Attempting a PPI claim against Santander / GE any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been browing pursuing some claims of my own that I started before I discovered this great site but I've been browing & have read some of the great advice here & was wondering if anyone had some advice or a view on how I should proceed.

I am attempting to recalim a mis-sold PPI policy on behalf of my mother that was charged to her Debenhams store card operated by GE.

I initally challenged the PPI on the grounds that at the time (Sep 1993) it was sold my mother wasn't working, despite providing a letter or redundancy & other documentation as proof of this they refused to accept the misselling or refund any payments.

Send DPA requests back in June & received an incomplete bundle missing statements with no data prior to 1994. I responded that they had not complied with the DPA request & received a response that they have supplied all they have & in their view have complied. Sent a final letter threatening court action to enforce the DPA request & have today received a further bundle which is still incomplete. The reply today states that they feel they have complied with my DPA request as they have supplied all that they have & do not have to supply anything older than 6 years.

Given the proof of mis selling I was tempted to just file a claim in court the trouble is without the date of the PPI fee's charged this is near impossible. Their reply today did state that the total fees paid for PPI ere just under £1900 which I find hard to beleive given that the fees charged from 2005 to 2009 when it was cancelled total £1100. I just don't beleive that from 1993 to 2005 a total of 12 years the fees only totalled £700. However even if this is the case without knowing the payment dates it's almost impossible to calculate interest on the payments.

I was wondering if anyone on this board had any view or advice on where I go next, do you feel that they have met the DPA request & are they only required to supply data back 6 years as I always beleived that it was 6 years after the cancellation of the contract.

Thanks in advance.

I have tried getting info on PPI payments older than 2006 from MBNA with little success. SAR and 2 additional letters have so far produced nothing. I am in the process of sending them my claim and I have done the calculations for the missed payments going back from 2006 to 1994 in a couple of ways but have now settled on averaging all the known payments and using the average for all unknown payments. Because of the high balance on the card this adds up overall to an extremely high amount with all interest added in so it should shake them into doing something :D

There are some spreadsheets and letters towards the end of my thread HERE

Thanks Smoothound, that the approach that I was thinking of taking. Calculating the average of the payments I have & using that going back. I have also been told that if you make a claim in court estimated figures such as you described are acceptable when the bank can not or will not supply the true figures.

At least it might force them to reveal the true figures, I know for a fact they are witholding the info from me because they quote a total sum paid so either they know or they are trying to mislead me & really have no idea

• 2 months later...

All sent off and I've had 2 letters back. One saying I'd have an answer by a certain date and then another apologising that it was taking longer than they thought to look into it and i'd have a reply by the end of April...