Help getting out of PDL cycle please.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help navigating myself out of the mess I've got myself in.....

Luckily my partner found out about the horrible cycle I've got myslef in and is getting me through this month but if our relationship is to survive I need to be the pro-active one and get myself out of my mess!

I currently owe...

Payday UK - £550 (£110 due on feb 28th)

Quick Quid - £550 (£101 due on feb 28th)

and wage day advance £215 due on the 28th.

I can make all these payments on this date which will get rid of WDA but I'm only clearing the interest on QQ and PDUK and need to be rid of them ASAP so I can start making inroads on my Overdrafts (which thank god right now arn't too pressing!)

I went through CCCS debt remedy and they suggested setting up a dmp which would include my overdrafts but figure if the PDL's don't stop my interest they will be receiving very little in pro-rata'd payments and the debt would just keep building!

I am in the process of setting myself up with a halifax basic bank account so I can change where my wages go but wanted people advice on how to go about contacting the PDL companies about repaying them?

I can afford £250 p/m right now but with their interst rates thats not going to get me anywhere!

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

EF

Don't go with the pro rata idea on the DMP plan, snowball it instead, as you can afford £250 split the smaller debt into two and ask very nicely if you can pay it that way, email them and keep emailing till they give in. Tell them that if they don't accept you will have to let it go to court.....

Hopefully this way you will be rid of both of them in 3-4 months. If you contact both companies before you default they may play ball, if not start copying in the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards on the emails.

Just spoken to PDUK, Really helpful woman told has cancelled my rollover payment so they will attempt to take the full £550 on the 28th and I just have to ensure that they can't then they can set up a repayment plan for me, Her exact words were "I obviously can't advise you to cancel your card, but if we we're unable to take payment from it then we would be able to help you set up a repayment plan..."

Going to try QuickQuid next and cancel my card and D.D's asap!

What have others experiences been with QQ as I tried to speak to them at the start of the week and told them I was looking at starting a dmp but all they would say is we will continue to add interest and attempt to take payment until we here from your debt management company, but I don't want to go down this ote and lump my overdrafts in with this small loans.

EF

I was adv my PDUk they couldnt do anything til my paydate and i defaulted.

Really all my repayment plans were set up with ease, only express caused me problems....

WDA seat up a repayment plan no questions asked but at a cost of £30 odd quid

Dont be fooled, some of these companies want you to default and then add a default charge, I also notice that continuing interest charges are not frozen. From experience my OHs card was cancelled (not reported stolen but lost) one company took 2 small amounts out of her bank account, resulting in charges.

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Definitely cancel your card if you're keeping your existing bank account and keep checking your account in case they try and set up a direct debit. Let your bank know that as you are trying to pay your overdraft off not to let any other payments go through as there will be no money in your account and that you are trying to avoid incurring more charges. Change all your DD's (utility bills etc) over to your Halifax and get your salary and any benefits moved to the new account.

I would go with Sillygirl's advice and pay off the smaller one when it's due. That will leave the 2 larger ones, but at least it will be 2 instead of 3, however, after reading your post PDUK seem to be ok to deal with so hopefully they will let you set up a payment plan. In my experience QQ are extremely unhelpful, they will only let you pay over 3 months. If you pay off the smaller one this month then that will leave you with £35. Maybe offer PDUK a token payment and negotiate the remainder over say, 4 or 5 months. QQ will probably not play ball at the minute so I would concentrate on emailing them daily - their customer services are crap - really rude and unhelpful so stick to emails. Whatever you decide to do Good Luck, you'll be fine, it's just taking the initial step really that's hard, but at least you're taking control so feel proud! xxx

So my partner wants to help me out and is covering my rent this month so i can clear QQ,

Guess this means I will need to cancel my card and then contact QQ with my new details so I can attempt to make an agreement with PDUK after I default......

Wish I could clear the lot now, but if pduk will accept £110p/m I should be done in 5months!

Hi eleri,

Some think getting a new card protects your bank account from being pilfered but the only secure way of protecting your income is by changing your bank and getting a new account. There are PDLs who withdraw funds by direct debit which will not be affected by aquiring a new card. Even if you manage to set up a payment plan there is nothing to stop them from raiding your account by suprise using a direct debit mandate.

Please don't assume that because you've cancelled your debit card that money can't be taken. I bank with Halifax and late last year, they allowed £354 pounds to be taken off a cancelled debit card......months after I'd cancelled it (on the advice of the bank!). The money was taken from a DCA who are a part of one of the companies I owed money to. Halifax wouldn't treat it as fraud or refund it because I'd given the PDL company my (old) debit card details & and I was told by Halifax that cancelling a card doesn't give 100% assurance that money won't be taken. Make sure that you do open a new account to get wages paid into, set up standing orders etc and see if you can put a block on the other account. This is what I've done. I had to do this through their head office, not a branch, but it means that money can't be taken out of that account. I'm still able to tranfer money into the account though to pay back my overdraft. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

So...... Payday has been and gone!

Quick Quid is gone!

WDA is gone!

Payday UK - made me pay £55 as a holding fee (10% of balance which i payed via my bank)

leaving me owing £495......

Refused to accept a repayment plan over more than 3 months which leaves me with a repayment of £165 pp/m it's a stretch but will be good to be rid of it!

Only problem now is they refused to give me bank details to set up a standing order saying they don't have that facillity.....

I have set up a halifax basic account so wondering if I transfer just the £165 each month to that account (not used for anything else) and give them those card details then I should be safe from any account raids?!

Just want to make sure that the money will be over in time as payday is the 28th so would have to set up the transfer for that date and hope its in halifax in time to be collected by pduk - am i taking too much of a risk?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I think that if you give the PDL companies your Halifax Easycash accout details, you should be OK because there's no overdraft facility. Just make sure that you only ever have the amount in there that you need and no more. Also keep an eye on any other accounts, as recently a PDL company set up a Standing Order on my account without me knowing. Lucily, the account is blocked so no money can go but it's very underhanded. Transfers from my Easycash account to my other Halifax account, and also landlord's Barclays account, are instant but show up on the receipient's account within 2 hours.

It seems that PayDayUK are becoming less ans less easy to deal with when in default. Pay what you can, if £165 is a stretch then tell them so they are simply being unreasonable. They have also lied about not giving there bank details as they have given it to many others, including me in the past. Below is there bank details which are also available in the stickies.

Payday UK

Barclayslink3.gif bank

account number-70610534

sortcode-20-77-67

Make sure you put account reference and name when paying in and keep receipt.

PayDayUk were actually quite reasonable with me and have agreed to a payment plan over 12 months (after they initially stipulated 3). I think it helped that i sent them an Income/Expenditure info. They are set to review it after 3 months, however I pointed out to them that my outgoings were only likely to increase (utility bills, petrol etc) and as i wasn't receiving a payrise this year, they couldn't expect me to commit to increased payments.

The account info they gave me was as below, however...

Account Name: Month End Money Ltd.

Account Number: 39524906

Sort Code: 60-00-01

My advice would be to stick to your guns and insist on paying by standing order. Type an email complaint and complain in writing asking for their details and the fact they are being unreasonable. I would not give them any card details whatsoever, who knows in 6 months when they decide that they are going to take the rest of the made up charges they decided you owe......

As for bank account details, I personally would only take them from the company directly. No offence to anyone who has commented but its the only way you know that payment has definately gone to them, and if you pay the wrong company its gonna be a whole lot harder getting it back than it was sending it!!!!!

PLEASE HELP TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING Every pound donated to this site helps us to keep on helping others. Click Here to Donate