocket, I can't see them hurrying to disprove there is anything medically wrong with their child!

The programme was under the heading The New Enlightenment by Sir Paul Nurse

Great link Termi, thank you so much for sharing - I thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Electrician

I ring up for a job jib rate £16

I say what's the rate they say £13

I say why so low? They say we can get foreign labour for that

I say but the electrician jib rate is £16

They say tough

I say go away foreigners !!!!

Sorry

Would you do the job for the £13 that the "foreign workers" would? If not, then it's not the workers you can blame - it's the employer, and yourself. Now please don't take that the wrong way, it's not a dig at you whatsoever, it's just a statement of fact, as the job would be yours if you took the lower offer made by the employer - I'm not saying it's right, and the governments need to make all wages fair.

If anything, the "foreign workers" suffer all round - (wtf are you talking about I hear you scream lol!) - but think about it, not only are they being paid slave wages, but they're also being beaten by society with a crappy stick for taking jobs that are paid slave wages :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you!!!!

I trained for 6 years under the joint industry board agreement which defines electricians rates

We get an abundance of foreign labour let in by this [edited] government and suddenly my wages drop and I can't get the agreed rate I trained for because of this **** government

Edited by silverfox1961
removed sweary word qnd personal insult

True enough jdes26,, I have to keep on my toes with my job as there is always someone else to replace me if I dont do my work well. I always give quality workmanship even if I say so myself.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you!!!!

I trained for 6 years under the joint industry board agreement which defines electricians rates

We get an abundance of foreign labour let in by this wanky government and suddenly my wages drop and I can't get the agreed rate I trained for because of this **** government

Your talking out of your butt

The fact of the matter is

The foreign worker does it because it's a bloody damn site more than he would get in his own. Dump country!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't do it because I know it's wrong he just accepts because he save £50k ore 15 years and bigs off back to Poland or wherever the hell he comes from

Nice - Perhaps a change of attitude may help?

That is NOT the "foreign workers" fault - he too is a human being trying to make an existence in this world - just like every other human being. The government? Yes I agree - but as I said, there's also room for a change of attitude.

Edit: Forgot, we as a nation don't have people who work abroad - oh that's right, we do! I seem to remember the British making a mint over in Saudi

Never liked this thread

One English won't mean English it will mean euopean

And we will all be in the dole obviously people duck will be happy then

:(

Excuse me? People like me? Just because I speak up in defence of people who are doing no wrong, and are doing no different to what us brits have done/do?

As for being English - this may come as a bit of a shock to you jdes, but we ARE European (now).

And if you want the benefits of the "Human rights act" - then I'm afraid you're going to have to be done with it!

Although, those who you refer to as the "w***y government want out of it, they want to get rid of the "human rights act".....So maybe you don't think they're all bad after all?

True enough jdes26,, I have to keep on my toes with my job as there is always someone else to replace me if I dont do my work well. I always give quality workmanship even if I say so myself.

And this can only be a good thing :-)

Trouble is that British workers rights are gradually being eroded. I live in an area which was known for car manufacturing. Most of those companies have been bought out and the manufacturing moved abroad, some to countries where workers are exploited, they have limited rights, and where Health and Safety are not an issue.

Yes the Brits can work abroad, especially in European countries, but there's a reason why we get so many Eastern Europeans come here. We have better wages etc, and a national health service, housing, welfare systems etc. The reason that we have them is because our forefathers worked and fought to get these things, and we all pay for them. When others are willing to undercut the accepted fair wage for the job, it undermines those who have fought for that. It also means that less is being paid back into the economy as they are paying less tax and NI, while others are having to claim more back in benefits.

I do think that countries like Australia have it right, only allowing certain people in, particularly those with particular skills that are needed in those countries.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sorry duck

This country is a disgrace

This country was renowned for it's British work force

From

Ship building to railways to coal mining or the industrial revolution

We didn't need foreign labour

So why are they here now

There greedy people duck !!

The thing is now I'm am electrical

Supervisor now and I sack every one of them

Just doing my bit for society

Edited by caro
removing offensive comment

Since the beginning of the British Empire we have invaded other countries - we even built English houses in India!

