The Halifax

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me whether the Halifax can access Mortgage account details dating back to 1993 when the account was paid off and closed.

Would it be archived on microfiche, and if so where? I have contacted them and they can not trace the account via any reference I give.

The account was taken out with the Leeds Permanent Building Society but they merged, and were taken over by the Halifax 15 years ago.

Been from pillar to post, any thoughts?

Hi dax

Legally they only have to provide documents for 6 years thorugh a SAR Request. Some of the banks do holder records for longer periods, but deny that they do.

I'm sure the 'bright sparks' here will advise further.

Yes rebel11, I am aware of the 6 year rule, still, has anyone gained access to data from a Mortgage account dating back to 1993?

I mean can we commonly assume it likely most banks, building societys, still hold that info somewhere (in truth), or do we presume since all the bank reclaims started, the banks had a deliberate clear out to avoid having to produce it?

Bookworm to the rescue please!

The Abbey gave me backdated data to 1991, in 2006, but has anyone managed to obtain data from the Leeds Permanent Building Society at all within this forum, and if so who supplied it?