Getting worse again.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems strange the calls start just before bank holidays and kids main holidays.

Is it just me this happens to?

No calls for ages then all of a sudden they start again. HFO and Mackenzie hall mainly. Few unknown and withheld numbers also.

Still not spoken or replied to any of them as yet.

Thanks for the advice though.

Yup. Noticed that too. All of a sudden it becomes a matter of life and death that you MUST phone urgently just before holiday time!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Its a bit like the companies who post a 48 or 72 hour letter on a Thursday, knowing you can do very little over the weekend.

Luckily I haven't had any calls for ages.

If it is HFO calling you might want to start a thread about this so the HFO Fan Club can join in the fun, we know the way this company work and can give a lot of practical help.

Never had that problem mainly as they dont have my new number. they have my old one but thats useless as it got cut off about 18 mths ago due to me changing phones and not keeping my old number thn not toping my phone up.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 year later...

Been out of work since 2006. Disc prolapse, With Sciatica which also affects bowl and bladder functions. They are useless tell me have some tablets and get on with it.

Another appointment due soon, Pharmacy said make a list of questions.

Is there a step by step guide to this? Benefits have always confused the hell out of me.

Currently on IB topped up with IS and tax credits for a student (18). Partner currently doing a

college course 2 days a week. Not working.

I read on another forum not to speak to them on the phone? Have i got that wrong?

I guess this is not something i can ignore and hope it goes away.

Is there a step by step guide? Thanks.

Do you believe there is some connection between your nearly SB debts and your (possible) IB to ESA migration? This is extremely unlikely.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Or an i worrying about nothing? And just answer it?

It will be the 1st time i will have answered the phone to a non family member for 6 years :(

DO NOT under any circumstances do anything you would not normally do throughout the IB to ESA process since it will just be used against you. Ignore the phone calls and sooner or later an ESA50 form will land on your door mat. If you can, get help completing it but there is also a step by step guide in the stickies.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:deep in the whatsit:

No-one has to take a call from Jobcentreplus if they don't want to. Tis my personal choice to only speak to them on the phone when it suits me, and that's not very often! Reassessment for employment and support allowance won't go away but this phone call will. Just look out for the ESA50 in case it gets lost by Royal Mail.

The letter you've received is as good a guide as any to the reassessment process. Need help with the ESA50 questionnaire? The sticky on the first page of this forum is ESA50 Guide by :leemack: Rethink's site has a guide to coping with the descriptors about cognition and mental health.

When the time comes there's plenty of info on CAG about work capability assessments, rates of employment and support allowance, work focused interviews, etcetera.

Margaret.

Thanks, I would prefer to do things by forms. Although im useless with those and they ask the same questions with slightly different

wording.

From what i have read and people in much worse situations from me i will get called up.

Thanks for the advice, Wonder why my debt posts are getting ignored?

Be a miracle if they find me a job, But one i would gladly accept. I tried volunteer work but i was too unreliable

for them.

Thanks

Yes i posted my debt questions.

HFO one... here....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?304340-HFO-Litigation-Letters/page6

Statute barred....here... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?368321-Statute-barred-i-think..-Confession-time.

I know I did it all wrong just sitting and twiddling my thumbs but I really am fretting now. Is it behind me?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

My previous posts were about HFO chasing debts. I think they are all not SB.

I thought the date was September 2006 for my last payments, But it seems like it may

have been August 2006.

I got my £2 stat credit report and some default dates were March 2007. So i was going to

get another report Late March/April to see if everything came up clear.

I have heard nothing until today when a letter from Scotcall popped through the door. They are going to send collectors around.

Says debt was from Arrow Global Guernsey limited.

OK so SB means they cannot take me to court for it, But the debt still exists right?

So they can still keep doing this?

Thanks.

they'll do it even if its sb'd!!

snortscrawl are not BAILIFFS

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Statute means that whilst the debt is not extinguished, once you have informed them that you will not be paying toward a statute barred debt they should cease pursuit. They will certainly not be able to collect by way of court action because of the limitation act.

If they even think of it, Statute Barred is absolute defence so let us know if they try.

