withdrawl of job offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are offered employment verbally and via letter and a terms of employment contract, and no where does it say provisional offer or subject to checks,

Can an employer then withdraw there offer and say there not taking application any further BECAUSE OF UNSATISFACTORY CREDIT HISTORY???

The job was with a very popular worldwide car insurance firm. Regulated by the fsa.

There is once ccj on my credit report that i didnt even now about till friday as when they rang to withdraw offer i got access to my credit report online.

Can i request a subject access report from the potential employer to see exactly what showed up on there credit search. Also they offered job 4 days after second interview (had 1st interview 2 weeks ago) Should they not have done checks before making the offer????

I don't think it normally works that way. As was said the other day, employers make a job offer and then ask for references etc. Otherwise it would cost them a lot more to screen all the candidates.

Hopefully others will know more than I do, but I suspect that your problem could be because the company is fsa regulated. It sounds a bit strict though.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

at no point did they say or have they wrote offer subject to checks or a provisional offer.

it was a congartulations you have been successful we welcome you on the 14th march to begin your 4 weeks training

Even if the job was unconditional, they can withdraw an offer giving notice. Staturory notice is one week, it's more than a week from the start date, so you aren't entitled to payment. In short - yes, they can. Sorry

Possibly. The whole thing is complicated by the (possible - not sure about that) fact that the contract is already in place - allegedly. In such instances normal practice is to assume one weeks notice. Continuous employment does not start until you have actually turned up for work - but contract law does not need continuous employment.