RBS Overdraft Default - Attempted CCA & SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have been reading these forums for a while, on and off whilst trying to clear a debt I owe to RBS.

A few years ago I took out a Graduate Royalties account with a year on year decreasing overdraft limit. I was a bit silly and didn't change my account address when I moved house. I had online banking and assumed I would get all the letters I usually got via my email.

While I was abroad for a while, I realised I couldn't access the account online any more. When I eventually called up, I was put through to Triton without warning who really were incredibly rude and pushy with me. I had gone over my accepted overdraft amount and so my account was suspended. I owe about £1650.

Upon returning to the UK, I decided to try and do a CCA to RBS - they kept sending back my letters, asking for a signature. I sent them back some scans of documents with my current address on, an old statement with a previous address and a scan of the front of a debit card. I never heard back - I didn't send this one by recorded delivery so I expect they just put it in the bin!

I decided to try the SAR route, but they have sent me a letter saying my signature doesn't match (I also sent them proof of ID as above, but only initialled the letter). They want me to sign this piece of paper and return it, or get a copy of my passport approved in a branch. They also said I should update my address and signature at a branch - which as far as I know - I wouldn't be able to do since in their eyes I don't have an account with them any more(?)

Can anyone advise me on what to do next? Should I go into a bank and update my address information? I don't really want the Triton letters coming to my current address, or to have any embarassing arguments with the staff in a branch.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I think under the circumstances they are quite correct to query the request due to the address issue.

Easiest way is to go to the local branch with passport etc but you will need to give them your current address with at elast 2 utility bills etc as proof.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

What I have decided to do now, is make a new sheet with a copy of my passport photo page with the signature blurred (you can see the shape but it isn't replicable).

I then printed the word SIGNATURE over and over in a grid below the image and signed over the words twice. You can see it is my signature signed on top, but they wouldn't be able to scan it and put it into an agreement sheet. They already have proof of current address which I sent with the SAR request.

Ultimately I want to find out what agreement they have from me and what letters they sent which I didn't receive because of this change of address situation. So once I get them I will decide how to go about things - what I need to pay back etc.

Thanks for your input!

• 1 month later...

RBS have now sent me back a Subject Access Response.

All it contained was a list of dates where they tried to contact me about the default and the dates I contacted them. Plus a list of transactions on my overdraft from the point the account was opened.

I feel like there should be more paperwork there - like a signed agreement. Am I right?

hiya,

normally there is not a paper agreement for overdrafts

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...