Barclaycard Mercers *******BIG BALANCE********

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Evo

Welcome to CAG

Why did you keep on withdrawing the money? Now they've added £30,000 interest in that period. So if you handed the monies back, you debt is now £60,000.

So if I understand you correctly, you knowingly withdrew £30K each month for your projects..... built up a horrendous debt.... and now want us to help you get it written off?

It doesn't work like that.... sorry.

I'm not even sure I believe your story.... sorry again.

:-)

Edited by PriorityOne

no :-)

Just want advice on how to deal with this

Pray hard.

What on earth were you thinking?! You must have known there'd be a big comeback.

If you think they're going to write this one off, you're sadly mistaken. People are hounded for far less than this.

Do you have assets? I'm assuming you do.... Have you had any ideas yourself about what to do?

I'm happy to advise anyone on here.... but as it stands, I'm not even sure I believe you right now..... sorry.

:-)

This is apsolutly true - no kidding - I'm seriously asking for advice on this.

I would not waste your time.

The problem is..... that you've got a clear paper trail of intent here; withdrawing large amounts each month with no intention of paying it back (that's what it looks like). Of course, you can argue that B/card were slack with procedures in allowing you do do this but it's not the point. Whatever you decide to do to protect yourself won't deflect from them wanting their money back.

Are you repaying anything at the moment? What position are you in re. assets? I ask because that's what they'll be looking at as well and you need to be aware that they will want to pursue this through the courts because of the sums involved.

Like I said in the original statement I want to come to payment terms which they have

already offered - I was kidding about the write-off. Its my responsibility so I want

to come to some arrangement with Mercers. I'm looking for advice on how best to

do that.

Like I said in the original statement I want to come to payment terms which they have

already offered - I was kidding about the write-off. Its my responsibility so I want

to come to some arrangement with Mercers. I'm looking for advice on how best to

do that.

What can you afford? Over what period of time?

What have you suggested and how have they responded?

Have you suggested anything in writing?

Thanks PriorityOne for your responses.

Write now I have not proposed anything - what I was thinking was say £2-3k per month over 6 years to clear this.

You'll need to get them to freeze interest or you won't get anywhere.... Have you had any conversations with them recently about repaying? I take it they've now frozen the card and you can no longer use it?

yep I can't use the card - Ok so how do I go about having a conversation to freeze the interest ?

I do have property which I live in but I want to come to an arrangement to pay back.

You don't have any more conversations over the 'phone for starters.

You will need to state your position in writing..... how good are you with writing letters? If you want to draft one and post it up, I'll look at it for you but you need to be aware that Barclays might see it, as they (and others) often look at these forums and I suspect that the amounts involved may identify you.

You don't have any more conversations over the 'phone for starters.

You will need to state your position in writing..... how good are you with writing letters? If you want to draft one and post it up, I'll look at it for you but you need to be aware that Barclays might see it, as they (and others) often look at these forums and I suspect that the amounts involved may identify you.

I'm pretty good with letters, I have also removed the original thread content since you said they could identify !!!!!

Please give a breif general overview as I missed the original post :!:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Yep I also have to say wow it is big but I needed the cash and now time to pay back. Mercers said if I'm having difficulty to come to an arrangement with them to pay over a longer term so I need to now have that conversation. I know they would not want to sell this debt due to the amount so I want to keep it with mercers and deal with them.

So i guess I'm asking what should i propose ? Freeze of interest and then propose 2 to 3k per month ?