Anyone still waiting for their Goldtrail refund?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I bought a package holiday through an online travel agent last year. Two weeks later, Goldtrail went bust. I looked at my receipt and found I had been sold a Goldtrail holiday. I am still waiting to get my money back. Is anyone else in this position? I can't get in touch with the online shop I bought the holiday from. I have left messages but no reply. The people dealing with my claim - Huntswood - subcontracted from the CAA - have said that they are still waiting on confirmation from the online shop? It's been nine months now and I need my money back - £850 - which is a lot of money to me. I am so angry. Does anyone know what our rights are? Is there a time limit on how long they can take with all this? Thanks so much. Minky47 :-)

Hi sent my claim in July booked with KTX travel saga airline told was chartered from Goldtrail when they had gone bust im also awaiting confarmation from Huntswood rang last week told to ring back in six week as no being checked by CAA again will be nine month of waiting mines for flight only had to book another flight as hotel and transfers were already paid and no refund on them how long have they got to pay us could do with the money need to pay it back as borrowed. Thanks all. She_Wolf :)

Hi all, I booked our holiday through Travelpatrol for the end of July '10 but Goldtrail went bust the week before we were meant to fly out! Our flights were Goldtrail charter flights booked through Travelpatrol who were the agent (hotel was also booked through Travelpatrol so was not a 'package' holiday as the hotel booking remained), and I just received a letter from Huntswood who have just approved the £500 claim. Fingers crossed I should be getting my hard earned money back in the next 14 days. I did fill in the form and send off all the documents as soon as we returned from our holiday (with alternative flights through Thompson) and had a CAA confirmation letter through probably end of August / beginning September. But Travelpatrol must have been quick at getting the claim processed and passed on to the CAA, but now even they have ceased trading so lucky it was quick. Seems as though the travel agents are letting people down. I don't know what happens if CAA can't get any information out of them - though I would expect there is a time limit after which the claim has to be processed fairly, but I'm not sure. Good luck to all that are still waiting :-)

hi there, i bought a package holiday through an online travel agent last year. Two weeks later, goldtrail went bust. I looked at my receipt and found i had been sold a goldtrail holiday. I am still waiting to get my money back. Is anyone else in this position? I can't get in touch with the online shop i bought the holiday from. I have left messages but no reply. The people dealing with my claim - huntswood - subcontracted from the caa - have said that they are still waiting on confirmation from the online shop? It's been nine months now and i need my money back - £850 - which is a lot of money to me. I am so angry. Does anyone know what our rights are? Is there a time limit on how long they can take with all this? Thanks so much. Minky47 :-)

im too still waiting apparently its supposed to be up to 90 working days this took us till xmas and still nothing...

• 1 month later...

hi.. today 22/03/2011..called huntswood regarding my outstanding £410.00. from when goldtrail went bust. This money has now been outstanding for 9 months, all the while paying interest on my credit card. Was told today, that it would be at least another 4/6 wks. before my case would be re-assessed. well out of order, coz we book with these companies in good faith...there is no way they should still take payments when they know they are going under... look at all the thousands of pounds of our money which is outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we booked last Feb and paid our full balance in May to R-Travel, amount paid 1700.00. As yet had nothing but a struggle getting through to anyone. My claim was sent off in August when we came back from our holiday which we booked because we lost our one with Goldtrail to Turkey. We heard from Huntswood October time and they have been very helpful and kept in touch by email. Huntswood required more information in the form of a Atol Receipt, I have never had one so contacted R-Travel to get one from them to forward on to save time, this was December 2010, after lots of phone calls I spoke to a manager on 4th March who said it would be dealt with quickly and I would get a confirmation and copy of paperwork, three phone calls later and its now been bulked with a load of other claims and sent off to where I couldn't find out as the assistant on the phone terminated my call(how rude). Currently sending a letter of complaint to R-Travel to see if I get anywhere, not holding my breath. Yes lots of monies outstanding so no summer holiday for me and my children this year unless I get a payout. Even thought of giving Dominic Littlewood a call see what he can do for us all. Hope we all get our well earned money back. muthacutta x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I emailed Huntswood on tues 26th April they have responded today wed 27th April stating that a full refund has been approved and will be deposited into our account in the next 14 days. We wait and see. Looks like we could have a summer holiday this year after all. That is if we get the full amount. I'll let you know how we get on. R-Travel are still hopeless this could have been resolved in December if they had pulled their finger out!!!!

Good luck to everyone else

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone I got our refund but not the full amount!!! what a suprise. Called Freedom group they have refunded the remaining monies owed this took less than a week. was also told that R-Travel have ceased trading yipppeeee!!!!

Me and my family are going on holiday on Tuesday to Crete, thank goodness it wasn't to Turkey with holidays 4 u as they have gone bust today. People effected get your claim in and be persistant it will pay off eventually xx good luck everyone