eReader and eBooks : Broken Kindle - amzing customer service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The case of my Kindle has developed a very fine crack. No reason I know of why this should have happened.

I've had it for almost 4 months

I called Amazon who without any quibble at all, organised to send me a brand new replacement which should arrive in a couple of days. I then just have to make sure that I tranfer all data and then I have 30 days to return the old broken one using a printed pre-paid DHL label. (If I don't return it, then they will bill my card - fair enough).

That was it.

No questions, no quibble, no bother, no charge, no loss, no cost, no anger, no persuasion, no resistance.

Just Yes.

• 1 month later...

Except with very rare tales, Amazon are terrific with all returns, it is'nt just Kindle (I presume, unusually, they make 'em/have them made don't they ? Do they have a dedicated Kindle repair/warranty work department, for example ? ), and especially so with big elec's stuff.

Allthough I have read one article where a buyer's account was blocked , for using the returns facility too often ( It sounded like a beaurocratic hiccup, but interesting nonetheless. )