Please advise Me. PC World GRRRRRRR

Shyner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was bought a new computer for xmas from PC World. after three weeks of use it just stopped working. unplugged it all and left it a day and it started up again.but after a short period of use it occurred again. returned it to PC World who were so unhelpful and would not replace the item as it had just gone over the 28 days notice, which in my reconing is b#llocks, but would have their tech guys look at it. three days later recieved a call to come and collect. when we got there we were told they could find no fault with the computer so would take no actions.i argued that this fault will occur again to be told well you will again have to return it. as the store is a good 25 minutes away i insisted i want action taken to replace as i dont want this round trip weekly. i was told if it happened again they would have to send it off, and be without a computer for several weeks. now yet again the fault has occured, so i have taken a film of the fault occuring because i was told they would have to see the fault for themselves, so much for the customer is always right. could somebody please advise me on my next steps as i believe i have a case thru the Sale Of Gods Act where if the purchase is under 6 months i dont have to prove the unit to be faulty. please help someone.......regards shyner.:mad2:

Hi and welcome to CAG,

The Sale of Goods Act is very clear on this. Within the first 6 months it will be assumed that the fault was there from the beginning.

I would go back, show them what you recorded and then (if possible) record them. Make it plain you are recording the conversation in the event you have to start legal proceedings. Also, find the phone number of your local trading standards. If need be, give them a ring whilst you are in-store and ask PC World for the address for serving legal documents.

The upshot is that you are entitled to replacement or refund. They have had one chance. That's enough.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE