PPI - Some notes for Claimants - Frequently Asked Questions & Discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was wondering if you could help.i took a new loan out in november 2006 to consolidate my debt.i was advised to take ppi as it was a large amount i was taken out,i told the personal banker that i had a bad back,but he never said if i ever claimed on my back THEY WOULD NOT PAY OUT! so i really think he missold the ppi to me! because just after new year.i could not go back to work with my back,so as usual away i went to pay for my treatment at the osteopath.in feb my disc in my lower back had burst,so i,ve tried to claim & they are saying it was a pre- existing condition.i have paided for the operation private & which has cost me a lot of money.how can this be pre-existing as i never had an operation on my back before!! can you help in this situation.

regards horseychick.

Hello, do you still have the terms and conditions of the ppi policy. Sometimes there are excussions, such as backache and mental illness(no hope for me then):lol: But if there is this should have been made clear to you

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a loan with bank together with PPI and was considering taking a 1 month repayment holiday, have to complete a new agreement which made me aware of the high cost of PPI, my questions are can I cancel the 3 year old PPI and how would I do this? have read somewherethat some banks insist on PPI, is this is the case can it be bought elsewhere?

Hio

Slightly off topic i know but io wonder if yu could clarify something for me.

Iknaow that conditional PPI ie no PPI no L:oan cannot be included inthe credti but have to be in the total charge for credit nd therdfore reflect in the APR.

But earlier i noticed that PPI when voluntary can be added to the loan.

I was of the oppinion that this sort of linked transaction had to havea sepperate ageement withn the overall agreement with seperate and combined APRs.

I wonder if someone could put me straight.

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hio

Slightly off topic i know but io wonder if yu could clarify something for me.

Iknaow that conditional PPI ie no PPI no L:oan cannot be included inthe credti but have to be in the total charge for credit nd therdfore reflect in the APR.

But earlier i noticed that PPI when voluntary can be added to the loan.

I was of the oppinion that this sort of linked transaction had to havea sepperate ageement withn the overall agreement with seperate and combined APRs.

I wonder if someone could put me straight.

Best regards

Peter

Hello Peter,##Nice to see you in our neck of the woods. I think your best bet is to pm reidnet. He is our champion in the ppi forum.

I was just thinking about credit agreement and the mis-selling of ppi. Surely when they have paid it back, it would make the credit agreement void.

Sorry ask a question, get a question, but its your own fault for being so knowledgable:lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

If ihey were saying it was a mandatory poicy you could say you were missold the agreement and possibly get them under 127(1) but i would have to think about it a bit more

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

If ihey were saying it was a mandatory poicy you could say you were missold the agreement and possibly get them under 127(1) but i would have to think about it a bit more

Peter

Many thanks peter:D

My neice has charges which I think is PPI

Can anyone confirm if this is the same

Cardholder protection Plan and then it changes to Payment Protection Cover again these show montly and I guess interest is charge on top of this?

Some months she has been charged £2 other months £70, she said she did not know about them and signed up for the credit card (Lloyds TSB) on the net.

Also if she able to claim will these charges have to be on a seperate claim from her penality charges (late charges)

My neice has charges which I think is PPI

Can anyone confirm if this is the same

Cardholder protection Plan and then it changes to Payment Protection Cover again these show montly and I guess interest is charge on top of this?

Some months she has been charged £2 other months £70, she said she did not know about them and signed up for the credit card (Lloyds TSB) on the net.

Also if she able to claim will these charges have to be on a seperate claim from her penality charges (late charges)

Hello,

There are many names for ppi and I would think the above is ppi and they do charge interest on top:grin:

Personally I would do the two claims seperately as I would only confuse matters.

Start a thread on the ppi forum for any further questions.:grin:

You may also be eligible for claiming lost payouts, if you were turned down on a policy that you should never have been sold. The firm must reply within eight weeks.

Hi Can anyone have any useful info on the above. Its in regard to PPI's. this is quite interesting as I am attempting to get my money back because I was constantly refused when claiming.

You may also be eligible for claiming lost payouts, if you were turned down on a policy that you should never have been sold. The firm must reply within eight weeks.

Hi Can anyone have any useful info on the above. Its in regard to PPI's. this is quite interesting as I am attempting to get my money back because I was constantly refused when claiming.

Hi. I am wondering if anyone can help me with the above as I have not had any contact from anybody about this.:Cry: Has nobody chase their PPi's regarding this or is this a new area to be tackled. If anybody does have any experience of deal with this issue PLEASE post it on this site. Its very lonely in this place.:Cry: Thank you.

I am trying to sort out the PPI but its quite a complex area at the mo. I don't think anyone has got very far. My complaint is with YES CAR and trying to get a half decent answer from them is like trying to translate the davinci code:D

Hi Thomass1949,

I would recommend that you start a new thread on the above matter, that way more people will probably read it and hopefully you will get all the help that you need.