I have had friends, family and colleagues over the years work in Saudi, Austrailia, Spain, France, Germany South Africa - and as we speak there are British workers rebuilding the middle east.

Whether it is one, or one million - you can't pick hairs when you're making a point! That would be "pot and kettle" to be honest :roll:

Sorry duck

This country is a disgrace

This country was renowned for it's British work force

From

Ship building to railways to coal mining or the industrial revolution

We didn't need foreign labour

So why are they here now

There greedy people duck !!

The thing is now I'm am electrical

Supervisor now and I sack every one of them

Just doing my bit for society

Would it be remotely possible to have a discussion without you being so rude?

Edited by caro
removed quoted offensive comment

Trouble is that British workers rights are gradually being eroded. I live in an area which was known for car manufacturing. Most of those companies have been bought out and the manufacturing moved abroad, some to countries where workers are exploited, they have limited rights, and where Health and Safety are not an issue.

Yes the Brits can work abroad, especially in European countries, but there's a reason why we get so many Eastern Europeans come here. We have better wages etc, and a national health service, housing, welfare systems etc. The reason that we have them is because our forefathers worked and fought to get these things, and we all pay for them. When others are willing to undercut the accepted fair wage for the job, it undermines those who have fought for that. It also means that less is being paid back into the economy as they are paying less tax and NI, while others are having to claim more back in benefits.

I do think that countries like Australia have it right, only allowing certain people in, particularly those with particular skills that are needed in those countries.

Well put Caro!

My point is, we can't blame the workers - or start becoming rude or abusive about it, calling their countries "a dump" etc.

There is only one group of people to blame for this problem - and that is the government, then it is any person who would turn down a job because they felt it was beneath them (potato picker for eg) - of which many "foreign workers" would do without thinking about it.

Well when one turns up from the agency

I will tell him and every other chancer the same thing

Your services are not required

No pick up your tools and GO

Goodbye

And you may just find yourself hauled up in court for a discrimination or human rights violation :-)

This thread says " what's wrong with this country"

Im stating what I feels wrong !!!!

Your stating that it's ok for foreign works to accept to work for lower wages and that people from this country should be cool with this

Now if you truly believe that then I find u insulting!

This thread says " what's wrong with this country"

Im stating what I feels wrong !!!!

Your stating that it's ok for foreign works to accept to work for lower wages and that people from this country should be cool with this

Now if you truly believe that then I find u insulting!

I'll tell you what's wrong with this country then, and every other country that have human inhabitants shall I?

Human beings are the most greedy, selfish and spiteful beings to walk the planet.

I notice you can't answer any of the points I make whatsoever about us British doing all of these things you're so against - lest of in a polite manner!

You do know that it is against the British Law to discriminate, and to not offer all equality don't you? So don't grumble if you end up being prosecuted :-)

• Confused 1

The other thing this Country I feel has done wrong to mess up our economy, is - we do not export anymore!

Everything from Copper wire, car manufacturing, steel etc etc!

But then again, that's the Governments doing!

If we were to export again, could you imagine the jobs and revenue that would bring in?

The UK used to lead the world with motorcycle production - but offered the dinosaur defence of "people want British twins, not gimmicky Japanese fours".

Reading this thread - its alarming to see the dinosaur culture still remains - and worse to see it turning to protectionism rather than choosing to adapt.

Britain has an island culture, and lack of languages does limit Brits working abroad, although the entire Spanish holiday coast pretty much has English as its first language.

Obviously the UK led the industrial revolution and was a giant in its day, but dinosaurs were giants in their days too.

In 2003 the UK had the third highest rate of child poverty in the EU - and that was with Labour in power, I wonder where it stands now.

Lastly - most immigrants do not come to the UK as it offers so much - they come as English is their second/third language, being the most readily accessible language to learn on the planet. Ireland is probably a better choice, given higher wages and English language too - but the UK gets the bigger press. But both are beaten by the Channel Islands, who are also members of the CTA, yet few outwith the CTA are aware of their significance.

• Confused 1

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I didn't even realise we were 6th on the list of top importing countries! This is not good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_imports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks