123happy (Overseas) -v- Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am in a very simalar situation with barclaycard UK. I live in spain and have been speaking with barclaycard because i am unable to make payments for about 6 months they have started charging non payment fees and interest again which is making the propblem worse but the scarry thing is they said after 7 months they will sell my debt. What does this mean will they sell it to a Spanish company has this happened to anyone.. Please help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, some one from the site team will be along soon I hope.

If they sell the debt, its worthwhile to remember that the debt will be covered by UK law, CCA1974. With that in mind, there aren't too many ways that I know of where Spanish Debt company could enforce a UK debt on Spanish soil.

Just a thought

I have had personal dealings in the areas I comment on, however, I am not a lawyer. Any advice I give is without prejudice and is merely my opinion based on the information I have gleaned from my experiences, understanding and interpretation of the law. You should always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional.