Advice on EON disconnecting my local pub

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, was in my local pub over the weekend and the landlady of one nearby asked my advice so I will throw it open to all you knowledgable people.

She owes EON quite a large amount for electric, they have refused a payment plan and arived last Monday to disconnect although she says they didnt have a warrant but alas she let them in.

Now she doesnt live on but does rent out the upstairs rooms to a young family who have a 3 yr old. Obviously the no electric has caused them huge problems as they dont have anywhere else to live.

The landlady is at her wits end, she cant open to make money to pay bills and has the worry about her tenants upstairs.

Question is, can they disconnect if there are young children living on, and has anyone got any ideas about getting the electric back on (legal of course).

Thanks

I think you need to get the local MP involved, especially as she is doing her best to sort the issue out. Were they actually from EON or from one of their sidekick companies, power2contact or face2face? Either way putting her business out of action would be rather pointless, she could now take the bankruptcy option and EON would not get much for their efforts.

Have you contacted the company directly with a lump sum offer at all?

Thanks Sillygirl,

Not sure what she has offered but she did say it was realistic and would mean she had to live on crisps and pop which I tool to mean joking apart to be a decent offer.

What would the MP do can I ask ?

Done some reading on the family upstairs but cant get a real answer on the validity of disconnection under these circs.

If this is a shared supply, EON will reconnect as it is winter; is it possible the reps on the day weren't informed of the vulnerability? Normally stringent checks are carried out before removing a supply so that vulnerable customers aren't left without supply.

Normally payment plans aren't accepted when there have been previous failures; it's therefore difficult to give too much advice without further information...

Perhaps a call to the reconnections department stating that there is vulnerability on site may sort this

The start point here is why does she owe them a lot of money? Is it inability to pay over a long time, or is it E-on not billing for a long time, or is it possibly a billing error. I've seen bills 10x too high due to a billing error. Need to start with understanding whether the bill is correct or not.