Have you actually written and told them it is statute barred and you wont be paying ? If they are foolish enough to send someone to your home. You do not have to speak to them and definitely they have no power to enter your home. Simply tell them to go away else you will call the police. Who the hell do they think they are.. the Kray Brothers!! The OFT say they are not permitted to simply turn up so they will be in breach of those guidelines.

There is a draft SB letter in the CAG library. Send one to them - at the very least send it recorded delivery so you know it has been received by them.

Many DCAs will argue that limitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued. It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

SB is 6 years in England and 5 in Scotland.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry to say but i am the type of person that make all you good guys bang your heads against the

wall and think why..oh why..

I had some great advice before these debts were statute barred, Although i didnt exactly ignore the advice

i still decided on the cowards way out and keep ignoring them.

So i have not spoken on the phone or by letter since Septembr 2006. I thought this was the date i cancelled the

direct debits. But it seems it may have been August 2006. But i do remember speaking to them in September

2006 regarding the debt and payments. But they were so pushy asking for money i did not have, I hung up

and never spoke to them ever again.

I guess if i had written to them sooner as you all advised i might not be getting these.

Thank you very much, I Promise to turn over a new leaf.

Always seems to be a reason to put it off, But it doesnt take long to write a letter does it.

So as i thought no court action, They can ask for the money but a no thank you, Should be the end?

Can they send callers round to ask for the money? How often are they allowed to ask?

Thanks.

Edited by deep in the whatsit
How rude. I forgot to say thanks.

cant see you've done anything wrong.

just ignore them.

as for DOORSTEPPERS

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!

NO POWERS AT ALL.

your cat has more

tell them to go away

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you very much, I Promise to turn over a new leaf.

Always seems to be a reason to put it off, But it doesnt take long to write a letter does it.

So as i thought no court action, They can ask for the money but a no thank you, Should be the end?

Can they send callers round to ask for the money? How often are they allowed to ask?

Thanks.

They are not permitted to just turn up on the doorstep - they must make an appointment that is acceptable to you and you are not going to make an appointment. So end of.

If they do turn up and we keep telling you this. They have absolutely no powers of entry so dont let them in - in fact print off the Doorstep letter from the CAG library and poke it through the letter box at them.

Once you have written to them advising that the debt is statute barred and that you will NOT be paying them, then they should cease pursuing you. TBH if you send the letter by either special or recorded delivery and have confirmed by way of the RM website that it has been received by them, then If it were me, I would simply return their letters unopened ! Once they have received the SB letter - you can indeed dig a hole in the sand pit and bury yourself.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 8 months later...

Probably thinking out aloud but i thought are any of my old debt collection letters.

I shredded loads when i 1st had issues and the credit card companies refusing to help. But it seems my other half hid some.

HFO (lots) Monument Card

Reminder notice of assignment, Do not ignore, Schedule of litigation, EX50 forms with pages 5,6 and 7 missing? added Annex of solicitors costs.

72 hour notice of litigation, with attachment of earnings forms. ( i was not working).

EX325 forms with schedule of litigation letter.

Special consideration for a limited period...blah blah...

Mercer's acting as agents for Barclay's (Monument)

Cabot / FIRE / Ruthbridge / Hodsons / Robinson Way, All for a Citi card debt

BCW, McDonald Rankin & Partners, Asset Collection & Investigation Ltd, JB Debt Recovery, Moorcroft, Red, Hamptons Legal, Lowells, GPB Solicitors, All for a Cahoot loan

Credit Security Limited,

Oh my this is endless.....

Bryan Carter & Co, Clarity, Buchanan clark & wells, Wescot, mackenzie hall, Scotcall, Robinson Way, First revenue assurance, Credit Solutions, Fredrickson International. NCO,

A notice of proceedings from MBNA.. Then underneath "this is not a court document"

Even though it shows PLAINTIFF: MBNA DEFENDANT: My Name.

CAPS AND BOLD to draw your attention away from the this is not a court document.

Clarity with WARRANT OF EXECUTION in bold caps..

Notice of intention to issue court proceedings from Fredrickson International, (They obviously didn't)

Sorry if this is rubbish and a waste of everyones time. Please delete if it is.

Thanks.

A big lesson for life and not something i will ever do again.. Now debt free

and will stay that way even if i have to live in a box.

Thank you again...

why not do what I do scan them

then you have them forever more

dx

and they