lowell financial and credit check

xbear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter from lowell the other day concerning dept from a old credit card about 3 years ago, I have been wondering what to do about it. i never miss payments on my loan and other credit card however this one slip my mine after not changing address when moving house. I carnt get credit anywhere so i checked my report on credit expert and it says lowell have done over 20 serches on my credit file in the last year. Who knows what I should do

even if they have done searches as long as there is no adverse data then that should not be the reason you are being refused credit. by rights searches should be invisible to other lenders

as for clownells ignore them until such time as they bother to contact you

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I agree with Buzby. There are two types of searches that can be done on a credit file: unrecorded and credit. A unrecorded enquiry is usually done to confirm a persons identity and is not visible to other potential creditors. A credit search IS visible to other creditors and is detrimental to a persons credit file as each search is classed as a credit application. Debt collection agencies have a very nasty habit of logging numerous CREDIT searches on peoples file knowing the effect it will have on that individuals credit score.

I suggest firstly you check which type of search has been undertaken by reviewing your credit file. If it says credit then write to the CRA advising that the classification of the searches are incorrect, and if they are not corrected you will lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner.

That can be the problem, sometimes they do credit searches even though they shouldn't. If that has happened you are entitled to have them changed to unrecorded or removed. Again, I advise checking your file to see what has happened.

Not sure from the above if you are saying there is also detrimental information on your credit file or just the searches. A debt will stay on your credit file once applied even when payment resumes, unless there has been a clear period of 6 years between payments. If you want to re-commence payments on this account then unfortunately the default will still show for 6 years from its' date.

Do i pay the dept or not though i would like to be able to start gettin credit agen but this is the only thing i see holding me back

Who is the CC with? And why would anyone want to get credit in this day and age?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do i pay the dept or not though i would like to be able to start gettin credit agen but this is the only thing i see holding me back

We dont advocate debt avoidence on the CAG, but we do advocate ensuring that DCA's have the right to collect enforceable debts and that they have the right paperwork to back up their feeble threats.

Do you pay or not, depends on what info they have regarding this alledged debt and on your conscience

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)