Company won't respond to emails/calls regarding refund

EmJaneJackson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a pram and car seat from BabyTime in Welling, Kent on 22nd Jan via their website as they don't stock the products I wanted in store (Obaby Zezu Pramette and Car Seat), the wesite states orders usually take around 7 working days but can take up to 28 days.

• 22nd Jan - Get a confirmation email of my order being placed and that it would be processed as soon as possible, not that it is being processed.
  • 25th Jan - £232.50 is debited from my account to BabyTime, so to me it looked like my order had been processed and should be recieved in the next few days/week.
  • 3rd Feb - Sent an email asking if I could get an ETA on my order just so I knew when I could expect it, they replied within 50 minutes of me sending the email saying they have a buge backlog of order and that mine will be fufilled in the queue but they would push it through on priority basis and let me know when it's been despatched.
  • 8th Feb - Look on website to see if I can find a contact number (they don't have one on there for some reason...) only to find that they have a large red disclaimer stating they have had a warehosue leak and a huge backlog of orders because of it, they hope to clear the backlog by end of the month. This is too late for me as I'm due to give birth at the end of the month and need them before I go into labour.
  • 12th Feb - Sent an email again to BabyTime expressing my concern that my order will not be recieved in time due to the warehouse leak and that if I'd been informed of this previously I would've cancelled my order there and then. I then asked for my order to be cancelled and a refund given as they couldn't guarantee I'd recieve my items anytime soon.
  • 15th Feb - Sent a follow up email asking if someone could get back to me regarding my cancellation.
  • 17th Feb - Sent yet another email stating how disappointed I was with the lack of correspondence and that the money had been taken from my account with no sign of me recieving my order. I demanded they give me a refund or I'll go into the store on Saturday and get my money back there and then.

I've also been trying to call the store for the past week to find out what's going on with my order but the line goes dead after ringing for a while and then is engaged when we call back. What can I do to ensure I either get my money back or get my order in the next few days? Surely they can't take money from my account without despatching my order?

Hi Rebel11,

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into these after I've spoken to the company tomorrow. I haven't yet recieved the goods in question and I'm hoping to get something sorted out as soon as possible as I really need these items now. Thanks again for the advise.

x