comet issue with washing machine

cometrage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I was wondering if you could help me.

I purchased a washing machine 5/08 with 5 year warranty. Machine broke down in sept 2010 I phoned up they could not find my extended warranty details on their system they had no details of billing or delivery address. I gave them all my puchasing order details (date/make model/policy number) along with both delivery and billing address. I spent 3 days trying to sort it out, I assumed the warranty had not gone through properly. All they could find was an xbox we have purchased 3 years ago.I did not have any time to waste I needed my machine fixed.

I could not do without my machine so I had a machine repair man fix it.

It broke down again on the 7th feb I insisted they kept looking for me on their system I faxed through my purchasing invoice once again for proof of purchase.

They still couldnt find it, it took 10hrs worth of phone calls (which I can prove from my phone bill) until they eventually found it. The repair guy went out 3 weeks later (since I first reported fault) on 21st feb but could not find address????? They had put incorrect details on system.

When they did turn up eventually they said I have voided my warranty as I had an independant person replace the belt on the washing machine. I am so upset.I had to get this person out as they told me I had no warranty, why would I want to pay extra. AAAAHH.

So after them not recognising my details, 10 hrs of calls over 3 weeks, repair man could not find address (right in centre of town??) I have to buy another one.

That washing machine cost 279.99 ,149.99 extended warranty and a fortune on phone bills, not to mention the stress. I will not let this lie. I am raging. Please help me!!

Can you help me please thanks

Hi,

Sorry you were missed,

I wouldn't bother following the normal route of complaint as you might get fobbed off. What I would do is go higher

Director hugh.harvey@comet.co.uk

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Comet Response
Hi there

I was wondering if you could help me.

I purchased a washing machine 5/08 with 5 year warranty. Machine broke down in sept 2010 I phoned up they could not find my extended warranty details on their system they had no details of billing or delivery address. I gave them all my puchasing order details (date/make model/policy number) along with both delivery and billing address. I spent 3 days trying to sort it out, I assumed the warranty had not gone through properly. All they could find was an xbox we have purchased 3 years ago.I did not have any time to waste I needed my machine fixed.

I could not do without my machine so I had a machine repair man fix it.

It broke down again on the 7th feb I insisted they kept looking for me on their system I faxed through my purchasing invoice once again for proof of purchase.

They still couldnt find it, it took 10hrs worth of phone calls (which I can prove from my phone bill) until they eventually found it. The repair guy went out 3 weeks later (since I first reported fault) on 21st feb but could not find address????? They had put incorrect details on system.

When they did turn up eventually they said I have voided my warranty as I had an independant person replace the belt on the washing machine. I am so upset.I had to get this person out as they told me I had no warranty, why would I want to pay extra. AAAAHH.

So after them not recognising my details, 10 hrs of calls over 3 weeks, repair man could not find address (right in centre of town??) I have to buy another one.

That washing machine cost 279.99 ,149.99 extended warranty and a fortune on phone bills, not to mention the stress. I will not let this lie. I am raging. Please help me!!

Can you help me please thanks

Hi cometrage

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve encountered.

I am aware that since posting you have written in to our head office, I will ensure that you are kept up to date with the investigation to ensure that a fair resolution is reached.

Adam

Comet Customer Care

Guest Comet Response

Hi cometrage

I’ve been informed that a resolution has been reached, which I am sure will meet your satisfaction. You will receive a call within the next 24 hours to discuss the matter further.

Adam

Comet Customer Care.

• 2 months later...

cometrage

please update this thread

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...