Good luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian,

because of many things affecting me I was not able to process my PPI with Cap one until recently. To sumarise for new readers I took out card in January 2001, had pre existing medical condition that they knew about but on medical/hospital advice in March 2001 had to take early retirement. Phoned cap one about it at the time, and was given run around. It was not until I found this site, read your posts, read the OFT report, read about Cap One fines for mis selling that I decied to pursue it. Had charges refunded after filing court claim with their interest rate of 24%. Now had chance(after several turn downs to request for return of PPI) to file claim(Summary Cause Claim) for PPI with similar rate. Lo and behold they offer to send cheque for the charges plus the interest at 8%, only after receiving court papers. They'r not on, They also say it will take 14 days to process cheque hence another 14 days interest should also be added. So thanks again for your presence and advice on this site Ian. Others please follow this guy's advice.

Me too, fellow BB person!

In my instance it's for nearly £2K worth of PPI fees paid on a credit card. They've not been able to produce a CCA and so I have no way of knowing whether I originally asked for it or not when taking the card out in 2001. Regardless, despite claiming more than once, they've never paid out on the basis that I hadn't been with employers longer than 6 months before unemployment (last in, first out situations!). So, I'm asking for it back.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Very interesting thread this - I took out an M&S storecard in 1995 and on the application form it asked how many hours I worked. At the time it was under 16 hours so I had to name my partner.Last year I was made redundant and tried to claim on the PPI but was told I could not as my partner was named , not I. This sucks, as the card is in my name, I made all the payments and they must have had about £3,000 of my money.

They have now served me with a default notice. I phoned someone at the FOS and all they said was "that is correct, if your partner is named , he is the one insured." Is there anything I can do ?

Very interesting thread this - I took out an M&S storecard in 1995 and on the application form it asked how many hours I worked. At the time it was under 16 hours so I had to name my partner.Last year I was made redundant and tried to claim on the PPI but was told I could not as my partner was named , not I. This sucks, as the card is in my name, I made all the payments and they must have had about £3,000 of my money.

They have now served me with a default notice. I phoned someone at the FOS and all they said was "that is correct, if your partner is named , he is the one insured." Is there anything I can do ?

Hello Kaaron,

MMMMmmmmm please let me help you with this one pllleeeeaaassse.

The FOS aren't really helpful I have found to my disappointment, but I have had and have an on-going fight with the mighty M&S. Their not as clever and as mighty as they think:cool:

Start a new thread on the ppi forum so I can give you some tips and useful information regarding the mis-sold ppi and the application form:D

oh oh and the default

• Haha 1

Hellhasnofury-like it!

Yes it,s been a bundle of laughs .M&s have been extremely polite so far but they haven't responded to my enquiry as to why they can't pay me my money yet.

I'd be very grateful for your input here.

Many thanks for the response so far.

Hellhasnofury-like it!

Yes it,s been a bundle of laughs .M&s have been extremely polite so far but they haven't responded to my enquiry as to why they can't pay me my money yet.

I'd be very grateful for your input here.

Many thanks for the response so far.

Hiya Kaaron,

Start your own thread and fill us in with the history,events and where you are now please:D

I am glad to help:D

Great - but how do I start a new thread doh!
Hiya Kaaron,

You will get used to the site.

Click on the main ppi thread. on the top lefthand side just under the main heading for the consumer forums. You will see a tab with new thread on in, click on that and leave your post.

Good luck:D

hi-sent a letter to welcome asking for refund of mis-sold ppi-14 days have now lapsed and need to send lba but not sure where i can find a template or how to word it-thanks.

i was a casual worker and was also not given the option of refusing it

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

hi-sent a letter to welcome asking for refund of mis-sold ppi-14 days have now lapsed and need to send lba but not sure where i can find a template or how to word it-thanks.

i was a casual worker and was also not given the option of refusing it

Hello Jubaxt,

How many posts have you now made on the ppi forum. Please can you keep to one thread, it is so hard to keep up with you. I have just put a lba letter on Matt ppi thread, have a read of it and see if it is of any use to use. If you need help please post on one of your other threads.

Sorry to be blunt, but I can keep up with you:D

HI-HELL

Just read the above post re matts lba but it reads to me as a prelim-you have added on the bottom that after 14 days a lba will be sent-this letter is similar to the prelim i sent

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

HI-HELL

Just read the above post re matts lba but it reads to me as a prelim-you have added on the bottom that after 14 days a lba will be sent-this letter is similar to the prelim i sent

Hey Jubaxt, well spotted:D Pasted the prelim up in error.

Have changed it now

Thanks